PDA

View Full Version : Remote Starter Repair

DADDY-O
10-25-2006, 06:22 PM
Hey all,

So I had a compustar remote starter and alarm system install about 1 year ago on my van. Everything is working well on it except for the remote start! Problem is that the place i got it installed from appears to no longer be in business and now i need to get this repaired.

Anyone recommend a good spot. I was even thinking about contacting compustar to see if they'd do anything for me. I wont hold my breath on that though.

Any suggestions? or recommendations?

Thanks.

silvercivicsir
10-25-2006, 07:06 PM
what does it do ?? what happens when you try to remote start it ?

DADDY-O
10-25-2006, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the reponse. I guess i could have been more specific on the problem.

When i start it you can hear the engine turn over and it sounds like it started but them it just stops. The connection is there it just doesn't stay. It tries this 3 times then quits.

Is their a possiblity that maybe the idling was changed when serviced that this is keeping if from running?

silvercivicsir
10-25-2006, 10:30 PM
sounds like a bypass issue.. .. try this..

Leave a key in the IGN and remote start the car and see if it stays running.. if it does, you know it's an issue with your bypass.. (assuming the car you drive is a 05 Caravan)...

DADDY-O
10-26-2006, 01:16 PM
You were absolutely correct!!!!!!

05 caravan, tried the key thing and it worked.

How can i correct this so I don't have to have the key in the ignition?

Thanks man!

silvercivicsir
10-26-2006, 04:06 PM
do you remember how the shop did the bypass ? they probably had two options.

1) 555U Leave a key in a box and you have an antenna ring on the barrel somewhere ( don't think they did this).. cuz they never fail.

2) 556C a little pellet that they program into the car (pretty much a third key)..

I would start by taking part the housing by the key, should only be like 3 or 4 screws.. remove the cover and look over by the key barrell, the Pellet most likely just move outta place. reposition it, tie strap it up and you should be good to go..

DADDY-O
10-26-2006, 05:20 PM
sounds easier that it really is...right?

I don't think I would be able to do this...any ideaswho could and what i should expect to pay?