PDA

View Full Version : Econosound....

DUBBED
05-04-2003, 01:28 PM
I know everyone hates them but i was there yesturday and they installed a sub an amp for me... did a damn good job exactly how i wanted it done and did it quick... no complaints bad wiring etc etc etc... why does noone like them?

edit: ive gotten better service there than anywhere else in the city...

Ekliptix
05-04-2003, 01:43 PM
They have good service, but the owner rants about asains taking over Canada.

DUBBED
05-04-2003, 01:49 PM
hahah i could see that... havnt heard it yet but oh well...

they're kinda zoney individuals if you ask me but do good work...

12V
05-04-2003, 08:47 PM
I used to buy a lot of starters from them, they're pretty cool when you get to know them.

-Jeff

Weapon_R
05-04-2003, 08:49 PM
They are a decent shop, not many complaints from there, except the owner being a bit pushy towards one brand of speaker preference and such

spyderman
05-04-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
They are a decent shop, not many complaints from there, except the owner being a bit pushy towards one brand of speaker preference and such

Is it still the same old guy running the shop?

If it is, I can relate to your comment. I went in there once, a few years ago, asked if they had any JL subs, and the dude went on about how shitty they were and how some no-name brand would sound a lot better than them.... :dunno:

Weapon_R
05-04-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by spyderman

If it is, I can relate to your comment. I went in there once, a few years ago, asked if they had any JL subs, and the dude went on about how shitty they were and how some no-name brand would sound a lot better than them.... :dunno:

:rofl:

Same guy...

audio1der
05-05-2003, 12:23 PM
It's the best place in town to pick up wire, and accessories.
Just get in and out before you hear their life stories...

eacyde
05-05-2003, 12:59 PM
Did you give them your address?

They used to do installs and then a week later go to your house and Extall it when you were sleeping.
Very crooked business

ChronicDex
05-05-2003, 04:50 PM
Where are these guys located?

cipher
05-05-2003, 07:47 PM
my dads good friends with the owners. ed jackson and ed jr. nice guys i think. tryin to sell the business tho. ed sr. wants to retire. but hey, i totally recommend that place!

12V
05-05-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by eacyde

They used to do installs and then a week later go to your house and Extall it when you were sleeping.
Very crooked business

Bullshit!

Fluidic
05-05-2003, 11:00 PM
Yah that sounds a bit bogus --- lol -- I dunno -- welcome to Calgary I guess. Mini-Los Angeles. hahahahahaha

Peter

DUBBED
05-05-2003, 11:01 PM
we gotta stop baggin on peeps in the industry...

its not fair to stereotype peeps like that... i used to be quite good friends with install guys and they are hard working honest peeps just like the rest of us tryin to make a buck...

bighead411
05-06-2003, 01:25 AM
where is the shop located??

StraightFlush
05-06-2003, 07:21 AM
I have done alot of buisness with Ed aswell. I agree they sometimes act a little, "I just woke up" attitude...but heck...I was getting great deals. :)

They are located half a block north of Tunerworks behind McLeod Trail South. Forget the exact address...

eacyde
05-06-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by 12V

Bullshit!

Believe what you want, but it is a fact.

Back in the day when they were in the old Crossroads Market trying to tell you that CRUNCH is better than CRANKENSTIEN.

Ed Jr is crooked as a tire iron

dogstar
05-10-2003, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by eacyde

Very crooked business

you know, i wish i had a penny for every time i heard BS like this said about a shop, fuck, id be able to buy bill gates.

do you have any proof of this?
or was it some guy who knows a guy who once met a guy who had a system stolen a week after he got it installed?

usually someone gets "shitty" service, which is usually their fault cause they go into a situation with a bug up their ass, then they concoct some big gay story about getting ripped off so they can seem like the good guy.

but thats just my opinion cause ive never dealt with econosound in particular.

ACS-e36
05-10-2003, 04:31 PM
those guys installed my deck! did a pretty good job... i think allot of their merchanise is jacked tho...

GT2NV
05-10-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by spyderman

everytime you post i sing that damn song in my head hahha
" im not gay no no way, but i dance around in my own gay way"
hahaha sorry i just had to post that lol:thumbsup:

guysmiley
05-12-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by dogstar

you know, i wish i had a penny for every time i heard BS like this said about a shop, fuck, id be able to buy bill gates.

do you have any proof of this?
or was it some guy who knows a guy who once met a guy who had a system stolen a week after he got it installed?

usually someone gets "shitty" service, which is usually their fault cause they go into a situation with a bug up their ass, then they concoct some big gay story about getting ripped off so they can seem like the good guy.

but thats just my opinion cause ive never dealt with econosound in particular.

my system was jacked 1 month after having my car in for service at canadian tire.

taught me not to give my real address to anyone anymore

StraightFlush
05-12-2003, 07:03 PM
Are you really trying to imply that Canadian Tire stole your stereo?!?! If so, thats one of the most retarded statement I have ever read on here.

We live in a big city....with a growing crime rate. Hundreds of cars are broken into each week in the city...the chances of it happening to you are growing, especially if you drive around with your stereo blasting in residential areas.

guysmiley
05-12-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by IRL
Are you really trying to imply that Canadian Tire stole your stereo?!?! If so, thats one of the most retarded statement I have ever read on here.

We live in a big city....with a growing crime rate. Hundreds of cars are broken into each week in the city...the chances of it happening to you are growing, especially if you drive around with your stereo blasting in residential areas.

actually my stereo was in a piece of shit rusted out truck. I never played it loud any where near to a residental area especially my area.

No one knew it was in there except for me, and I know that it was some punk ass kid at canadian tire wrote down my address and just waited to jack it.

The worst part is that I had a sleeping bag on my seat for some added cushion. They then used that to carry my stuff away, then 2 days later they brought it back. they were such polite theifs. it makes me sick what people will do.

dogstar
05-15-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by guysmiley

my system was jacked 1 month after having my car in for service at canadian tire.

taught me not to give my real address to anyone anymore

how many times a month do you get your car serviced at crappy tire??

last time i went there i went back three times... maybe that tells you something about the quality of service and employees?????????

guysmiley
05-15-2003, 07:16 PM
never again will I go there

12V
05-15-2003, 09:13 PM
What is this the fuckin blame game?! So if you come to AutoDream and your car gets broken into anytime in the the future, is it my fault? Give me a break!

-Jeff

LUDELVR
05-17-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by 12V
What is this the fuckin blame game?! So if you come to AutoDream and your car gets broken into anytime in the the future, is it my fault? Give me a break!

-Jeff

dude, I'll blame you for everything!! Even if I fuck up!;) ;) You're the scapegoat man!!:thumbsup: :rofl: :rofl:

snorkmouth
03-06-2006, 09:21 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

TurboMedic
03-07-2006, 08:37 AM
Ahh, Sr. and Jr.....I've had some adventures there, and in that shop......I was friends with one of Jrs old friends about 8 years back.......I won't go into detail on a public forum (in case he cleaned up) but yeah......I did have one of my favorite alarms installed there, a Carbine somethingorother......

HTN SWCHS
03-07-2006, 08:45 AM
yah, nice guy, shitty that you can get a 1998 mfg'd kenwood amp for 250 just so it attracts you to the other brands, hes working outta his home now

Graham_A_M
03-07-2006, 11:05 PM
great way to bring up a 3 year old thread! They're not even around anymore.