PDA

View Full Version : media center includes?

Supa Dexta
10-30-2006, 05:37 PM
Just bought this new computer, and it says

"It also freatures the freedom of a remote control which allows you to access your entertainment from any where in the room this computer is fully equipped for all your entertainment and computing needs"

So I call up futureshop, and they ask how much I paid? didn't care about the model number, and then says,..

Ahh nah, you needa buy a tv tuner, its optional..

"well your site says otherwise "

"ok man.. bye.. "

is media center, on any computer supposed to include this, or is this optional.. I should go bitch in person, just cause their site says it... well it says "freatures" rather then features, maybe thats their out..

:rolleyes:

lint
10-30-2006, 05:57 PM
There's a windows media center edition operating system, but you need hardware to make it all work.

Don't buy computers from FS, especially if there's a chance they know more than you do.

djayz
10-30-2006, 06:06 PM
:werd: return it while you can and go make your own from memoryexpress.

tell us what you want and im sure someone can build a nice system for you.

Supa Dexta
10-30-2006, 06:12 PM
nah, I tried the memexpress route, and couldn't get a build I wanted for the price I had in mind.. I'm not dissapointed with the computer, I just needed a general machine, nothing fancy.. I just thought it was odd it said "features a remote", yet there wasn't one in the box... Laptop died last week and just needed sumtin to take over for now..... I dont even really care about the remote, I just thought maybe they forgot to throw it in..

hampstor
10-30-2006, 10:51 PM
A lot of companies will be switching their Windows XP Home system builds to Windows XP MCE system builds more towards the end of this year for 2 reasons. The cost delta between the 2 is significantly less, and the Vista Express Upgrade from Windows XP MCE to Windows Vista Home Premium will be significantlyless then XP Home to Vista Home Basic (for qualifying systems).