PDA

View Full Version : Importing Cars

Kyle_vfd
10-30-2006, 06:35 PM
Hey guys I'v been looking around at different JDM sites an so on and I found a few cars that I like. Namely GTO's, Skyline GT-R, Toyota Sera. Neways I was hoping you guys could tell me waht kinda problems I'm looking at to pass an OOP. I know it depends on the car specifically but I'm just talking in general and is there any specific problems for the long run I should be watching for?

Thanks!

andres_mt
10-30-2006, 06:39 PM
^ It really depends on the car you end up getting... daytime running lights are almost always an issue.

zieg
10-30-2006, 06:45 PM
Lights, lights, lights. Many jdm lights arent legal here. This isnt a problem if there is a usdm version of the car though, because then u can just swap headlights/tail lights over. Corner markers are another issue.

RPM
10-30-2006, 06:53 PM
you can buy my car if you want its aleady passed an OOP and after alot of fucking around too
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=1734380#post1734380

:dunno:

Kyle_vfd
10-30-2006, 09:48 PM
^^Sorry I was looking at AWD or FWD just cuz its winter and I have to drive form Lethbridge to Brooks every weekend and theres major ice issues. Hwever it is tempting, beautiful 180!
So the lights, how much changing are we looking at? just a simple replacement like a $100-200?

Thanx..again!

Annoyingrob
10-31-2006, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by ZiG-87
Many jdm lights arent legal here.
That's only an issue if they notice :)

I still run RHD headlight housings on my car. Passed inspection with them. And yes, I have been meaning to get them changed.