PDA

View Full Version : Great plow-job!

creeper
10-29-2006, 03:53 PM
Hey City, thanks a fucking lot for forgetting to plow the streets, yet again - so overnight they will freeze and turn this town into a skating rink. I called 311, and they said plows had been out on all major roadways all day long. I've been on Anderson, 14th Street, Macleod, and a number of streets downtown, none of which had been plowed, this morning, or by now. So, way to go city, get off your fucking asses and clean these damn streets off. Use some of that tax cash, and kick it into overdrive. Fuck.

:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

benyl
10-29-2006, 03:59 PM
Just put a plow on the the front of your lotus and help out the community.

jdm_jspec
10-29-2006, 04:04 PM
^^ lol haha
oh thats mean:thumbsdow

Lanks
10-29-2006, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by creeper
Hey City, thanks a fucking lot for forgetting to plow the streets, yet again - so overnight they will freeze and turn this town into a skating rink. I called 311, and they said plows had been out on all major roadways all day long. I've been on Anderson, 14th Street, Macleod, and a number of streets downtown, none of which had been plowed, this morning, or by now. So, way to go city, get off your fucking asses and clean these damn streets off. Use some of that tax cash, and kick it into overdrive. Fuck.

:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

:werd: 22X not plowed either

robpark
10-29-2006, 04:06 PM
I know...this is the price we pay for sprawl...

AllGoNoShow
10-29-2006, 04:15 PM
Driving home last night at 4am was enough for me, haven't even looked outside to see how much snow there is today

creeper
10-29-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by benyl
Just put a plow on the the front of your lotus and help out the community.

If I had a million people paying me a few dollars each year, I'd be happy to. The city owns the roads, and they are responsible for their timely upkeep.

I pay tax for the city to plow the streets, and I want them to do it the day it snows, not 3 days later when the ice is frozen solid on the road. As soon as it starts snowing, wheel those plows out onto the streets. How can this possibly happen every year?

silver_gs-R
10-29-2006, 04:22 PM
^^^good fucking point man, when we dont clean our fuckin' driveways we get a fuckin' warning from the city, but they sit on their asses watch 300 accident occur, and than they're like.......... hey well maybe we should plow the streets.^^^

Darkane
10-29-2006, 05:19 PM
Im sure you guys have by now heard of the labor shortage in Alberta? If not Plow your own fucking streets. Fucking cry babys.

Dren
10-29-2006, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by robpark
I know...this is the price we pay for sprawl...

Trueee. Taxes Go up.......Services go down..

Calgary is growing too fast and the snow removal. or sanding is poor

Tik-Tok
10-29-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Dren

Trueee. Taxes Go up.......Services go down..

Calgary is growing too fast and the snow removal. or sanding is poor

Bah, I know the easy solution.... MORE TRAFFIC LIGHTS!

85regal
10-29-2006, 05:40 PM
plowing i agree with, just keep the friggin salt and gravel off the roads...not needed...too bad out to drive..buy some snow tires or DON"T DRIVE!!!

BlackArcher101
10-29-2006, 06:25 PM
They aren't even plowing in Edmonton. All they are doing is throwing gravel and salt down. Not enough snow to warrant the removal of snow since the salt/gravel mix does it's shop and melts it anyways.

DayGlow
10-29-2006, 06:26 PM
because when snow falls, it only lands in 1 spot only and never again, much like lighting.

1000's of km of roads in this city and really plow a road, an hour later the snow has covered it up again. It's the reality of living in our climate. Roads will not magically clear themselves and unless you are willing to pay way more in taxes to have a fleet of 100's of plows ready to go 24/7, it will not happen.

Tik-Tok
10-29-2006, 06:30 PM
Honestly, if it meant premium services, consistantly plowed roads (and not just major ones, communities too), more police, more hospitals, curbside recycling programs, etc. I'd be willing to pay 50% more house taxes. But then, I could afford it, most people can't.

SOAB
10-29-2006, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
Im sure you guys have by now heard of the labor shortage in Alberta? If not Plow your own fucking streets. Fucking cry babys.

its not like the city pays chump change...if they wanted to have workers, they would.

BTW, there was a fellow that plowed his neighborhood street a few years ago. you know what the city did? they fined him...

now whats your solution?

Dren
10-29-2006, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by SOAB

its not like the city pays chump change...if they wanted to have workers, they would.

BTW, there was a fellow that plowed his neighborhood street a few years ago. you know what the city did? they fined him...

now whats your solution?

Really? they fined him for clearing his street ????

01RedDX
10-29-2006, 08:45 PM

ICEBERG
10-29-2006, 09:24 PM
Raising Taxes is what this city is good for. Thats all they seem to do. Property taxes to go up another 4%, i say it will be close to 10%.

And yeah, there was a guy who plowed his neigborhood while back, he got fined for that. What a joke.

kevie88
10-29-2006, 09:30 PM
I saw plows out all day today.. :dunno:

Hash_man
10-29-2006, 09:36 PM
plowing i agree with, just keep the friggin salt and gravel off the roads...not needed...too bad out to drive..buy some snow tires or DON"T DRIVE!!!

I dunno about that, sometimes plows aren't really needed, and almost make things worse. Snow is easier to get traction on than the ice below it on some roads... therefore gravel and salt will help with the whole traction thing, and getting rid of the ice.

I found the roads alright today, not great though. Heritage drive was pretty bad, and anderson wasn't great either.... Macleod and 14st seemed fine to me though... I do however need winter tires.

cleancivic
10-29-2006, 09:38 PM
i drove back from edmonton today at around 3 ish and the highway was just CRAP!crap i say!:banghead:

Moe Man
10-29-2006, 09:38 PM
hey put it this way, at least your tires will last longer :rofl:

Dren
10-29-2006, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by cleancivic
i drove back from edmonton today at around 3 ish and the highway was just CRAP!crap i say!:banghead:

:thumbsdow

How long it take you ?

cleancivic
10-29-2006, 09:43 PM
o man over 4 hours....one point traffic was doing fricken 50 k:drama:

and i almost ditched my car couple times

Dren
10-29-2006, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by cleancivic
o man over 4 hours....one point traffic was doing fricken 50 k:drama:

and i almost ditched my car couple times

Ouchh. thats a long drive..at those speeds. i remember a time it took 5 hours to get back to calgary from Banff in my friends accord. got pushed out twice on the way back. lol

cleancivic
10-29-2006, 09:50 PM
haha gota love a hatch with nothing in the "trunk"
tends to make a swaying drive home..

Sorath
10-29-2006, 09:52 PM
i couldnt even drive today, friggin so bad

deerfoot was supposed to be good, but it was still gay

Xtrema
10-29-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Dren

Really? they fined him for clearing his street ????

You're doing a union job. You must pay union dues :rofl:

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's city's way to make sure nobody do it and fuck up the street which they'll have to spend more to fix later.

Yes it's slippery but it no worse than any other years. I don't know why people are complaining. It's Calgary. Just do your best, slow down, take your time and slap some winters on.

It think the city should add another variable to the tax system. They should tax base on how far you're from the core of downtown. So there's $$$ for people who are bitching about roads, but decided to live in Kincora/Tsucany/Rocky Ridge/Mackenzie Town/Cranston etc areas.

BTW, I'm totally disappoint expecting a great blow-job story becasue of the title!

khtm
10-29-2006, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101
They aren't even plowing in Edmonton. All they are doing is throwing gravel and salt down. Not enough snow to warrant the removal of snow since the salt/gravel mix does it's shop and melts it anyways.
Nobody cares about Edmonton. :whocares:

msommers
10-30-2006, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
Same old story, every year. Everyone's getting richer except the city, which is always broke (according to Bronco.)

Ralph just take tons of money that was going to be used for roads, schools, transit and health system in our city for something else "more important" But that's not to say our city knows how to manage money effectively either by any stretch of the imagination.

azndragon1234
10-30-2006, 12:41 AM
lol, :werd: :werd: :werd:

I just love watching noobies go up a steep hill and end up stuck. And then the funnier part is that the cars behind stop, and then they end up stuck too lol then its just a pill up. Especially when this is happening rite in front of my house LOL and watching cars SLIDE back and almost hitting hte car behind haha.

and the main thing is.... SCREW CALGARY GOVERNMENT THAT USE OUR MONEY FOR STUFF THEY WANT AND NOT WAT WE NEED :guns: :whipped:

Canmorite
10-30-2006, 10:54 AM
You can't expect the moment the snow starts flying for crews to be out there on every street.

euro_racer
10-30-2006, 11:08 AM
driving to school this morning on my bold summer tires, it seemed that the NW roads are more taken care off than the SW as the main roads are dry and the sub-roads actually have gravel on them in the NW :eek: ...the south dosnt ...prettyscarry to drive, im going to look for winter tires or just new tires today after school :thumbsdow

cloud7
10-30-2006, 12:32 PM
it is apparent that the citizens of Calgary are taking on the whine and bitch approach so infamously used by our dear mayor... :dunno:

The roads were not bad... if you were sliding and hitting things, you are either:
-going too fast
-bad driver
-driving with bad equipment (worn all-season tires, or summer tires)

In which case, you should either:
-slow down
-stay home
-get better tires (winter tires)

I drove on the Deerfoot on Sunday morning and was actually able to drive at decent speeds (80 - 100 km/h depending on the section)... but then again, Deerfoot is maintained by the province. The side streets were ok if you are more cautious... don't go 50 km/h if you don't know how to drive in the snow or if you have bad tires.

I hope no one from here were involved in any collisions. Drive carefully!

nos_efx
10-30-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by cloud7
it is apparent that the citizens of Calgary are taking on the whine and bitch approach so infamously used by our dear mayor... :dunno:

The roads were not bad... if you were sliding and hitting things, you are either:
-going too fast
-bad driver

-slow down
-stay home

I drove on the Deerfoot on Sunday morning and was actually able to drive at decent speeds (80 - 100 km/h depending on the section)... but then again, Deerfoot is maintained by the province. The side streets were ok if you are more cautious... don't go 50 km/h if you don't know how to drive in the snow or if you have bad tires.

:werd:

Eleanor
10-30-2006, 07:18 PM
I was managing decent in my parents RWD MPV with bald summer tires up here in the NW, just have to start out really slow.

Sorath
10-30-2006, 07:28 PM
radio in the morning said on sunday there was a total of 140 collisions

Lo)2enz0
10-30-2006, 07:40 PM
not a suprise. i have seen some psyko's on the road

but so far i am only seeing the main roads done. none of the communities were even touched. tuscany is just a big skating rink that my abs was going nuts on, and marda loop was horriable on the way to work. all i can say is i am looking forward to the drive home after work.

BlackArcher101
10-30-2006, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by khtm

Nobody cares about Edmonton. :whocares:

I certainly don't, this place is a dump. Just thought I'd give an example and say plows aren't needed all the time, even though some may think they are. :whocares:

natejj
10-30-2006, 08:12 PM
I got home around 5 pm, roads were great. Deerfoot, Memorial, Crowchild..... stop whining.

hampstor
10-30-2006, 11:03 PM
The mayor reminds me of some people at work. Lots of bitching, complaining, and finger pointing but no solution to the problem. What kind of a mayor is that? Lets identify the problem and then blame someone!! That'll fix the problem!!

No money? it's the provincial governments fault!

What do most people do when they don't have enough money? Try and make more. What should most people do? Look at expenses and see where the fat can be trimmed FIRST then try and make more money if you don't have enough.

Next time, lets vote for someone who can solve problems not point fingers and come up with band-aid solutions.

Supa Dexta
10-31-2006, 08:23 AM
I'd give myself a raise if I didn't have enough money... right? that way I'd have more money .. duhhh

ogpog
10-31-2006, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Honestly, if it meant premium services, consistantly plowed roads (and not just major ones, communities too), more police, more hospitals, curbside recycling programs, etc. I'd be willing to pay 50% more house taxes. But then, I could afford it, most people can't.
Wow, we are SO impressed!

Noone gives a shit about your financial situation, good or bad, and you will notice that even though a lot of us as well are in a very good financial status, that we rarely if ever talk about it. Thats the difference between a Pimp, and a moron with too much cash and attitude.

creeper
11-01-2006, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by cloud7

-going too fast
-bad driver

-slow down
-stay home

My post was about how the city has not plowed the streets. The post is about the responsibility of the city not being fulfilled. It is their job to clean the streets in a timely manner. I fulfill my responsibility of cleaning the driveways and sidewalks. They should do theirs. It is amazing how everyone jumps to the defence of the city. They have not completed their obligation, and should not be defended. They are slow, and this happens every year. It's not me that I'm worried about, I was not sliding everywhere, or getting into accidents. The 500 cars ahead of me were, and slowing me down in the process.

I don't like waiting ten minutes behind someone to leave my residential area, because they are slipping all over and not getting any grip. The flow of traffic gets reduced dramatically when it snows, and therefore: the streets must be plowed as quickly as possible.

The city does not warrant any defense with this situation. The roads were a mess, and many still are.

End of story.

01RedDX
11-01-2006, 06:18 PM

creeper
11-01-2006, 07:18 PM
:)