PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1989 Dodge Colt GT

2.0turbo
10-31-2006, 06:08 PM
So, I haven't had this colt for very long but I originally bought it because it was a lot of fun, had all the reciepts for the work, brand new tires, and it was obviously very well cared for.

It's got new ball joints, tie rod ends, new tires, all the belts including the timing belt have less than 11,000 kms on them and a nearly new act2600 clutch. The car is solid and the only thing that may be getting low are the break pads.

The best thing about these little GT's is that they weigh in under 2200 lbs and as most people will know, it came stock with a 4g61 (1.6l)with a little hair blower on it that made somewhere in the way 130 hps.

This beautiful thing about this particular colt, is that aside from looking like a mitsubishi mirage, it's got a 4g63 (2.0l from a turbo talon) and a talon fwd 5 speed tranny dropped in it with a big 16g turbo and 510 injectors. They drop in with a slight adjustment of the mounts to make it a bit lower under the hood. It has a 2.0 litre eprom ecu with a chip mapped for the 500 cc injectors and an safc to help with the fuel, although not much is needed for adjustments. If any of you have tuned with chips, it is the absolulte best way to do things, as the ecu just thinks that is the way it is supposed to run and all fuel trims run as they are stock.
The colt also has a 255lph fuel pump, 2.5" turbo back exhaust, front mounted intercooler, lowering springs, 15" rims with 205/55 directional rubber (not ideal for winter roads, but great for when the spring comes around), duel stage turbonetics boost controller currently set at 12 on low and 18psi on high with the flick of the switch, a 2g maf (allows a little more air than the stock 1g maf), and I think its a turbo smart blow off valve, autometer boost and pyrometer gauges.

The motor also has a cometic 4 layer steel head gasket and arp head studs.

For those of you who know about DSM's, you'll appreciate how well the 4g63 takes to these mods that have been done to this motor and it is safe to say that the power is somewhere in the high 200's. The motor will also make more torque than hp. Trying to keep it strait through the first 3 gears is nearly impossible. I haven't ran it at the track but it would easily pull a mid to low 13 and with some traction, it will get into the 12's.

It's a fun, inexpensive little car that will surprise absolutley anyone who races you are rides in it.

A fair price for this car is $5200. Thanks for looking.

2.0turbo
10-31-2006, 06:12 PM
Here's a bigger picture.

Rush.ca
11-01-2006, 10:59 PM
AWD?

2.0turbo
11-04-2006, 01:27 PM
no, fwd.

2.0turbo
02-06-2007, 07:39 PM
I can't belive nobody would want this beast. Anyhow, still for sale and running perfect. I've never had a problem with it.