PDA

View Full Version : Alex Ovechkin vs. Sid Crosby

Calvin Rankin
10-26-2006, 11:31 PM
Just wondered how many fans we have here for each.

AzN'SKillZ
10-26-2006, 11:39 PM
ovechin is the better player

but both good

Kobe
10-26-2006, 11:41 PM
ovechin FTW

QD999
10-26-2006, 11:43 PM
crosby is better overall, ovechkin is a better sniper. Overall career wise crosby will rack a lot more points up.

harv91
10-27-2006, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by QD999
crosby is better overall, ovechkin is a better sniper. Overall career wise crosby will rack a lot more points up.

now it'll be easy to pick up assists with a guy like malkin n ur line :devil:

5hift
10-27-2006, 12:58 AM
Crosby's a bitch, I dont think I've seem him go a shift without complaining to the refs about something. How can Crosby be better overall when he doesnt even play defence? I can think of a ton of times when Ovechkin's thrown a big hit , but cant even remember if I've ever seen Crosby even skate hard if there wasnt a chance for him to get a point.

Ajay
10-27-2006, 01:16 AM
Both of those players are amazing and will be amazing for YEARS to come but I pick Ovechkin over Crosby. I think Ovechkin will become more a versatile player more quickly than Crosby (i.e. I can see Ovechkin on the PK faster than we'll see Crosby spend any considerable time on the PK).

BUT....Gretzky was also a very big whiner in his career and look at what he ended up with......

Kirbs17
10-27-2006, 07:19 AM
Ovechkins a more complete player. He is just plain sick on the ice. That being said, Crosby is gifted (duh) has amazing hads and can see the ice better than anyone on the ice IMHO. Ovechkin has a stunning shot, wearas Crosby can pass like no other.

PGTze
10-27-2006, 02:20 PM
Ovechkin For The Win
Crosby For The Whine

adam c
10-27-2006, 02:26 PM
Ovechkin FTW!!

hes someone i would pay to see

Crosby.. look at his team. its no wonder he has points

ProjectR
10-27-2006, 03:47 PM
^ haha same with ovechkin's team :rofl:

Alexander the Great is the MAN!

88CRX
10-27-2006, 05:39 PM
If I was building a team from scratch I would take Crosby. If i already had a #1 centre capable of leading a team then I would take Ovechkin.

Its like comparing Jagr to say a Joe Thornton type of player.

Street_Soldier
10-27-2006, 06:28 PM
Crosby makes everyone around him so much better where as Ovechkin is a goal scorer.

Like the person above me I would pick Crosby when building a team.

quikkoop
10-27-2006, 06:37 PM
Where do you guys figure Malkin ends up through all of this? Is he for sure a #3 to you guys, or is he an up and comer to rule all? Just figured Id put it out there :thumbsup:

toyboy88
10-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Ovechkin personally...

seeing him monday! :eek: ;) :goflames:

A2VR6
10-27-2006, 09:12 PM
They're both pretty equal, i'd take Crosby tho just because of his vision and everything. I dunno, i'd rather have a playmaker than a scorer if i was build a team.

asp integra
10-28-2006, 12:11 AM
crosby is a whiner, i dont like him at all, ovechkin actually can take hits and make amazing plays

alex the great ftw

94teg
10-28-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by QD999

Crosby is definately a overall better player, Ovechkin has a better shot then Crosby and is a bit faster skater but Crosby is definately better. If you think otherwise your not a very observative hockey fan.

94teg
10-28-2006, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by 5hift
Crosby's a bitch, I dont think I've seem him go a shift without complaining to the refs about something. How can Crosby be better overall when he doesnt even play defence? I can think of a ton of times when Ovechkin's thrown a big hit , but cant even remember if I've ever seen Crosby even skate hard if there wasnt a chance for him to get a point.

OK!! you don't have a clue....

94teg
10-28-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by adam c
Ovechkin FTW!!

hes someone i would pay to see

Crosby.. look at his team. its no wonder he has points

5-3 .... pretty damn good if you ask me... Washington 3-2-4 .... LOL bow down Ovechkin....

94teg
10-28-2006, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by A2VR6
They're both pretty equal, i'd take Crosby tho just because of his vision and everything. I dunno, i'd rather have a playmaker than a scorer if i was build a team.

Got that right, he's a franchise player. Crosby makes his linemates better, look at Armstrong last year 40 points in 40 games? who would you want on your team? a puck hog that loves to shoot and don't pass or a playmaker?

It's a no brainer. Ovechkin is a one man show and he will be shut down this year... Mark my word's he won't have the points he did last year and Crosby will shine..... any bets?

googe
10-28-2006, 09:42 AM
^haha, looks like we have a fanboy. ovechkin ftw. hes the total package and has a great attitude. winning the calder, putting someones head through the glass, scoring goals behind your head when youre on the ground sliding, never seen him complain. just plain fun to watch. and, no team to help you.

94teg
10-28-2006, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by googe
^haha, looks like we have a fanboy. ovechkin ftw. hes the total package and has a great attitude. winning the calder, putting someones head through the glass, scoring goals behind your head when youre on the ground sliding, never seen him complain. just plain fun to watch. and, no team to help you.

hahaha yes I am a Crosby fan..... Proud of it!!!

Majestic12
10-28-2006, 10:10 AM
Plus Ovechkin seems to be a great person off the ice too... Has good interviews, looks like he really plays for the fun of it, and gets involved whenever he can..like showing up for Washington's draft last year.

silver_gs-R
10-28-2006, 11:04 AM
Alex Ovechkin definetaly!!! :thumbsup:

eb0i
10-28-2006, 11:58 AM
Alexander OV-1 Ovechkin FTW!

Not only is he a stellar hockey player but his personality and attitude are top notch as well (you know what I mean if you watch any of his interviews).

Street_Soldier
10-28-2006, 12:23 PM
Crosby is a generational player, hes going to be like a Lemieux or Gretzky. Ovechkin on the other hand is your Jagr, Kovalchuck type player.

urbannomad
10-28-2006, 02:10 PM
Ovechkin, bigger stronger faster! well...maybe not faster, but more fun to watch! :eek:

gongSHOW
10-28-2006, 02:24 PM
Crosby is the better playmaker, his vision is remarkable. Ovechkin is a pure scorer. Crosby is no doubt the better player in my opinion.

TEAMFaint
10-28-2006, 03:19 PM
Neither, if I had to pick one though it would have to be Ovechkin.

But would the really Ovechkin please stand up?

Pretty slow start to this season I must say..I'm glad I didnt have first pick overall or I was going to take him..definately happy with my Spezza pick.

ProjectR
10-30-2006, 08:46 PM
Crosby and Ovechkin both have their strong points.

Supa Dexta
10-30-2006, 09:08 PM
I remember back in NS, when they started talking about crosby, he was only like 10... Pretty crazy, having all that pressure on you since that age, cameras in your face all the time, and your future basically laid out for you..

AzN'SKillZ
10-30-2006, 10:20 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
since he was ten wow

y so much crosby haters, there both good!

SneakyNeek
10-31-2006, 02:18 PM
if i was to put a top line together I would take Ovechkin
and then put him with Hemsky therfore = unstoppable

considering hemsky always thinks pass and Ovechkin can finish

ovevhkin would easily hit 50+ goals.

then mayb put a more defensive minded forward like peca or someone with them to make sure that things stay safe in the own end.

Hakkola
11-03-2006, 11:03 AM
LOL, if you could pick any player to put with Ovechkin it would be Hemsky? :rofl:

Ovechkin 12 points in 11 games. 6 goals 6 assists...

Crosby 18 points in 10 games. 6 goals 12 assists.

Malkin 11 points in 6 games, 7 goals, 4 assists.

Crosby might be a whiner but he's very entertaining to watch, he's becoming my favorite player along with malkin.

You guys can praise Ovechkin all you want, he's a good player, but I would rather watch amazing plays put together by Crosby and Malkin, it's more entertaining.

PS: I know it's early but Crosby and Malkin are both on pace for about 143 points. :thumbsup:

SneakyNeek
11-03-2006, 11:29 AM
yea i would put hemsky togerther with him

hemmer is already amazing with the puck and can pass with the best of them

soo why not?

all of these guys are only gunna get better and better.

i know i am a oilers fanactic and i watch every oilers game that is televised but hemsky always makes me jump out of my seat at least 2 or 3 times a game. And im sure most people would agree oilers fan or not.
He needs to work on his defensive play and watch the turnovers a bit more but he will for a fact improve on that.

He can also take a fuckin hit. He usually takes one good rocking a game and just gets bak up. Hes not a pussy unlike what alot of people think.

but aneways Ovechkin FTW

yes crosby is an amazingly skilled player but he has other guys on the team that are talented like him. Which all in all is gunna improve his point statistics. Ovechkin really only has 1 or 2 other guys that can contribute along side him, like Semin and Zubrus.
allthough im thinking Semin is gunna be a streaky player this year for the caps.

Hakkola
11-03-2006, 11:53 AM
k, just one more stat for you to chew on.

Ovechkins 6 goals comes from 65 shots.

Crosby's 6 goals comes from 31 shots.

Malkin's 7 goals comes from 20 shots.

What player looks over rated? I can't believe so many people picked ovechkin over crosby. By the way, Zubrus and Semin both have more goals than Ovechkin. Yes, I know it's early, and he had a great rookie season, and he is a great player, but if I had to pick a guy to make a winning team, it would be crosby, not ovechkin.

Now on to Hemsky. Come on man, if you could pick ANY player in the league to put with Ovechkin, I mean ANY player, it would be hemsky? You've got to be kidding me.

Cruz
11-03-2006, 12:05 PM
I think this move puts it in the bag:

http://home.comcast.net/~jess-ica/ovechkin.gif

I don't think Crosby could pull that off even in his wildest, wettest dreams.

88CRX
11-03-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

What player looks over rated? I can't believe so many people picked ovechkin over crosby. By the way, Zubrus and Semin both have more goals than Ovechkin. Yes, I know it's early, and he had a great rookie season, and he is a great player, but if I had to pick a guy to make a winning team, it would be crosby, not ovechkin.

Now on to Hemsky. Come on man, if you could pick ANY player in the league to put with Ovechkin, I mean ANY player, it would be hemsky? You've got to be kidding me.

:werd: , :werd: and :werd:

Originally posted by Cruz

it was a lucky goal... if Boucher would have been in possition theres not a chance in hell he's letting that in.

SneakyNeek
11-03-2006, 01:38 PM

yes i would pick him. theres prob alot of other guys that are more skilled that you would pick, but this is my opinion.

what do you have against Hemsky that doesnt make you seem to think he can play with ovechkin?

88CRX
11-03-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by SneakyNeek

yes i would pick him. theres prob alot of other guys that are more skilled that you would pick, but this is my opinion.

what do you have against Hemsky that doesnt make you seem to think he can play with ovechkin?

Anyone is capable of playing with Ovechkin LOL. What about Iggi or Jagr or Thornton or or or or...

There's dozen of players more capable them Ales Hemsky LOL.

Si_FlyGuy
11-03-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by SneakyNeek

Probably because there are over 100 players better than Hemsky still playing?

SneakyNeek
11-03-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Si_FlyGuy

Probably because there are over 100 players better than Hemsky still playing?

yea no doubt there are, i never said hemsky was the best player to put with him, i just said that was who i would put with him

and saying because there are tons of other players more skilled then hemsky dosent answer my question.

i asked why you dont think they would be a good a pairing

googe
11-03-2006, 08:15 PM

Crosby might be a whiner but he's very entertaining to watch, he's becoming my favorite player along with malkin.

You guys can praise Ovechkin all you want, he's a good player, but I would rather watch amazing plays put together by Crosby and Malkin, it's more entertaining.

Erm, did you SEE the ovechkin highlight reels from last season? Crosby has nothing on him...

And again, playing by himself.

TEAMFaint
11-03-2006, 08:33 PM
My line would be

Ovechkin
Thornton
St. Louis

Need someone small and crazy agility wise that can go hand in hand with a play maker such as Thornton and a sniper like Ovechkin..who says a sniper is gonna score everytime? I'd want a small guy weasling his way to the net grabbing loose pucks and putting them in the net

Back on topic, I'm not saying Crosby isn't a good player cause, well, he is. Anyone who gets picked first round is usually a top prospect to be a captain of a team sometime down the road. I would just much rather have a bigger guy who doesnt whine as much..that being Ovechkin.

Street_Soldier
11-03-2006, 08:49 PM
Crosby is better.

My line would be Ovechkin - Crosby - Malkin.

For the record highlight reel goals don't win games.

googe
11-08-2006, 12:04 AM
8 goals in the last 9 games for ovechkin now, putting him at #5 for goals. Crosby isnt anywhere to be found in the top 30. Thanks to Malkin though, hes getting lots of points still because Malkin can finish the job ;)

Crosby/Malkin - 31 points
Ovechkin/Semin - 33 points :thumbsup:

As for being the next gretzky/lemieux, hes already proven that he isnt. Both of them were already unquestionably dominating the game this far into their careers.

Hakkola
11-08-2006, 10:37 AM
washington has played 2 more games than pittsburgh has. So that point comparison doesn't hold much weight. :thumbsup:

I guess we'll see what's what at the end of the season.

googe
11-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Haha, of course too early to say anything conclusively. Just throwing it out there ;)

I think I overheard sindey got a point or two tonight so thats going to put them neck and neck in points

94teg
11-08-2006, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Cruz

yeah that's nice and im willing to bet ovechkin couldn't do that move again.... lol ...