PDA

View Full Version : Academy Services

adamc
11-03-2006, 04:39 PM
They're a division of Nabors, build drilling rigs in the s.e.

I'm thinking about taking a job with them, since it's pretty much like a rig move, but in the city / home every night.

Money is the same as the field as well, which would be nice.

Anyone work for Academy?

Mazstyle
11-03-2006, 04:59 PM
I know a few guys who work/worked there. The money's great, some of the bosses are real dicks, and the shift they run sucks balls. That should just about cover it.

szw
11-03-2006, 05:01 PM
website?

msouther
12-02-2006, 10:22 PM
I work for an advertising company in Calgary and they are my regular client. I would recommend working for them. I am not surprised to hear they pay well. They aren't afraid to advertise and pay for to have people like you work for them. I know the HR people but that is it. You won't be working for them though unfortunately so I can't vouch for what the bosses are like. They are a Division of Nabors Canada. Look up there website. It is under Nabors though.

Southey

adamc
06-05-2007, 05:10 PM
BUMP.

Anyone working at Academy right now?

I want to start with them, but don't have the $ to get my truck fixed until I've put in a few weeks.

Unfortunately it's a stipulation that I have a reliable mode of transportation to get the job.

Would be interested in a ride sharing situation if anyone works there, or near 9307 52 Street SE.

Mazstyle
06-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Whereabouts do you live? since many people work in the SE industrial....

adamc
06-05-2007, 07:34 PM
I live on 18th ave sw. between 7 and 8 streets

But I could always walk down to Mcleod every morning, or even take the train to chinook station and ride with somebody from there.

It's really a catch 22, they told me that they could use me, but to call back when I had a reliable vehicle.
Can't have the reliable vehicle without the job

(normally I work in the field for Precision, but have been slowly trying to transition to office work, this would be a good stepping stone to that end goal)

Shifts down there start at 6am though, so if I was to carpool with somebody (would pitch for gas), they would have to work early - or work at the same place :)

Perfect Dark
06-07-2007, 03:16 PM
I work at Academy, but I don't drive anywhere near where you would need picked up.

It's a decent place if you can handle shift work. I doubt anyone pays better for the work we do inside the city limits, but yeah the bosses are complete douches. Luckily for you, the just fired the old Rig up supervisor, because he was the worst of them all.

I will ask around and see if anyone comes from that area.

adamc
06-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Thanks PerfectDark, I'll pm you.