PDA

View Full Version : out of country inspection

jdmsource
10-25-2006, 10:10 PM
so we decided to bring a few cars over from japan, and since this is the first time bringing in cars i dont know the exact procedure for customs. anwyays i got one of the containers that arrived this week, went to canada customs to clear customs on the cars and the canada customs officer tells me that the cars require a out of country inspection aswell as an out of province, i asked her to further explain the out of country inspection because to my knowledge cars over 15 years old only required the out of province inspection, she insisted that i DO need to pass that and it includes getting the child safety restraint hook installed as well as getting all labels on the vehicle translated to french and english. can anyone shed any light on this matter?:banghead:

thanks in advance for any help:thumbsup:

Lo)2enz0
10-25-2006, 10:24 PM
wow dude, looks like they are kicking you in the balls on this one

like you said, there should only be an out of province inspection.

this was taken from another forum:

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/viewtopic.php?t=7322

i will post more when i find it

Kobe
10-25-2006, 10:26 PM
double check if the cars have safety restraint hook's installed already, when I imported mine from the states, they said I had to get it done aswelll...

But they were already in there...

jdmsource
10-25-2006, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Kobe
double check if the cars have safety restraint hook's installed already, when I imported mine from the states, they said I had to get it done aswelll...

But they were already in there...

yeah from my understanding cars coming from the states that are less that 15 years old require this out of country inspection

NGRPLZ.NET
10-25-2006, 10:30 PM
WtF? Talk to crapnadian tire.. I think they are the only ones who do them

ninspeed
10-25-2006, 10:52 PM
There is new policys in alberta for importing cars. I got a 10-15 page document at work regarding what can pass, and what will fail, how to test ect... The biggest one that will easily fail is the headlamps. Also, a OOC is now mandatory (it least thats what i understand reading the doc)... and canadian tire is the only place it can be done

avow
10-25-2006, 11:04 PM
so let me get this straight, you are a paid sponsor... trying to get all of us to import cars though you... yet you have never imported a car before?

mx73someday
10-25-2006, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by ninspeed
There is new policys in alberta for importing cars. I got a 10-15 page document at work regarding what can pass, and what will fail, how to test ect... The biggest one that will easily fail is the headlamps. Also, a OOC is now mandatory (it least thats what i understand reading the doc)... and canadian tire is the only place it can be done

When did you receive the 10-15 page document?

OOC's are only for US-imported less than 15 year old cars. 15 year old cars are exempt. It would be big news on many forums if we had to get OOC's for our cars, so I don't believe it happened. Plus I just passed two cars yesterday and a customer registered one of those today with only OOP, I was at the registry with him, no mention of OOC whatsoever.

ninspeed
10-25-2006, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by mx73someday

When did you receive the 10-15 page document?

OOC's are only for US-imported less than 15 year old cars. 15 year old cars are exempt. It would be big news on many forums if we had to get OOC's for our cars, so I don't believe it happened. Plus I just passed two cars yesterday and a customer registered one of those today with only OOP, I was at the registry with him, no mention of OOC whatsoever.
2 weeks ago... I did not read what was mandtory as a test (as i dont do inspections... ) i just read what the tests where. Mabey it was for just provincial inspections, and what to look for.

Lo)2enz0
10-26-2006, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by avow
so let me get this straight, you are a paid sponsor... trying to get all of us to import cars though you... yet you have never imported a car before?

no, if you do a search jdm source originally sold engines and jdm goodies. And they have a really good reputation on beyond

This is a first time thing, nothing wrong for a company to ask for some info because transport canada is getting a wee bit more strict

AllGoNoShow
10-26-2006, 03:56 AM

Your an idiot right? Sweet thanks for coming out, go home again.

jdmsource
10-26-2006, 09:34 AM

how about u go and read again, when did i mention that i wanted to import cars for people?:banghead:

anyways, so this morning i called Transport Canada and the guy i spoke with told me that if a vehicle is over 15 years old does not enter the RIV so therefore doesnt need to have a federal aka out of country inspection:clap:

chris
10-26-2006, 09:40 AM
they told me I needed an out of country inspection at the registry. Just don't listen to them, they basically don't know what they are talking about. Get your OOP done, go to the registry and give them your form 1 and OOP form, get your registration, drive your car

J's Racing
10-29-2006, 08:22 PM
:drama: