PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help

codo
10-30-2006, 06:55 PM
Alright so about three weeks ago I decided it was time to start running again and decided going to the gym would help.

Anyways I'm running Monday, Wednesday, Friday for five km also on Friday I've started doing indoor wall climbing for two hours which I just started this last Friday.

Then decided the gym maybe start off slow with two days a week, So I go Tuesday, Thursday.
I know this is a terrible routine but, you should know my goals before you can help me. So my goals are: strengthen my back[chiropractor says it's weak so I've been doing light weight training on it], want to strengthen my legs for running and maybe do some stomache muscle excercises.

So this is what I've been doing at the gym for the past three weeks and it needs revising, but I'd like to keep backs in the rotation and not much chest cause I have a much stronger chest than back.

25 minutes on bike

I'm doing 1 minute breaks between sets.

back
3X10 bent over rows
3X10 lat pull downs

Legs
3x10 leg press
3x10 lever leg extensions

biceps
3x10 barbell curls

That will take me just over an hour, and obviously I need to add more to this, but I just wanted to start out slow.

bulaian
10-31-2006, 11:39 AM
are you doing this same routine every time?

It would probably be better to do a complete back workout on tuesday and then a complete leg workout on thursday, or the other day around.

codo
10-31-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by bulaian
are you doing this same routine every time?

It would probably be better to do a complete back workout on tuesday and then a complete leg workout on thursday, or the other day around.

Yeh I'm doing this both days. But I didnt think it would be a big deal cause they're completely different muscle groups and I'd probably get more of a sweat going if I did it this way, let me know if I'm wrong for sure.