PDA

View Full Version : Scion xB

phobiaphobe
10-30-2006, 11:18 PM
What is the general feeling about this car?

Love it? Hate it?

94SSEi
10-30-2006, 11:23 PM
I think they are cool...bit slow but neat overall. What are they worth roughly?

Kirbs17
10-30-2006, 11:30 PM
And where is this? Ive heavily considered this to be my next purchase

Eleanor
10-30-2006, 11:43 PM
IMO, they're pretty hideous on the outside but sweet inside. Plus I think I might have seen one in town so it'll stand out for sure.

phobiaphobe
10-31-2006, 10:40 AM
There might only be 20 or 30 of them in the city... every time you stop people want to ask you about it. Underneath it's basically an Echo, so it's super easy to drive and cheap on gas. It's kinda weird being surrounded by a big box... feels like you're driving an aquarium. Pretty useful though, lots of space. And very upgradeable. I think the idea is to sort of offer a blank canvas that people can customize to their own style. The one I'm driving right now is a 5-speed... it's pretty fun to boot around in but certainly a few more HP wouldn't hurt.

After I started the thread I realized that I should be looking into sponsorship of this board before I go much further with this. :D

khtm
10-31-2006, 10:45 AM
I think they look gansta. And seem like a good deal for a Toyota.

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-31-2006, 11:30 AM
The exterior has grown on me, and I LOVE the interior, reminds me a bit of an element, but cooler... I much prefer the tC but I won't be seeing those in Canada for a while.

I'd drive one for sure.

jcrules99
10-31-2006, 11:37 AM
my friend recently bought one, he loves it

i personally dont like it.. its a box on wheels:dunno: not my style haha

Sprinter
10-31-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
"... I much prefer the tC but I won't be seeing those in Canada for a while..."

tC is the shizz:

http://www.edmunds.com/media/seo/500/2006.scion.tc.jpg

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/06/sciontc05_engine.jpg

Arthur Dent
10-31-2006, 12:55 PM
The styling is certainly unique but I would not want one myself. Do people manage to get these into Canada because they are so similar to the Echo (underneath)? I saw plenty of tCs in San Fran - they seem pretty frumpy and dull.

phobiaphobe
10-31-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Arthur Dent
[B]The styling is certainly unique but I would not want one myself. Do people manage to get these into Canada because they are so similar to the Echo (underneath)?

Yes. They are so similar to the Echo that the Echo's crash test rating carries over to them so they can be registered here. I think we could probably do the same with the xA.

We won't see the tC here because it hasn't been crash tested by the Canadian agency. I would think that given the success of the Scion experiment in the States that Toyota Canada would be pushing to get them here.

Zephyr
11-01-2006, 01:07 AM
man..scions are a dime a dozen here..theres so many that shows have their own xA and xB categories now..

i want to get a xB, paint it cardboard box brown and put red vinyl on it "fragile" "this end up" and put a white shipping label on the side and lower it on air..

or hell, get a white one and get a chinese takeout box vinyl on it and slam it on the ground

plus they seem pretty safe. im sure if you "roll" one over it will just stop on one side like a dice.

LilDrunkenSmurf
11-01-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Zephyr
im sure if you "roll" one over it will just stop on one side like a dice.
hahaha thats awesome