PDA

View Full Version : fitness

euro.roma
11-02-2006, 02:04 PM
just noticed we have a fitness section here lol. Ok so I posted in General that im looking to get a bench press of ok quality for about 150 or less, dont need weights and just wondering if u guys and girls have any ideas as to were to go look for one. Thx beyonders.:thumbsup:

topmade
11-02-2006, 02:07 PM
check the Misc Buy/Sell section, I saw a few people selling benches and stuff there.

euro.roma
11-02-2006, 02:12 PM
yea checked it out both guys sold theres and theres another guy that lives like in medacine hat or something so thats a nono.

nhlfan
11-03-2006, 07:52 PM
pretty much any decent sporting goods place will have them. Heck, even walmart will sell you a bench.

pinoyhero
11-04-2006, 10:28 AM
Buy a gym membership instead at a place like the liesure centre etc which can be had for like 350. You'll use it more over the course of the year guaranteed

euro.roma
11-04-2006, 02:23 PM
i got a gym membership for cardel but the thing is i usualy end up playing basketball lol. I rather have one in my room so I can do like 3 sets when I get bored.

BigShow
11-04-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by euro.roma
i got a gym membership for cardel but the thing is i usualy end up playing basketball lol. I rather have one in my room so I can do like 3 sets when I get bored.

Hey, how is that cardel facility? apart from basketball, weightroom what else do they have? is it usually packed in there or empty? thanks

Mixalot27
11-06-2006, 06:42 PM
For a $150 or less you really can't get very much new. You would pretty much be limited to Canadian Tire, Walmart, type of stuff which usually isnt very good quality. So your probaly better off to look for used stuff. You can try Craigs list, bargain finder (buysell.com), or even ebay.

If your planning on lifting heavy weights you might want to think about a cage or power rack for safety. This would probaly cost you more in the $400 - $500 range though.

I have a similar setup as in the link below which is one on sale for $199 at sears right now. Its decent quality but I wouldnt want to load more than about 400lbs on it.

http://tinyurl.com/ylgwzo

Heres another model for $149 at sears

http://tinyurl.com/y2frcn