PDA

View Full Version : I've always wondered why....

Rat Fink
11-04-2006, 11:17 AM

AzN'SKillZ
11-04-2006, 11:26 AM
well usually it takes time to apply, plus on top of that not everyone has the qualifications.

Rat Fink
11-04-2006, 12:07 PM

AzN'SKillZ
11-04-2006, 12:12 PM
yes ur right

but, usually wen ppl post about opurtunitys, they usualy have a interview already. and the other guy thats lurking still has to hand in a resume.

and dont forget this is a alberta base fourm, so many places are short staffed that tehy hav to close down.

chris
11-04-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
In careers like accounting, IT, business, engineering, drafting.....I can guarantee there's people lurking on the boards with more experience......and it only takes half an hour to hunt down email addresses and fire off a resume.
chances are if people are lurking around here to find a job they are also checking out the job listings on the web and therefore probably already know about the position.

and Azn'skillz, accounting firms and other businesses are not shutting down because they're short staffed. Most of the areas that are short staffed are manual labour/trades/fast food places

The Cosworth
11-04-2006, 12:54 PM
well in my case when I posted, the closing date of the application process was end of september, so if someone wants to go to for an engineering job, go nuts, you might get a phone call around this time next year.

Also I think a lot of places are like that, and the job market now adays if you have to hunt for jobs you arnt looking hard enough

googe
11-04-2006, 01:39 PM
Most people also arent that desperate for jobs around here these days.