PDA

View Full Version : Best sponsor for alarm installation?

blueripper6
10-31-2006, 05:19 AM
hi :D

Looking to get an alarm installed, I dont even know where to look,

my search : http://forums.beyond.ca/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=3328697&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

I want a TOP quality job, I want all the features on my alarm to work, because I dont want my car stolen.

thanks yalll

SilverBoost
10-31-2006, 08:47 AM
If you REALLY don't want you car stolen, there are ways you can set stuff up so that it doesn't happen, and it has nothing to do with an aftermarket alarm system. It's called hiding some switches to things like your fuel pump.

My alarm cuts all power to the ignition anyhow once it's tripped. (I didn't get it installed locally), but sometimes you just gotta go the extra step. If you have an aftermarket wheel, get a quick release hub as well..... can't steal it if you can't steer it.

Well maybe in Sask you could get a few miles away before you hit a turn, but that's not the norm. :D

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-31-2006, 08:58 AM
Immobilizers are good, I know a few guys that have them without alarms. Also, try to leave your car (if it's a manual transmission) on first gear or reverse, that way, if someone tries so steal your car by towing it, they can't just clip the brake lines.

Speedtech is having a sale on some top quality stuff, and so far, i've heard nothing but good, so give them a try.