PDA

View Full Version : Time for a Psychiatrist?

creeper
11-02-2006, 02:46 AM
Let me explain this situation, and then tell me if you think the person I'm talking about should seek urgent, professional help ...

A friend of mine was over playing NHL on the XBOX 360. I beat him 2-1, with different teams, three times in a row. When the last game was over, he shut off the XBOX 360 and refused to play again. The reason he stated for this was that I was scoring shitty goals, and he would play again at a later date if I "learned some skill", and "got good goals". I then was saying that the games were only 2-1, and we have both played the game a handful of times. We got in a bit of an argument, me saying that it was totally unreasonable and illogical for someone to not play, because of the above reason. Then, when I said that he lost because of poor gameplay, he instantly flew out of his seat, and started kicking the shit out of me. Full fledged punching, kicking, pushing, he literally tore my shirt to pieces in the midst of this, I was on the ground in about 4 seconds flat where he proceeded to punch me and claw at me, while shouting (in that teary, crying type voice, you know what I mean) That his gameplay was, and always has been, better than mine, and that I should never ever fucking say that his gameplay was bad.

I have known this person to be fairly 'touchy' in the past, as they have flown off the handle before for similar things, but never as extreme.

I am a pretty calm person, so I didin't freak out and start fighting back or yelling or anything, but I did say, "This is not normal behavior, and you have to see a psychaiatrist about this" to which he replied "You have to see a pyschiatrist about being a {insert various swears and insults here, be imaginative}"

I have always thought this person is the type who would one day end up in prison because of an extreme case of road-rage turned manslaughter, or because he ends up butchering his family in the middle of the night or something.

The person holds a good job, and has an active social life, with a handful of hobbies. Seems normal in many ways, but I have never seen someone react so violently in a split second like that before, especially over something so completely trivial as a videogame.

What do you think? Does this person need to seek professional help? I can't imagine anything being said to me that would make me go berserk like this, it was absolutely crazy.

Help!

Hash_man
11-02-2006, 03:23 AM
Ya this person needs help... badly... BTW, you do score cheap goals in the older NHL games, I dont know if its possible to on 360 though.

This person sounds nuts.:nut:

Street_Soldier
11-02-2006, 03:29 AM
Hahaha, good read. I would say hes kinda weird. Everyone always has a few thing that piss them off and his is games I guess. In the past what else triggered his outbursts?

I dont know what happened but I bet you did something more than just beat him in a game. Did you gloat and throw it in his face? Maybe throughout the game you aggrevated him and he just exploded and kicked your ass. Could be anything.

I dont know your friend but I wouldn't say hes crazy because of a single situation. I've done worst things than that and seen people fit over much less but I don't think they are crazy. It was probably just a situational thing. A Build up of stress, frustation, bad sleep... could be anything.

I would just say hes a baby if anything.

James
11-02-2006, 03:34 AM
Thats Messed up.... Sexual frustation, immature, etc..?:dunno: ...either way its a video game, hate to see how he reacts in a real life situation with someone who isnt suppose to be a friend, i sure as hell wouldnt hang out with someone who flipped cause i barely beat him at a video game. In Fact, i suck at alot of sports games becuase i rarely ever play them, worst i will do is give up after losing 35-0 at halftime...tell your buddy to calm down and smoke a joint:thumbsup:

googe
11-02-2006, 03:43 AM
haha, reminds me of when i play football games with a friend of mine. ill always do really dumb plays like hail marys 10 times in a row and manage to beat him with his elaborate plays and he'll start cussing while im rofling...despite him finding it infuriating, he still realizes its a game though.

Originally posted by Street_Soldier
I've done worst things than that

i think you need help too then...

seriously, crying and clawing and kicking and screaming over losing a hockey game?

statick
11-02-2006, 06:40 AM
How old is this guy?

What Street_Soldier said has some relevance. I've known people who were like this in the past and just needed time to (mentally/emotionally) develop, not a psychiatrist.

That being said, this guy specifically may need help!

natejj
11-02-2006, 10:50 AM
Yeah how old is he??? That's WACK. I start to swear when I lose, but I am swearing at the game for being so retarded haha

Datsun-Fever
11-02-2006, 10:54 AM
Lol, what a little bitch...you should beat the shit out of him! that'll learn him!

creeper
11-02-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Hash_man
Ya this person needs help... badly... BTW, you do score cheap goals in the older NHL games, I dont know if its possible to on 360 though.

This person sounds nuts.:nut:

The person is early 20's.

I slaughtered people at those old versions, because the "S" move and the one-timers worked everytime. But, this game is quite a bit different, and my goals were definelty all garbage goals, I tried doing better looking stuff, but I had to go Flames style, gritty, crash the net and hack until it dribbles over the line,

But, I didn't gloat or anything, mostly because it isn't a big win, and I'm a good sport. I have one friend who I play NHL with, and have maybe won once or twice in like 200 games, and I still play, I just like to play, I suck, and I don't have to win.

Maybe I'm just a hardcore nerd gamer who subconciously likes getting my ass handed to me? Dark.

tictactoe2004
11-02-2006, 11:11 AM
I think I might know this guy...

---------> CLICK ME (http://www.break.com/index/angry_german_kid_vs_leeroy_jenkins.html)

nos_efx
11-02-2006, 11:11 AM
Whats your buddy's first name?

I have a friend who behaves the exact same way :D

EK 2.0
11-02-2006, 11:19 AM
I'm sorry...I said I would replace your shirt...there was no need to make it public like this...

nos_efx
11-02-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
I'm sorry...I said I would replace your shirt...there was no need to make it public like this...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

duffspec
11-02-2006, 12:51 PM
Dude, it's not your friend it's that crack additive game and it has been the single reason hommies fight. I have been in some intense duals in which my buddy dropped the controller, swore never to play again and left.

CRACK!!!

Sorrik
11-02-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by duffspec
I have been in some intense duals in which my buddy dropped the controller, swore never to play again and left.

THAT WAS NHL 06 JERK .... AND YOU CHEATED ... lol and I never played 06 again ....:goflames:

... and you cheat in 07 as well

gp36912
11-02-2006, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

Originally posted by Sorrik

THAT WAS NHL 06 JERK .... AND YOU CHEATED ... lol and I never played 06 again ....:goflames:

... and you cheat in 07 as well

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ahahah those 2 comments just made my day :D

CasperWho
11-02-2006, 01:03 PM
sounds like me , and everyone of my friends who play EA NHL.

waisted time typing this shit brah
u should of been polishing your skillz

:devil:

msommers
11-02-2006, 03:25 PM
sounds like my buddy who's ass I always kicked in Golden eye, he literally threw his controller and broke his 64, funniest thing ever, I couldn't stop laughing!

bonnieclyde240
11-02-2006, 05:24 PM
He doesn't need a psychiatrist, he needs anger management. He suffers from sore-loserizm, I know because when me and my boy play Fight Night on xbox, we both hate losing to the point where we get verbally abusive towards each other, but after we just laugh it off in the end cuz it's just a game.

Mar
11-02-2006, 06:21 PM
I think he needs someone to kick the shit out of him and then he won't try that again.

civicrazy2002
11-02-2006, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by bonnieclyde240
He doesn't need a psychiatrist, he needs anger management. He suffers from sore-loserizm, I know because when me and my boy play Fight Night on xbox, we both hate losing to the point where we get verbally abusive towards each other, but after we just laugh it off in the end cuz it's just a game.

Lol!! That sounds exactly like me and my bro:D We always fight after a game of fooseball. But cool off almost immediatly. It's a pride thing i guess:dunno: