PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting Firms

szw
11-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Someone referred me to check out connectyourcareer.com, a recruiting firm that caters to junior positions and new graduates. I sent them my resume and they asked me to come in for an assessment interview. What does this mean? Do I have to wear a suit still or is this more of a getting to know your recruiter?

Also anyone have experience with this particular company? Looking through their website it seems they are fairly new with just a couple employees. At least they have an office downtown.

topmade
11-01-2006, 01:55 PM
Yeah it's more of a thing to just getting to know each other, but it is essentially a first interview and they may have you do some tests, so I would suggest to dress up and present yourself professionally. I haven't heard of that company before, but have used Kelly services which isn't too bad for junior and new grad positions. Sisystems is pretty good too, but they like more experienced people, but do have junior positions as well. Both I have had good experience with.

mewfie
11-01-2006, 01:59 PM
I used to work with a large I.T Recruiting firm in Calgary. When you send in your resume to these recruiting firms, when they call you to come in for an 'assessment interview' what they are doing first off is populating their database. Depending on how your meeting goes, they will add their comments and rate you on how you presented yourself and the information given to them from your online account creation(every company uses different methods). If they find you a suitable candidate to represent their company, and if any jobs come up that require your skillset, they will call you.

You don't need to wear a suit, but it would be nice if you dressed business casual i.e Dress pants/Dockers..you know the routine.

Hope this Helps.

Mewfie