PDA

View Full Version : FS/GI 1997 Integra Type R

CanadianR
11-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

***MOD EDIT***

No feeler threads allowed.

whiskas
11-04-2006, 05:58 PM
Is this car legal for DS or did you run it in DSP?

teggypimp95
11-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

CanadianR
11-04-2006, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by CanadianR

***MOD EDIT***

No feeler threads allowed.

Please read my thread:thumbsdow As posted previously, the car is for sale, but i'm also doubting i'll get any concrete offers at this time of year, so i'm seeing how much interest there is out there. By all means the car will be sold if a buyer wants it at this time of year.

CanadianR
11-04-2006, 10:59 PM
After much soul searching and second guessing myself i've decided to see if there's interest in my itr. I'm guessing it may be difficult to sell at this time of year so comments are welcome even if you are not interested in purchasing the car. By all means THE CAR IS INDEED FOR SALE!!!!!(I'm just not expecting much in the way of offers given this time of year)

OK, here goes a second time:

I am the second owner and have had the car for just under five years. It was bought by me with about 70k on it. For those who don't know me, i bought the car and had intended to keep it forever, so it was maintained meticulously. It currently has 123K on it. The car has never been winter driven by me or the previous owner, except for twice when i first got the car and hadn't gotten a winter beater yet. It was always stored in a heated garage/parkade during winter and has been always garaged in the last three years or so. I am extremely anal about this car and it rarely sees rain or foul weather over the last couple of years except when there is an autocross and it's raining. Car was clay barred and sealed with Zaino every year. It is set up for autocross and has been used for it the past three seasons (around 40 autocrosses and one High Perfomance Drving School)as well as some regular weekend driving. This is one of only 500 '97 itr's in North America making it the rarest of the already rare itr's, and most likely will be the most coveted in the future. For pre-2000 models A/C was a dealer installed option only and this car has the optional A/C (many pre 2000 Canadian cars don't have this).

There are a few reasons i am selling this car. The first is because i have never had a rear wheel drive car and have always wanted one. The rwd car i've wanted before but thought i'd never be able to afford is finally attainable and i wouldn't mind a change so now seems likea good time. Secondly, i like to modify cars but have always had to be careful not to do anything irresversible to the car as i believe this car will be a classic and worth alot of money one day. I've wanted to get into road racing/Solo I for the past few years but just can't bring myself to put a roll cage in what i think will be a classic car someday, so i want to buy something i can modify and race without the guilty feeling of altering such a rare car.

1997 ITR #452
Championship White (obviously)

Engine - bone stock except:
AEM cold air intake (installed at 95K)
Hondata intake manifold gasket (installed in May)
Spoon magnetic engine and tranny drain plugs
Mugen thermostat (installed two summers ago)
Mugen rad cap (installed two summers ago)
Spoon oil pump (installed two summers ago)

Drivetrain:
jdm 4.785 final drive (installed at 98K)
ACT Prolite 9lb. chromoly flywheel (installed at 98K)

Suspension and Brakes:
Spoon N1 endurance racing coilovers (about 30k on them)
Mugen front strut tower bar (installed two summers ago)
Mugen rear strut tower bar (installed two summers ago)
Cobalt Friction GT Sport front and rear pads (installed at 98K)
KVR cross-drilled, Cadmium plated rotors front and rear (installed two summers ago)

Wheels:
stock itr wheels with 205/50/15 Azenis RT-215's (about 70% tread left)
Enkei ES Tarmac's (very rare wheels) 15x7.5" front and 15x7" rears with 205/50/15 Toyo RA-1's mounted for autocross use(tires are down to two grooves, still at least a full seaon of autocross left). Wheels were repainted bronze but have some rock chips in them - they are track wheels after all.

Other:
tinted windows (lightest shade on sides, one shade darker on quarters, and one shade darker yet on rears)
Compustar paging alarm/starter

I also have all the stock parts which will be included with the car, except the stock air intake assembly.

Maintenance:
oil changed approx. every 3K with either Castrol Syntec 4W50 or Motul 5W40
transmission fluid changed (GM synchromesh) every two summers
Motul DOT 5.1 brake fluid changed every two summers
Honda Type 2 coolant every two summers (just changed in May)

At 98K the timing belt, oil and water pumps, front and rear main seals, and fuel filter were changed and valve adjustment done; as well as the tranny being pulled and the final drive and flywheel being installed. The clutch was not replaced at that time as it had lots of life left since the original owner had a new one installed by Acura under warranty at about 65K. All this work was done bby a certified Honda/Acura Tech.

All other maintenance schedules were followed and usually done more frequently than called for.

The Bad:
There are some minor scrapes on the front lip and a spot where the paint came off the front bumper, as well as some rock chips on the front bumper. There are also some rock chips on the rest of the car (very minor for a 10 year old car). The scrapes were on the car when i bought it from the previous owner and i just never got around to repainting them. Also, there are about 4 small door dings on the passenger side that could easily be removed via paintless dent removal. I was quoted about $700 to repaint the front bumper and lip by Showcase Autoworks. That with the dent removal and this car would look damn near new.

Interior is in excellent condition - better than i've seen in person on any other '97's.

Anyway let me know what you think! I have more pics if neede and can take pics of specifics if needed (car has been in hibernation in the garage for over a month now)

Price: $20,000 OBO with everything
or: $17,500 without coilovers, Enkei's, and Mugen strut bars

some pics
here (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v449/CanadianR/)

CanadianR
11-04-2006, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by whiskas
Is this car legal for DS or did you run it in DSP?

I ran the car in DSP. It is very competitive locally - i usually win DSP. The only difficult thing to change to get back to d stock would be the final drive - trading someone for a tranny with the stock 4.4 final drive plus a bit of cash would be the best solution. Though i do still have all the parts to put the stock 4.4 back in.

CanadianR
11-06-2006, 10:23 PM
page 5 already:eek: this board moves fast - bump me up

CanadianR
11-07-2006, 09:10 PM
bump again.....

7thgenvic
11-08-2006, 01:52 AM
trades??

CanadianR
11-08-2006, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
trades??

No, not looking for trades. Sorry:( . Though i do really like the S13's - your car looks nice:thumbsup:

EDIT* I just checked out your for sale thread. Damn! your car is nice! Unfotunately, i need a car i can autocross and your car would fall into mod class where i wouldn't stand much chance. Plus i kinda want a mostly stock car so i can make it more my own. Someone will be a happy new owner of that car though.

CanadianR
11-12-2006, 11:46 AM
bump

CanadianR
11-14-2006, 02:15 PM
bump