PDA

View Full Version : Any Rock Climbers Here? (indoor outdoor)

Kona9
10-29-2006, 07:50 PM
Hey Beyonders. Just seeing how many climbers there are on Beyond.

I myself am a newbie, but have been to Stronghold a few times with my girlfriend (excellent climber) and decided to purchase some of my own equipment.

The odd thing is I am affraid of heights. Climbing has so far helped in getting me over it. (somewhat :rofl:)

Perhaps a Beyond meet at Stronghold for any experienced or Belay tested members some time.

codo
10-29-2006, 07:56 PM
Well I wouldnt exactly call myself a climber but I did just strart on friday just doing indoor\

Its pretty fun anyways Im having a blast. But it looks like we are doing it every friday now so maybe I'll do outdoor soon.

chris
10-29-2006, 07:57 PM
go to crux (one of the tallest gyms in n.a.)

Kona9
10-29-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by codo
Well I wouldnt exactly call myself a climber but I did just strart on friday just doing indoor\

Its pretty fun anyways Im having a blast. But it looks like we are doing it every friday now so maybe I'll do outdoor soon.
Ever go to Stronghold? Sounds Im in the same boat as you.
Im heading out tomorrow night 7ish.

Kona9
10-29-2006, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by chris
go to crux (one of the tallest gyms in n.a.)

I have not been there, but Im sure to go soon!

codo
10-29-2006, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Kona9

Ever go to Stronghold? Sounds Im in the same boat as you.
Im heading out tomorrow night 7ish.

I'm living in Victoria, so I'm gonna say probably not, but maybe I have been when Ive been in Calgary, but when I head back home maybe I'll check it out there a couple times. You belay people yet?

Kona9
10-29-2006, 08:22 PM
every time I go I belay. First thing I did was take the Belay course

carter_prelude
10-29-2006, 08:29 PM
our school had a wall in it. wouldn't call myself a climber, but i loved it and I got the schools fasts time up the wall :thumbsup: I'd love to get back at it again though. Sucks that I live so damn far away from Calgary...:(

Evro
10-29-2006, 08:36 PM
i used to climb stronghold and calgary climbing center and what not and a few trips out to the mountains (patties flats and what not) - far from an experienced climber but i'd be down for a beyond climb fest

Kona9
10-29-2006, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Evro
i used to climb stronghold and calgary climbing center and what not and a few trips out to the mountains (patties flats and what not) - far from an experienced climber but i'd be down for a beyond climb fest

Nice!! Hopefully we can get more feed back.

RickDaTuner
10-29-2006, 08:59 PM
I used to be a climbing instructor for the Rocky Mountain YMCA, you can actually catch a clip of me on the job on channel 10 lol, and would love to get more people interested so to anyone that would love to get involved with the sport, I would love be of assistance to you and get you started on the right foot..:thumbsup:

but yeah i would be down for a Beyond climbing meet either at the stronghold, and maybe have a day out here in the mountains out at heart creek, or the base of Ha Ling. come spring time of course

Kona9
10-29-2006, 09:06 PM
Ha Ling is the first Mountain I ever climbed to the peak (hiking Style) Awesome day hike!!

I would love to be shown some Canmore climbs.

Climb meet at Stronghold one day for sure

racin_jayson
10-29-2006, 10:11 PM
Great climbing here in the rocks ! +1 for beyond climbing meet

pic of me on 3rd pitch of grand sentinel in Lake louise

tapout
10-29-2006, 10:35 PM
you guys are crazy :eek:

JAYMEZ
10-29-2006, 11:41 PM
Ive been rock climbing since I was 10 , then I used to teach little kids to durein the summer at MRCkids camps.. Im hopein to get some rock climbing done in NZ while im way the hell down here.

I have pictures but they are on my comp in cowtown booo! Where does everyone practice?

REFLUX
11-05-2006, 10:46 AM
Not from Calgary but I completed the ASPIRE program from Vertically Inclined in Edmonton.

Looking forward to more indoor climbing & venturing into rock climbing in the summer :)