PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried importing a Mini CooperS or Mazda6 from the States?

yiujun
10-31-2006, 08:00 PM
Has anyone imported a Mini CooperS or Mazda6 from the States? Am currently emailing some dealers across the border.. and the prices are so much cheaper than in Canada. Still haven't told them I'm Canadian though.

Any tips? :)

azndragon1234
10-31-2006, 08:09 PM
i always wanted to buy a car from the states, first the price is good and canadian currency is high and states is low. Buy it for a good price tehre and if u re-sell your ride, you mite make money instead of losing it

disadvantages :

-shipping the car? depending how far, you mite have to pay a shipping company to ship it.

-speedometer? Milage in big, Km in small

-some same model cars in the states have more colors, but the interior color maybe different (advantage or disadvantage), Example : Rsx can be WHITE and does not have to be Type S but the interior for ALL white rsx's are Tan color :whipped:

yiujun
10-31-2006, 09:20 PM
for me it's all advantages haha i live right next to the border so i can probably drive it back myself..
as long as the speedometer has km, i could care less.. it would take some getting used to though.. yesterday i was in the a taxi cab and the speedometer had the mileage in big and km in small.. it did look weird.

i must say i have no problems at all since i want black leather and they have black leather for white body.. which is more rare in canada for some reason..

and oh you forgot one.. the warranty for honda and acura doesn't apply in canada if you move the car back to canada.. haha.