PDA

View Full Version : car's bogging from vafc being removed

hoamic11
10-25-2006, 10:22 AM
close please, everything's been takin care of

Ok, so recently my car was broken into and my vafc was stolen, and the wiring harness is still intact. But since the removal my car's starting to bogg now, when i start it seems like it wants to stall but doesn't and well now i'm left to the fact that if i drive it i'm scared it's gonan ruin something, however my question or opinion is will it actually do anything/damage, or should i try to jumper the wires or somethign?

i'm thinking about driving it home to sask, but am stuck in this dilema, about what to do, can it just drive and nothign will really happen or wha?

thx

doublepostwhore
10-25-2006, 01:42 PM
Reset your ecu...

hoamic11
10-25-2006, 03:52 PM
tried it, didn't notice a difference when i started it, but i haven't driven it since the incident

rc2002
10-25-2006, 04:15 PM
You'll have to remove the VAFC wiring harness and then put your original ECU harness back to the way it was. From what I remember, there are some wires that are cut so that they go through the VAFC before getting to getting to the ECU. With the VAFC gone, your ECU's not getting the signal. Pretty sure the MAP sensor wire is causing most of your problems.

Anyway download the instructions from the Apexi website if you haven't already.

If you have that frog plug and play harness, then it's really easy. Just remove the P&P harness. But if it's hardwired into your car then it'll take some time.

Good luck.