PDA

View Full Version : Car Couriers - Stay Away

95EagleAWD
10-26-2006, 11:56 PM
So Car Couriers out of Calgary shipped my Galant up from Denver.

I'm quite not impressed, and will most certainly let them know.

First off, there was no communication. I had no idea what date they were picking up the car and when it was getting dropped off. No e-mail, no phone call, you know "hey your car is on the way".

Nothing.

They called me after the tow lot did to let me know it finally got to Edmonton. Then they were like "We drove it on to the truck in Denver, but it wouldn't start in Calgary."

So I'm thinking... great. WTF did they do?

Turns out the stupid-ass loading driver DIDN'T EVEN TURN THE CAR OFF when he loaded it!!!! He left the key in the "ACC" position. The driver of the truck didn't even know that he had a car to drop off in Edmonton... he didn't know the make, model, etc.

So now my car is sitting at Auto Rescue, dead in the water.

For $1600 bucks... I'm raging mad. How fucking hard is it to turn a car off?

If you're gonna ship, go with Searail or someone else. These guys suck.

UPDATE:

So it intensifies a bit here.

Got it towed to AFI Performance and we spent all day trying to get it to run. Spark and fuel work. New battery. Still nothing.

So compression test time.

Nothing.

Absolutely no compression in all 4 cylinders. So now AFAIK, this company has shitbagged my car to the point of a blown engine.

Lawyers are getting called tomorrow. As far as I'm concerned, Car Couriers owes me an engine.

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-27-2006, 12:13 AM
That's pretty shitty man, I'd be as pissed as you are. Keep us updated.

Hash_man
10-27-2006, 12:19 AM
Sounds pretty nuts. I'd sure as hell be pissed... had the car had a compression test before it was shipped?

Team_Mclaren
10-27-2006, 12:20 AM
Holy shit, wow thats hardcore...

95EagleAWD
10-27-2006, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Hash_man
Sounds pretty nuts. I'd sure as hell be pissed... had the car had a compression test before it was shipped?

The car was driven on to the truck. It had compression.

I'm so fucking mad it's not even funny. So I figured I'd play some Scorched Earth and get drunk.

:thumbsup:

Weapon_R
10-27-2006, 01:03 AM
Did u see the car before you bought it? If not, you'll have a very hard time proving anything...

Do you have mileage indicators before and after the move? I can't really see anyone joy riding the Galant...

BlackArcher101
10-27-2006, 01:23 AM
How can they shit bag it during transport? Somehow the compression was lost between pickup and drop-off?

Something doesn't make sense here. How do you know the car you got was actually the one you wanted.... and did you purchase the car blind?

How did they move it in Calgary to get it to you in Edmonton? Is it possible the tow driver left it in ACC?

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-27-2006, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101
How can they shit bag it during transport? Somehow the compression was lost between pickup and drop-off?

Something doesn't make sense here. How do you know the car you got was actually the one you wanted.... and did you purchase the car blind?

How did they move it in Calgary to get it to you in Edmonton? Is it possible the tow driver left it in ACC?

Turns out the stupid-ass loading driver DIDN'T EVEN TURN THE CAR OFF when he loaded it!!!! He left the key in the "ACC" position.

DoubleLP
10-27-2006, 09:23 AM
Wow! That sucks! I hope that everything gets figured out got you.

Tik-Tok
10-27-2006, 09:30 AM
Was the car off flEaBay? Someone could have cracked the block, used some kind of temporary patch to hide it (JB weld or some shit) and sell it, and the patch lasted long enough to load the vehicle, but shook apart by the time the car got here.

Kirbs17
10-27-2006, 09:34 AM
:eek: Brutal! Hope shit works up. As mentioned, keep up updated.

96GrandAMGT
10-27-2006, 09:35 AM
i used hansen L forwarding a feew years back when i had my 91 prelude shipped from ontario here....great service and my car was never poorly treated...hope it all works out for u though

Toms-SC
10-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Interesting...

barbarian
10-27-2006, 10:10 AM
They don't need the car to run in order to get it on the truck, they can use a winch.

Weapon_R
10-27-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by barbarian
They don't need the car to run in order to get it on the truck, they can use a winch.

They ALWAYS ask you if the car is in running condition. They need to move it from truck to truck or truck to yard and such. Its common for a driver to drive your car, but its not a big deal.

mekeni
10-27-2006, 11:19 AM
that sucks.. hopefully it turns everything turns out good for you...

SilverBoost
10-27-2006, 11:34 AM
Personally I would never ship a car unless every single miniscule, obvious and unobvious, tiny, little, detail was accounted for. Not knowing a date they were going to ship it IMO is a major one and I would have called the shit off right there. Most of the time shit happens because you let it happen.... people just give other people way too much trust, and in the end you get fucked for it. Sorry you feel like you got ripped man, hopefully you can get it resolved.