PDA

View Full Version : Accident on McKnight Blvd today...

$lick_rYz
10-30-2006, 11:27 PM
On McKnight Blvd just coming off the Deerfoot Trail bridge today(besides the wendy's and timmy's) I stopped at a red light and I see this '96 silver civic roll up beside me and the guy starts reving his engine with a chick in the passenger seat. I'm in my '96 black civic just minding my own business. So he revs his engine again wanting me to race. Now I got a big ass truck in front of me so even if I did race him I wouldn't get much far so I was like whatever I just turned my radio louder and the guy is still going crazy reving his engine, as soon as the lights turned green he floors it ...of course he beats me but that wasn't enough for him... he starts zooming through traffic and i m thinking wtf is wrong with this kid he is gonna crash for sure....soon enough before reaching the next set of lights (the service road that leads to the airport i think its 19th Street) he looses control and all of a sudden he is all over the fucking road his car ends up flipped sideways almost on the wrong side of the road (it ended up on the median) they were lucky the light was red for the on coming traffic or else they would've ended up hurting themselves real bad...but neways I pulled over quickly and ran to help them out but there was another lady that pulled over and started asking them if they were all rite, they seemed ok, ppl started dialing 911, man it was fucked, never seen anything like that in my life and it happened right before my eyes too. I didn't stay for the whole thing cause I had to go to work so I just left then...just wondering if anyone else saw that? and if they are doing ok...I hope they're feeling alright.

Black Gts
10-30-2006, 11:32 PM
Wow great weather for a street race....
Hope they are ok....

Eleanor
10-30-2006, 11:38 PM
Why don't some Calgarians get it, we get snow every year, SLOW DOWN! It isn't that hard. Although this guy just seems like a tool.

cityhunter2501
10-30-2006, 11:52 PM
wow what an idiot..glad that they are ok though.

must have been the first time for the guy driving in the snow, sad that they had to learn not to underestimate snow in the hard way.

euro_racer
10-30-2006, 11:58 PM
holly fuck, either the streets must have been in an amazingly and freakishly good condition of that part of the city today or the guy was a complete moron who didnt even deserve to be driving...i know i had a tough time getting around today everywhere i went :thumbsdow

lets face it, from time to time we will all race on public roads, but to be stupid enaugh to attepmt it on the roads like we had in the last 2 days is beyond me :dunno:

3G
10-31-2006, 12:02 AM
wat a douche, some poor old ladies S10 truck caught fire on Whitehorn Drive

Vietsta
10-31-2006, 12:16 AM
i was leaving my buddies house tonight and i notice that alot of people still speed during this weather

CivicTunr
10-31-2006, 12:18 AM
haha hes lucky, i was just driving in my area, and theres this one corner thats pure ice, anyways i managed to slide into the curb at like 2km/hr, and my car lightly bumped it no damage to my car, but im glad i did it, it made me drive more carefully today, im always bad at the winter thing haha. but i definately wouldnt street race on them.

oh my story about today:

4th street 8am
two broads (women), one in a X5, and one in a old school jeep i think it was, well i was going like 40km/hr so this broad in the red jeep decides to go faster cut me off and than swerve back into the other lane to pass cars, well she fish tailed, and than the broad in the X5 did the same thing, haha.
and guys insurance is more expensive? ahah than i saw another broad putting lipstick on when she was driving, you dont have to do that yourself when you die they pay people to do that,

SilverBoost
10-31-2006, 08:41 AM
I think it should be law that when someone crashes like that after trying to be a total showoff that instead of stopping, it's your obligation to drive by really slowy, point and laff.

Kona9
10-31-2006, 08:50 AM
camera + that accident (drivers face) + beyond = pwned

BlueFrenzy
10-31-2006, 06:40 PM
I think he must have been trying out for Fast and the Furious 4: Canada drift --> we don't need asphalt, just ice. That way you can pull 360's and 720's in your car and shoot your harpoon gun at the sametime. When we go sideways ... we really go sideways!

I can see if the roads were REALLY bad and icy that happening but the roads were pretty clear. The kid's an idiot for putting his passenger's life at risk.

barbarian
10-31-2006, 09:08 PM
What an idiot, I hope he was stuck there and got done by the cops.

Speed_69
10-31-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by 3G
wat a douche, some poor old ladies S10 truck caught fire on Whitehorn Drive
whoa i live on whitehorn drive, how'd it happen?

$lick_rYz
11-01-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by barbarian
What an idiot, I hope he was stuck there and got done by the cops.

He was stuck, this guy outta nowhere started running towards the scene with his celly in his hand (probably on hold with 911) and started yelling don't touch them n let them stay in the car until the cops show up. there was a timmy's right across the street so I'm thinking the cops were at the scene very quick.

LilDrunkenSmurf
11-01-2006, 01:36 PM
Wow, people are really stupid... i mean, I don't even pass much during winter...

SilverBoost
11-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by $lick_rYz

there was a timmy's right across the street so I'm thinking the cops were at the scene very quick.

not necessarily.... you know how hard it is to leave half an apple fritter.

infected
11-01-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by SilverBoost

:rofl: Oh you guys...

-1 for putting his passanger at risk.

$lick_rYz
11-02-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by SilverBoost

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

nos_efx
11-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Guy should have his car taken away from him for being douche....

bikrbabe
11-03-2006, 02:12 PM
That's crazy man!

I got into an accident at the same intersection @ mcknight and 19th almost 2 years ago, this chick ran a red light and right into my bf's car head on. It wasn't a pleasant sight