PDA

View Full Version : questions: advertisements posted on traffic control sign posts

barbarian
10-25-2006, 10:37 PM
So some fuck head has been posting those "NEED A MORTGAGE? PHONE 555-1234" type signs on all the stop signs, crosswalk signs, playground zone signs, etc. in my neighborhood. Not on the sign itself, but right below, on the same pole, the same width of the sign, and a bright yellow background and red text.

My primary concern is the extra distraction the signs provide, given their presence on important traffic control signs.

1) Is this illegal? If I call 311 and report it, will bylaw officers pay these guys a visit?
2) If it is illegal to post these signs on traffic control sign poles, how legal is it if the signs are removed by a vigilante going for a walk with a pair of wire cutters?

djayz
10-25-2006, 10:41 PM
they are all scams anyways
next time you go for a walk write stuff on them or rip them off and throw them in the garbage.

Tik-Tok
10-25-2006, 11:10 PM
If caught, a person putting them up could be fined for littering, or causing a distraction to drivers.

If caught, a person taking them down will be thanked by many.

nadroj23
10-26-2006, 11:32 AM
^^^ lol liked how you put that. fuckin rip them down stupid pricks that do that kinda shit should be shot.