PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of my car

grandam
10-30-2006, 08:20 PM
I just want some sugestions as to what you think of my car and as to what you think that I can do to my car.

I will attach a picture of my car

Thank you:

white_insomnia
10-30-2006, 08:35 PM
you are pretty limited to
the mods available
i'd reconsider doing anything to it

Hoey
10-30-2006, 08:40 PM
It looks like a grand am with wheels.
yeah performance parts are N/A
maybe lower it?:dunno:

azndragon1234
10-30-2006, 08:53 PM
y waste money on that?

Lo)2enz0
10-30-2006, 08:58 PM
lol i used to see you parked by sears at school

DGill
10-30-2006, 08:58 PM
To tell you the truth if you do wanna waste money on it lower it or just sell it and buy something else

grandam
10-30-2006, 09:39 PM
My car is lowered and has tons of mods just wanted to see what people think of the car

LuxCars
10-30-2006, 09:43 PM
to be completely honest.....

:barf:

but since your a beyond member....

it doesnt look that bad.....

and as for what you should do with your car....

drive it off a cliiff.

but since your a beyond member...

sell it to someone who will be amazed by it and buy something else..

n1zm0
10-30-2006, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by grandam
My car is lowered and has tons of mods

Care to elaborate? other than what i can see (the hose kit/rims and stickers)

anyways you can put those 2.4L S/C in i think
http://www.fazeshift.org/pics/thumbnails.php?album=90&page=2

a guy at work was thinking of doing this, but imo not worth it :dunno:

Mr. Burns
10-30-2006, 09:46 PM
ouch

grandam
10-30-2006, 09:56 PM
Modification list

Momo rs gt seats
Momo 3pt harness
Momo shift knob
Momo floor mats
Momo door sills

Apexi n1 muffler with 2.25" cat back exhaust
Rsm racing air intake
Ractive strut bar
Eibach pro kit lowering springs
Brembo slotted rotors
Hawk pads
Wings West spoiler

CasperWho
10-30-2006, 09:59 PM
sorry dude, i think you should rally/offroad/demolition .
and start fresh on mod's..

natejj
10-30-2006, 10:02 PM
Modification list

Momo rs gt seats
Momo 3pt harness
Momo shift knob
Momo floor mats
Momo door sills

Rsm racing air intake
Ractive strut bar
Brembo slotted rotors
Hawk pads
Wings West spoiler

LOL Thats what.... 5 hp gain? What a waste of money..... sorry dude, thats the truth.

wjjeeper
10-30-2006, 10:02 PM
burn it

sk65guy
10-30-2006, 10:03 PM
Get a better car and mod that.. waste of money i think...:dunno:

bluetek
10-30-2006, 10:08 PM
I personally am not to fond of it, but if you wanna be cool then you definitly gotta go with some ALTEZZA'S!!!!!

Have you seen the red one with a kit, and altezza's driving around South Calgary...:barf: :cry:

izzoblitzo
10-30-2006, 10:16 PM
paint the grille to match (white), Can you rims? I think it'd look better with bigger rims.. looks like the wheel wells are big, so a bigger wheel/spoke combo would be good. Paint the mirrors to match the car, add some tint, paint front orange markers to a darker orange... if there's a body kit, is there a front bumper that balances out the rest of the car? Pontiacs are rather "pointy" at the front... so something a little less pointy should do the trick.

grandam
10-30-2006, 10:18 PM
I just wanted some posative feed back yeah I have seen his around Calgary and a few others I just wanted mine to be the cleanest I know that there isint maybe as much parts as there is for my car compared to a Honda but this is my first tunner car and I just wanted some feedback.

izzoblitzo
10-30-2006, 10:23 PM
I think it's fine. It's your first car, you like it, who cares what other people think. People dont have to like it, for you to like it.

white_insomnia
10-30-2006, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by LuxCars

and as for what you should do with your car....

drive it off a cliiff.

agreement!

DonJuan
10-30-2006, 10:34 PM
^ You're not gonna get much if any positive feedback for your car on here. I't's defiately the cleanest Grand Am I've seen (cuz I don't look at grand ams), but I'm sure you could find a cleaner one at a car wash. You basically bought all the bolt on and inerior pieces that is available in the market for your car, which is good. But it isn't a tuner car, sell it to some kid for what you can, change your beyond account name, and buy a cavalier or sumthin.

turbo'dGSR
10-30-2006, 10:38 PM
Whats up dude, met you at the SCC show. I think you should lower it more...like slam it, and if you can get a front lip or something. Nothing makes a car look better than being dumped:) As for performance youve done the most common bolt-ons minus a header. Are you looking to spend lots of $$ and make big power gains?

Originally posted by izzoblitzo
I think it's fine. It's your first car, you like it, who cares what other people think. People dont have to like it, for you to like it.

:werd:

grandam
10-30-2006, 10:45 PM
not much you I just ordered my Intrax lowering springs they will lower my car 1.0" more than my Eibach ones that I have on my car now I am just going to do a body kit it's hatd when there isint that much support from the aftermarket world.

I also put up a post on body kits for my car I want help on wich one to buy.

Genjuro
10-30-2006, 10:54 PM
First of all: www.dictionary.com

Second: The car is fine. I don't like domestic vehicles but thats a pretty clean one. GJ :)

Xtek
10-30-2006, 11:09 PM
rather be rollin in those shoes ya got there izzoblitzo
Those a pimp!!:thumbsup:

riander
10-30-2006, 11:14 PM
:guns:

4doorj
10-31-2006, 07:33 PM
yeah lower it more... are u on prokits or sportlines?
i know when i had intrax on my cavalier it was extremly bouncy
stick with eibach if u can!

grandam
10-31-2006, 07:37 PM
I am on pro kits they dont make sportlines for my model so I used them but I have ordered Intrax was your Intrax springs low on your car it bounced alot tough

JordanEG6
10-31-2006, 07:41 PM
who cares what other people think. to each their own. i personally don't like it tho. it IS different from the regular mainstream of modded cars, but a 95 grand am not only doesn't look good in general, but your very limited to mods. but if anything, you should slam it more.

TNation
10-31-2006, 07:47 PM
get rid of it. Waste of money.
are you part of the Western Canada Grand Am club? hahaha

inline6turbo
10-31-2006, 07:53 PM
lol i had a 91 grand am as my first car.... Go Grand Am!

I riced it as well
Blue APC seat cover/steering wheel cover
Blue neon glow pulsing light inside, blue window wipers, and big blue fuzzy dice....

Do that!

:rofl:

turbotrip
10-31-2006, 08:00 PM
drop it, kit it, tint it, pimp it :bigpimp:

azndragon1234
10-31-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by inline6turbo
lol i had a 91 grand am as my first car.... Go Grand Am!

I riced it as well
Blue APC seat cover/steering wheel cover
Blue neon glow pulsing light inside, blue window wipers, and big blue fuzzy dice....

Do that!

:rofl:

i dont think il even waste money buying those stuff on the car...sorry but no

4doorj
10-31-2006, 11:11 PM
I am on pro kits they dont make sportlines for my model so I used them but I have ordered Intrax was your Intrax springs low on your car it bounced alot tough

i think it was just crappy springs to be honest...

tapout
10-31-2006, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by izzoblitzo
I think it's fine. It's your first car, you like it, who cares what other people think. People dont have to like it, for you to like it. :werd:

marko polo
11-01-2006, 12:02 AM
get a nice sound system with like 2 12's or something so u cant hear people laugh at you on the road :rofl: just jokes gl with the car

infected
11-01-2006, 12:06 AM
The car looks weird because of the large rims and the huge fender gap. Eibach Pro Kits aren't really ment for a slamming drop. I think it'd look better with either a cup kit or coil overs. Tuck that baby.
Other than that she's a beauty! :thumbsup:

grandam
11-01-2006, 12:09 AM
I just wanted some feedback as to what people think, I just want to do a body kit on my car and than I want to get my self a 1992-1995 Honda Civic Hatch back

blinkme_210
11-01-2006, 12:18 AM
I just wanted some feedback as to what people think, I just want to do a body kit on my car and than I want to get my self a 1992-1995 Honda Civic Hatch back

Skip straight to the Civic.

euro_racer
11-01-2006, 12:20 AM
forget bodykits...air-bag it, IMO that is the best way to make domestic cars look good :thumbsup:

or save the money and get the civic, they are not that expencive like 5 grand...your car is worth 3 or more :thumbsup:

4doorj
11-01-2006, 12:21 AM
well if u love your car keep going
save up for a turbo kit maybe.... leave the way it looks for now and get performance
so that way if people laugh at u
u can beat them in a race....

but people will always say " its still a grand dam"

Moe Man
11-01-2006, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by azndragon1234
y waste money on that?

no a waste of money would be buying a civic and spending 10 k just to be different from all the other civic's.

at least he can spend 1 k and make his car different from every other grand am :thumbsup:

4doorj
11-01-2006, 09:27 AM
well the thing is that civic has alot more aftermarket support...
same goes with the cavalier.... if u had a cavalier instead u could go crazy on it.... yeah i know its a cavalier...hahaha
the grandam has miniscule aftermarket support....
seems like u like to tune... so hoenstly it would be smart to get the other car now

GTS Jeff
11-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Positive feedback? Well...props for 'trying' to modify a car.

My advice is that you remove stuff like floormats from your mod list. They aren't mods. Pretty much anything "Momo," excluding the steering wheels, is not a mod. Most of the other stuff you've mentioned doesn't do anything either. Like for example, what is the point of a strut tower bar and springs when your car handles so poorly to begin with and sees minimal gains?

I think that if you're set on modding a Grand Am, then dig in and be prepared to spend TONS of money and do TONS of research. You can make any car awesome (it just takes careful planning and lots of money.) With that said, it's a lot easier to start with a different car, not necessarily a Civic either.

b_t
11-01-2006, 01:06 PM
Modification list

Momo rs gt seats
Momo 3pt harness
Momo shift knob
Momo floor mats
Momo door sills

Rsm racing air intake
Ractive strut bar
Brembo slotted rotors
Hawk pads
Wings West spoiler

this is not tons of mods

You are way better off with another car.. you say its your first tunner... but it is not a tuner car. It is a beater.

adam c
11-01-2006, 01:14 PM
I just want some sugestions as to what you think of my car and as to what you think that I can do to my car.

I will attach a picture of my car

Thank you:

wow i have the same rims in a different color.. they look horrible on ur car..

look good on mine tho..

but yuck..

sorry

tentacles
11-01-2006, 01:36 PM
Can you swap an LS1 or LT1 into a Grand Am?

Fosgate R
11-01-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by blinkme_210

Skip straight to the Civic.

:werd:

At least take off the ricer decals...Especially the 'sponsor list'

treg50
11-01-2006, 03:44 PM

Good ol' Grand Am! My parents '93 V6 has over 240 000 KMs on it. Fun car back in the day. Forget these homos bashing your car, there are worse ones out there --- this is definitely a much more unique project car versus a Civic, which are so popular. It was probably one of the first, if not the first, 90's car to have standard foglights and the round, wrap-around taillights. It was a great bit of Pontiac's hayday in the 1990's. Compared to other cars at the time, it's styling was relatively radical.

If you really want to keep the Grand Am then:

Looks-wise: yeah, definitely, this baby needs a body kit/ground effects to complete the lowered look. I wouldn't do wheels with the "bolts/rivets" look. The Grand Am looks good with beefier spoked wheels, or at least don't use chrome-finished wheels. As a starting point look at pictures of the 1993 Grand Am GT Sedan, THAT was sweet looking car for it's time. Maybe you can find GT Sedans parts at a yard. And, by all means, do not tint it. Also, that particular stripey-line-decal probably wasn't the best choice.

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//pictures/VEHICLE/1993/Pontiac/18069/009008-E.jpg

Aleks
11-01-2006, 04:25 PM
Get a 240SX! :love: :love: :love:

:rolleyes:

T78Supra1
11-01-2006, 04:37 PM
I agree with most of the comments on here. You have to realize that there is not awhole lot of stuff out there for your car.
Also Momo floor mats Momo door sills are not mods.

This is what i recommend doing:

1. Get rid of the wheel gap.
2. Sell all your MOMO Stuff (Your not driving an Italian Car)
3. Paint the Grill to match the Car.
4. Tint
5. YOu have a large Engine bay (Build a sleeper) you can probably do some kind of Swap
6. Get rid of all the Stickers (It will look Cleaner)

Also Stickers don't add Horse Power.

And when you decide to show the car no need for the X-mas Lights

Hash_man
11-01-2006, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
Get a 240SX! :love: :love: :love:

:rolleyes:

Yaaaa!... Please, whenever you have a car that doesnt have much aftermarket support, jump on the bandwagon, sell it, and buy something like a 240sx or a civic. I don't have anything against these cars, they are both great cars, but originality is a great thing thet is often missing from the tuner scene.

IMO, if you really like the car, then put some effort in, and you could make a nice car. Definately lower it some more, and get some different wheels. If you plan on getting a bodykit, than make sure it is tasteful and not too extreme. And don't even think of putting the kit on until it is properly fit to the car, and painted.

GT-R rated
11-01-2006, 09:18 PM
im not gonna insult you because i riced out my first car too (88 tercel see it on the nissan members rides forum uneer 91gtr and others) but seriously , you do not have a tuner car. F&F grand am=:thumbsdow . maybe one day you'll buy some thing that you can tune and keep it as a winter beater ( i know how hard it is to get rid of something you've put so much work into as ricey as it may be) Speaking of rice, i'd recomend getting rid of the sposor decals unless your gonna add uncle ben to the list. I like a clean looking car and i feel the decals take away from yours. I saw it at scc btw, props for origionality but you got to find a different platform to work on.

finboy
11-01-2006, 09:36 PM
having modified a domestic 4 door before, i will tell you this

don't bother, by trying to be "different" you will spend ten times the money and get zero respect. just sell it and buy something else, trust me, this is the only good way out of the situation you are in

Lo)2enz0
11-01-2006, 11:24 PM
whoa someone came back from the dead to give his domestic advice

lol

he does have a good point though, but if you love it go for it

treg50
11-02-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by finboy
... just sell it and buy something else, trust me, this is the only good way out of the situation you are in

Yeah, I partially agree with this for this reason: the only way to bring this particular year of car (1991 Grand Am) up to a good level is with a LOT of money (ie. parts being hard to find, etc.), more money than it would take to do up other more "common" cars

I don't know your situation but I'm guessing that you don't have a ton of cash to throw into modding car, trust me most people are in your shoes. If that's the case, I would save my money to get a slightly newer car with more parts options and good fuel economy.

superboss
11-02-2006, 12:05 PM
be honest, the car looks alright for a grand am, but you are so very limited to doing anything to it. My best bet is consider switching to a import where parts and mods are readily available.

Many say I dont want to have what everyone else has but honestly little things that you add or subtract from whats available out there makes your car personal and different from everyone elses.

Do the switch man, ypu wont be dissapointed. I converted from a 5.0 mustang to a import and I haven't been dissapointed yet.

Still parking at sears?

Hakkola
11-02-2006, 12:10 PM
+1 for a switch... That mods list isn't very extensive dude. Cut it loose and cut your losses. :thumbsup:

TNation
11-03-2006, 04:41 PM
My thoughts?
http://www.canadianwildrice.com/images/bowl.jpg
Unbelievably disgusting. I have a friend who's ricing out a Grand Prix GT and it's still awful. Don't waste your time! Get like a 240sx or some import where aftermarket parts look sweet and are more readily available.

jdm_eg6
11-15-2006, 08:32 PM
iam not going to hate like crazy about the car, but it is Definatly not a tuners choice, those cars are neither fast, nor steer well, nor do they stop well or look nice.

The problem lies in where your intetions are, my friend wanted his moms taurus because he thought it was fast, and cool. until i helped him open his eyes a little. Now hes part of the little EG crew haha. Anyway find somthing else that you will like and give a grandma or another elder loved one your vechicle.

if you want domestic, try cavilers, sunfires, mustangs, camaros, things like that and if you want import. you have a LONG list of cars to work with.

i can see you have done work to it but i have seen the car way too much and it has little to no asthetics. Just maybe sell her and try another much more expandable project that you will get ALOT more gratifaction from.

look at the whole pick up a chick aspect, if you pull up to pick up a chick in the same car her grandma just dropped her off with but with neons and big seats with complicated straps and stickers.. she might ge bugged ahaha

PS: on the positive side, all your parts are transferable and if not you can sell to some punk kid with their parents Grand am. good luck dude