PDA

View Full Version : Need Compustar Guru

Mar
10-31-2006, 03:40 PM
I want to add another diode to my setup. I have one on it now and want to add another so when it pops up the alarm goes off. Is it just straight forward running a wire from the diode to the brain?

Jonathan@TCS
10-31-2006, 11:18 PM
This doesn't make sense, what are you wanting to add to your alarm? A diode is something that restricts the flow through a circuit.

Mar
10-31-2006, 11:30 PM
Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. I want to add that little pin that compresses when you push on it and springs out when you let go. There's one under my hood, I want to add another. But where would the wire from the pin go? Is there just a place on the brain to stick it in?

soupey
10-31-2006, 11:37 PM
ur talking about a hoodpin switch, basically connects to ground whenever its not pushed down. you could attach one to the same wire as the hood pin switch, whenever a ground is sensed on that wire, you wont be able to start the car and/or the alarm will ring.

if u need another hoodpin switch im sure any installer place will have extras they can give/sell to u...try calling futureshop and talk to the installer and see what they say

Mar
10-31-2006, 11:44 PM
Damn, I was just at Futureshop today, gave one of the employees there a demo of my car. I should have asked him.

So.....John....like...........how 'bout those hoodpins? :nut: