PDA

View Full Version : WTF is wrong with drivers?

barbarian
11-04-2006, 07:05 PM
Why is it that on the first warm day after a cold snap, car accidents seem to go up? I passed one multi-car crash on Crowchild Tr. going south, then half an hour later another going north. Do people just assume that with the snow melted, but a bit of water on the road, everything is A-okay?

I assume that people just lose their minds when they can go fast again. A 1 ton pickup truck was passing everyone on Crowchild Tr. Southbound going about 30 km/h over. There is still slush around, and that water could re-freeze as the temperature drops. Also, water gets on the brakes and reduces performance.

ZMan2k2
11-04-2006, 07:14 PM
I have said it before, and I will say it again. I blame alot of it on the privatization of the licensing system in Alberta. When I took my license test, you screw up on two things, or can't parallel park, you failed. Now, the test is so easy, a blind, retarded monkey with one hand could pass. Licenses are given away like candy in this province, and that's my biggest pet peeve when driving now.

01RedDX
11-04-2006, 08:05 PM

max_boost
11-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Where's the courtesy too? I let two vehicles in today or else they would have been fuxored and neither waved.

Shortly after this truck just pulls out right in front of me, cuts me off, and then proceeds to reverse to parallel park at a meter. I mean did he even bother to check that he doesn't have the right away and there's flowing traffic and he should be waiting? LOL Maybe he was scared I was going to steal the meter. :dunno: :nut: :rolleyes:

That.Guy.S30
11-05-2006, 02:48 AM
its time like these that i wish i had my hella supertones on.

max get them for the rex. lol they will scare the shit out of anyone in your way

LuxCars
11-05-2006, 03:45 AM
:werd:

i let people in all the time.....and many times its a few cars at once trying to switch lanes cause their lane is closed.
And coming down bow trail i let 5-6 cars cut into my lane because they took the shoulder and didnt realize that there were cops at the end waiting to ticket people who took the shoulder.(saved them out of a ticket)

and im finding a hard time to get into a lane even after signaling and waiting, people seem to speed up to not let me come in, or not even slow down a little to make room.

and on our first snow day, as i was coming down bowtrail a car behind me spun out into the middle of the road.....cars right behind him didnt even give him a chance to recover, instead they all began to curve around him.

old&slow
11-05-2006, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Where's the courtesy too? I let two vehicles in today or else they would have been fuxored and neither waved.

Shortly after this truck just pulls out right in front of me, cuts me off, and then proceeds to reverse to parallel park at a meter. I mean did he even bother to check that he doesn't have the right away and there's flowing traffic and he should be waiting? LOL Maybe he was scared I was going to steal the meter. :dunno: :nut: :rolleyes:

I dont get too uptight about the wave. Sometimes I wave sometime not. Sometimes people wave to me and sometimes not. The important thing is that driving is a 2 way deal. Leaving room for a driver is in most cases the right thing to do, and thats enuf for me.

maplelodge
11-06-2006, 02:10 PM
i guess thats what happens with a growing city... people get annoy with traffic and turn into miniacs when they drive, especially during rush hour

Weasel
11-06-2006, 04:56 PM
Its growing pains and shitty roads but it's also a lot of shitty drivers. Last Saturday morning before the snow hit I got rear ended downtown on McLeod, and then on the following Sunday leaving woodbine there is a stop light that is horribly icy and sloped and I got rear ended again. One was a badly built stop and the other was a stupid driver.

rc2002
11-06-2006, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Originally posted by LuxCars
:werd:

i let people in all the time.....and many times its a few cars at once trying to switch lanes cause their lane is closed.
And coming down bow trail i let 5-6 cars cut into my lane because they took the shoulder and didnt realize that there were cops at the end waiting to ticket people who took the shoulder.(saved them out of a ticket)

If there's one thing I've learned driving in Calgary, it's that if you ride the closed lanes and merge lanes to the end, someone will always always always let you in. I have yet to see a car not be able to squeeze in.

I used to wait in the proper lanes and watch the other cars zip by me and squeeze in at the front of the line. But I got sick of that fast. I've got to get places and want to use as little time sitting in traffic as possible.