PDA

View Full Version : is there?

Vietsta
10-25-2006, 10:24 PM
is there such thing as a auto nissian skyline.
one of my buddies in my class was tell me that he knows a brown guy that drives a skyline thats is auto? not 5 spd. i never knew they ever made those

marko polo
10-25-2006, 10:38 PM
ya older models that arent gtr's i think had an option of auto

Vietsta
10-25-2006, 10:43 PM
this was a 1989 r32. not sure if it was gts or gtr but it had gtr logos on it

mx73someday
10-25-2006, 11:02 PM
All GT-Rs are manual, all of the other trims were available in auto.

Vietsta
10-25-2006, 11:05 PM
what a waste imo

Lo)2enz0
10-25-2006, 11:32 PM
why?? its like saying why did preludes come auto?? or any decent comparable sports car to the gts-t. what about supra's they came auto....is that a waste?

the_new_santa1
10-25-2006, 11:36 PM
^ very correct a newer syline tt is an amzing vehicle and perfroms just as well if not better then most of the exotics these days......They all came is auto, I dont see why auto has such a bad name, no clutches to worry about, no synchros, no missshifts....I would never own a auto honda for instance because you can get a tranny from like anywhere....so 5 speed in not such a big deal, try finding a tranny for a lamborghini.....

Mitsu3000gt
10-26-2006, 09:41 AM
There are alot of cars though where the performance is significantly less due to the fact they are automatic versus their manual counterpart. Is it a waste? no, but it sure makes for much less fun car. It is usually in older cars however. The N/A Stealth/3000GT for example - 0-60 time on the 5 speed was mid 6 seconds or so, and the auto was 8.5 seconds. That is a very significant difference with no change in the car other than the tranny.

With newer cars though, it almost doesn't matter anymore as they are like a tenth of a second different only and in some cases faster, like the Porsche Turbo. The fact that it is automatic lets you build boost from a standstill so you can get a better launch. To build boost in a manual turbo car you need some serious clutch abuse and nobody wants to do that. Also, most automatics can shift faster than 95% of the people driving manuals so they are still likely faster in realistic conditions.