PDA

View Full Version : How much is a DSM clutch job?

bituerbo
10-30-2006, 10:43 AM
Just looking for a ball park...

Looking at buying a 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD as a winter beater.
Interior is shit and it needs a clutch.
I heard it was an all day job to pull the tranny on those things.

Thanks,

Brendan_4g63
10-30-2006, 12:42 PM
calgarydsm.com

Ask Angelo

avow
10-30-2006, 12:54 PM
i can give you a rough idea, my 1995 cost me $1300. stupid engine :whipped:

dsmturbo
10-30-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Brendan_4g63
calgarydsm.com

Ask Angelo

Yep, great guy, Vegitta I think for username. Just post a Wanted post there.

BigMass
10-30-2006, 04:40 PM
gonna be about $800 or so. Just dont do it at the dealership. You have to drop the tranny so it takes a long time even for a professional shop.

My advise is that if you get your clutch done, make sure to spend the extra few $$ and get all the seals changed around that area while the tranny is already out of the car. Its cheap and can save you thousands down the road. Also make sure the shop machines your flywheel and doesnt just slap a new clutch on.

Since its such a pain make sure to take advantage of the fact that your tranny is out of the car and do all the work that needs to be done around that area at the same time to save you money down the road.

PS. if you own a DSM NEVER, EVER, EVER take it to the dealership to get it serviced.

the mechanics will stare at your car like it was a Bugatti and charge you $$ for parts like it was a Bugatti. Aftermarket is your friend on these cars.

talonboi
10-30-2006, 11:24 PM
it could be about 500$ with angelo, not too sure but i know he'll do it for a good price

bituerbo
10-30-2006, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the info guys! Really appreciate the help and will be signing up on calgarydsm for SURE.

Oh and I bought the car so it's not for sale anymore :P

tsi_neal
10-31-2006, 01:26 AM
Last time i did a clutch on one we had it dont in 4 hours total time... all parts were ready to go and there was 2 of us who both know DSM's inside and out. Id say on my own 6 hours tops... If you can have it dont for ~500 id say thats a deal