PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick question about a test drive.

ICEBERG
11-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Hi guy's,

Today my wife got out of work early, so we decided to drop by at South Center Fine cars to look at the new Cayman S. Anyways, i ask the sales rep. there if i could take one for a test drive. He told me that i had to phone and make an appointment to take one out. Is this normal for them to do that?

I didn't like the sales rep. but thats a different story. It took them 20 mins. before my wife got someone to help me out.

So do you need an appointment to test drive a car, because i never had to do that before. I test drove more expensive cars without appointments.

Just asking guy's

Cheers,

dino_martini
11-02-2006, 08:32 PM
That has been what I have been told at all the car dealerships I went to last weekend. They all said to me "when you want to take a test drive, give me a call so I can have the car ready for you to drive".

The Sales rep. was probably "disrespectful" because the Porsche Dealer at South Center Fine Cars makes so much money that if they lose one Cayman S customer at the end of the day it doesnt really matter.

M.alex
11-02-2006, 08:48 PM
They're assholes over there and at the BMW dealership at the auto mall - the guy at the BMW dealership wanted me to put down a 10K 'refundable' deposit to test drive a new M3 - WTFBBQ???

A2VR6
11-02-2006, 09:43 PM
Hmm... I know last time me and my dad went to the Porsche dealership to take a look at a Boxster they were the ones asking us to take a test drive, not us asking them. But again we were talking with the sales manager at the time and not just any salesman.

whiskas
11-02-2006, 09:46 PM
For new cars you usually have to call ahead because dealerships normally have a demo car for that specific model and they might need to prep it beforehand.

For used cars you usually don't need to call ahead.

E36M3
11-02-2006, 10:38 PM
I went to South Center "Fine" Cars to buy a Cayenne Turbo and nobody even spoke to me. Not sure what their problem was. When I finally did speak to a salesperson, he told me that it would take a year to get a Cayenne Turbo after laughing when I asked if they had any.. in any case, their disrespectful attitude was really annoying and unprofessional and I won't ever buy anything from them.

Mitsu3000gt
11-02-2006, 11:05 PM
I've driven a boxter, boxter S, cayman S, and Carrera from south center fine cars. Both times, they asked us for the test drive and required only a photocopy of a licence and signing a sheet saying we'll pay for speeding tickets. It was a saleswoman and she was reasonably knowledgeable but an excellent person to deal with.

In the winter time, when they switch their stock to cayannes instead of sports cars, you usally need an appointment because they keep their summer cars in a warehouse. I'm not sure if they've switched over yet or not.

ICEBERG
11-02-2006, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
I've driven a boxter, boxter S, cayman S, and Carrera from south center fine cars. Both times, they asked us for the test drive and required only a photocopy of a licence and signing a sheet saying we'll pay for speeding tickets. It was a saleswoman and she was reasonably knowledgeable but an excellent person to deal with.

In the winter time, when they switch their stock to cayannes instead of sports cars, you usally need an appointment because they keep their summer cars in a warehouse. I'm not sure if they've switched over yet or not.

I don't think their summer cars where in the warehouse yet. The sales rep. didn't even ask for a drivers license or anything like that from us. He just said, phone us to make an appointment. He just didn't want to help us. I even had to ask him for his business card.

I will not post the sale reps. name here, but my wife is Pi$$ed with their service. We looked at each other like WTF!!! It is not like i can't afford any car in there. What the hell is going on with service in this city.

Anyways, i will not phone them for anything. I just wanted to know if it was normal for an appointment, that all.

thanks for the reply guy's.

cheers,

Weapon_R
11-02-2006, 11:40 PM
Yes, its entirely normal especially at South Center Fine Cars. They've been doing this for a long time.

SilverBoost
11-03-2006, 09:08 AM
Sometimes they just need to make sure there's gas in it. Really depends on what kind of car it is. Maybe there are only a few in and there's one there but it hasn't been PDI'd yet or something. I went to a dealership and took one for a test drive and the thing didn't sound right at all. By the time we got back the thing was smoking. It was brand new. Apaprently the salesperson got in shit for not making sure the car had been prepped yet. It was literally right off the truck. Makes you wonder though what they did to make sure that vehicle was actually undamaged afterward? Anyway, short answer, all the vehicles that I've been actualyl interested in buying, I've called ahead and made sure there was one ready to go for a test drive before I got there.

AllGoNoShow
11-03-2006, 09:26 AM
Maybe check out http://www.kulumotorcar.com/main.asp instead?

Thats the only help I got tho, I'd probably be kicked out if I went to try and test drive something you were after :)

dino_martini
11-03-2006, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by ICEBERG

I don't think their summer cars where in the warehouse yet. The sales rep. didn't even ask for a drivers license or anything like that from us. He just said, phone us to make an appointment. He just didn't want to help us. I even had to ask him for his business card.

I will not post the sale reps. name here, but my wife is Pi$$ed with their service. We looked at each other like WTF!!! It is not like i can't afford any car in there. What the hell is going on with service in this city.

Anyways, i will not phone them for anything. I just wanted to know if it was normal for an appointment, that all.

thanks for the reply guy's.

cheers,

As I said. They make so much money at the end of the day losing a customer or two doesnt really make a differance.