PDA

View Full Version : speed trap on 14th street north

blainer
10-26-2006, 10:35 PM
hey guys
Heres my story of the day.... so i was drivin on 14th and started followin this dude doin like 100 which is a usual for that section, we were comin up on this hill, between almost exactly half way between 64th ave and McEwan and to my surprise a speed trap, i cant remeber the last time there was one there but i got off scot free, sorry dude to the guy in front of me i also saw this dude in a grey civic and i was drivin back in the opposite direction an hour later and the car was still there but no guy and a line up of 2 more cars pulled over, shitty deal does that mean like impoundage of his car???
i consider myself extremely lucky that i didnt join the club of pulled overees
well thats it for my story
later guys

Eleanor
10-27-2006, 07:40 AM
:whocares:

ogpog
10-27-2006, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by blainer
hey guys
Heres my story of the day.... so i was drivin on 14th and started followin this dude doin like 100 which is a usual for that section, we were comin up on this hill, between almost exactly half way between 64th ave and McEwan and to my surprise a speed trap, i cant remeber the last time there was one there but i got off scot free, sorry dude to the guy in front of me i also saw this dude in a grey civic and i was drivin back in the opposite direction an hour later and the car was still there but no guy and a line up of 2 more cars pulled over, shitty deal does that mean like impoundage of his car???
i consider myself extremely lucky that i didnt join the club of pulled overees
well thats it for my story
later guys

Thanks for telling us. :rolleyes:

PS. Ever hear of run-on sentences?

3g4me
10-27-2006, 08:51 AM
What a speed trap in calgary? HOLY FUCK thats nutz.

96GrandAMGT
10-27-2006, 09:31 AM
the speed limit is what 70???? yet 100 is the normal speed in that section??? :dunno: i too would be happy i got off.....

JordanAndrew
10-27-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Eleanor
:whocares: :rofl:

avow
10-27-2006, 09:34 AM
lol dont you just love how caring we are here at beyond?

Xtrema
10-27-2006, 09:35 AM
1) learn to use punctuations

2) Speed trap on 14th right around the reservoir is very common on both north and south bound. It's a stretch that everybody opens up. The trick is slow down before you hit the reservoir (that little hill).

It should be a simple speeding ticket unless they got him on something else. Ticket season is winding down so the cops are fattening up before winter.

Xtrema
10-27-2006, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by 96GrandAMGT
the speed limit is what 70???? yet 100 is the normal speed in that section??? :dunno: i too would be happy i got off.....

It's not hard when there's no cars. I admit to be guilty of this a few times myself when nobody is around me. But I slow down before hitting the hill.

Mitsu3000gt
10-27-2006, 09:38 AM
Where does 14th hit the resovior? It connects anderson to glenmore, and then glenmore goes over the resovoir. I know there is a north 14th st as well but I didn't think either of them hit the resovoir.

khtm
10-27-2006, 09:38 AM
:drama:

DoubleLP
10-27-2006, 09:42 AM
Ummmm............as was said earlier......... :whocares:

slickk
10-27-2006, 11:30 AM
Holy shit that is very interesting! :burnout:

natejj
10-27-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by slickk
Holy shit that is very interesting! :burnout:

Dude, if you enjoy that, you won't believe my story.

So i'm driving home... and this COP DRIVES BY IN THE OTHER DIRECTION? I'M LIKE WTFEK? ACOP? AMGawdd!!!!!

:closed:

Schwa
10-28-2006, 05:08 PM
I think this is a good head's up because I've never seen cops there before either, and I use that road everyday. Just slow down on that hill especially going southbound.

Mitsu3000GT, we're talking about 14 st north so this pertains to Macewan/Sandstone people.

SilverBoost
10-28-2006, 09:58 PM
If I posted about where I didn't see a speed trap in this city, it be more unbelievable.

James
10-29-2006, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
Where does 14th hit the resovior? It connects anderson to glenmore, and then glenmore goes over the resovoir. I know there is a north 14th st as well but I didn't think either of them hit the resovoir.

lol...u pretty much said exactly where 14th ends, when it hits glenmore.....and yes the guy was talking about 14th north, which starts just north of the Resovior.

A2VR6
10-29-2006, 08:19 PM
are you guys talking about that little turnoff where theres kinda like gravel and a gate when your going southbound in between berkley gate (i think thats what it's called) and 64th ave? I've only seen a speed trap there once (about a good 6 or 7 years ago). I have seen a speed trap going northbound coming down the hill at the turnoff into noth haven ( people love to speed down that hill).

Schwa
10-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by A2VR6
are you guys talking about that little turnoff where theres kinda like gravel and a gate when your going southbound in between berkley gate (i think thats what it's called) and 64th ave? I've only seen a speed trap there once (about a good 6 or 7 years ago). I have seen a speed trap going northbound coming down the hill at the turnoff into noth haven ( people love to speed down that hill).

Yup, right there. A cop was there about 3 weeks ago and had 4 guys pulled over at once.

dam_guy
10-30-2006, 11:29 PM
saw him setting up today.
no point speeding on 14 st, cause its just one big speed trap from beddington all the way down to sait.

Xtrema
10-31-2006, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by dam_guy
saw him setting up today.
no point speeding on 14 st, cause its just one big speed trap from beddington all the way down to sait.

Yeah, in the dark and cold too. He was there when I pass by at around 615pm

Man, must be trying to get his quota in before Nov.

SilverBoost
10-31-2006, 08:42 AM
I'm going to count the speedtraps when it's 30 below. I wonder how many I'll see?