PDA

View Full Version : Experience With Employement Agencys

2.2vtec
10-25-2006, 05:25 PM
I graduated with with a b.comm in finance about a year ago and am finding a hard time finding a good entry level job in the industry. Since applying directly to companies has not brought me much luck I would like to hear some of peoples experiences with employment agencys such as Kelly serivces. What some of the good ones out there that some of you have used.

dodger97
10-25-2006, 05:39 PM
If you are looking for a finance job...I would recommend Robert Half.

Look them up on the internet.

2.2vtec
10-30-2006, 06:16 PM
^was it a good personal experience with them?

PeterGTiR
10-30-2006, 11:33 PM
I've had a pretty good experience with Bowen. Right out of school, four months of office experience, and I don't think that I interview particularily well...they got me a job at Nexen. Mind you, it was only for two months, but it was better than nothing at the time. I was able to gain some experience, and meet some people, which included my supervisor - who gives a great reference.

Bowen is really good for entry level jobs. If you're above data entry, you should probably move on.

For me, if I was looking for a job and am looking for something specific, I would just try to get my foot in the door, and then after a year, ask for what I really want. You could establish a relationship with them and show them that you're smart, a hard worker...