PDA

View Full Version : Exotics in Calgary

l8braker
11-05-2006, 05:30 PM
Looks like Bentley and Aston Martin are taking over BMW Auto Gallery at the Auto Mall in Spring 2007.

Lamborghini and Lotus are also looking for locations..... No idea about Ferrari though.

:bigpimp:

TeamBestBud
11-05-2006, 05:35 PM
wow..alot of money in this city:poosie: :goflames:

l8braker
11-05-2006, 05:38 PM
^ No doubt, eh?? More sweets cars on the roads for sure.

Forgot to mention that BMW will move across the street by Lexus.

bighead2267
11-05-2006, 05:38 PM
finally Lotus??

KuruptEX
11-05-2006, 07:26 PM
source pleaseeeee:love: :love: :love:

dino_martini
11-06-2006, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by bighead2267
finally Lotus??

Doubt it. How many Lotus are in calgary?

I could see a Ferrari dealer before lotus.

ashee
11-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Apparently the average number of vehicles per household in Calgary is 4 vehicles, so I read in the newspaper a while back.

LilDrunkenSmurf
11-07-2006, 10:44 AM
I doubt that...I can see maybe 3... but that's pushing it.

962 kid
11-07-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini

Doubt it. How many Lotus are in calgary?

I could see a Ferrari dealer before lotus.

There are enough elises in Calgary for Weissach to want to set up a service station here. Also, ZR could have been a ferrari dealer but Zahir decided against it iirc.

483hp
11-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by 962 kid

ZR could have been a ferrari dealer but Zahir decided against it iirc.

Exactly where did you hear this from???

LEB MAFIA
11-07-2006, 11:23 PM
Zahir's stupid for not doing it
even though he's like a cuzin too me lol

me&you
11-08-2006, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by 962 kid

... Also, ZR could have been a ferrari dealer but Zahir decided against it iirc.

^^^ Hahahaha!

(In nobody's wildest dreams would ANYONE turn down a Ferrari Franchise)

nadroj23
11-08-2006, 09:28 AM
^^^^ ya.....true that.

lilmira
11-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Yeah, I was offered a Ferrari franchise once but I decided to turn it down. Seriously ;)

?????
11-08-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by l8braker
Looks like Bentley and Aston Martin are taking over BMW Auto Gallery at the Auto Mall in Spring 2007.

Lamborghini and Lotus are also looking for locations..... No idea about Ferrari though.

:bigpimp:

I think you mean Calgary BMW.

l8braker
11-08-2006, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by KuruptEX
source pleaseeeee:love: :love: :love:

This is the word going through the local exotic community. Hopefully it goes through :thumbsup:

Originally posted by ?????

I think you mean Calgary BMW.

My mistake.

AllGoNoShow
11-08-2006, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by ashee
Apparently the average number of vehicles per household in Calgary is 4 vehicles, so I read in the newspaper a while back.

I can believe that, 4 people in my houehold, 4th jsut got his license, between all of us we got 6 cars we own.

M.alex
11-08-2006, 01:48 PM

of which 4/4 are SUVs or minivans :D

Originally posted by AllGoNoShow

I can believe that, 4 people in my houehold, 4th jsut got his license, between all of us we got 6 cars we own.

Less posty, more seeing if you want to buy my tires :D

ashee
11-12-2006, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
I doubt that...I can see maybe 3... but that's pushing it.

Not really.
When you think about how many husbands and wives with children over 16 probably each have cars and cars for their children or families with summer sporty cars and then their winter SUVs.

Davide
11-13-2006, 02:43 AM
I can see that, my house has got three vehicles and we're not rich at all. the richy people having four cars is believable

SuPhistiKatEd
11-13-2006, 06:17 PM
I'd be happier if we had a Ferrari dealer instead of AM. I see way more Ferrari's than Astons. I've seen maybe 2 since I moved here 3 years ago.

Bentley's are slowly coming around. I saw 2 at Kulu and a few others on city streets.

I thought they are leveling that whole Auto Mall and building more retail space after everyone is moved to their new location?

GT-R rated
11-13-2006, 09:30 PM
yeah the # of car per houshold is pretty beliveable, not that im from cow town but 2 months ago my family of 4 was up to 9. we're back down to 7 now

Graham_A_M
11-13-2006, 10:36 PM
^ yeah we have 7 also, but were a family of 4

silver_gs-R
11-13-2006, 10:49 PM
I'm in a family of 4, 3 of us drive and we have 3 cars.

No doubt keep seeing more and more nice cars on the roads of calgary.

Black Gts
11-13-2006, 10:59 PM
The stats would include all registered vehicles/ plates to an address. I think my house has six haha. Its probably not a stretch at all.

95EagleAWD
11-13-2006, 11:38 PM
My house has two, and their both mine.

My parents has two as well... :dunno:

Loud-N-Clear
11-24-2006, 03:21 PM
I believe that the calgary BMW is relocating, and their old building is being turned into a Bentley, Maserati, Aston Martin and Lamborghini dealership. I work at Calgary Honda, and the owner is opening the new exotic dealership.

me&you
11-24-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Loud-N-Clear
I believe that the calgary BMW is relocating, and their old building is being turned into a Bentley, Maserati, Aston Martin and Lamborghini dealership. I work at Calgary Honda, and the owner is opening the new exotic dealership.

Last I spoke to TD, there was no Lambo even on the radar. Bentley and Maserati were confirmed.

Loud-N-Clear
11-24-2006, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by me&you

Last I spoke to TD, there was no Lambo even on the radar. Bentley and Maserati were confirmed.

Well, last time I met with him, (about a month ago) i was told that Lamborghini would be part of it.

me&you
11-24-2006, 09:16 PM
I guess I'll have to make a call then ;)

By the way, I'm not trying to be difficult and REALLY hope you're right!

Loud-N-Clear
11-25-2006, 06:52 PM
yea, lambo would be sweet, lemme know what he says... I could've misunderstood.

quikkoop
12-17-2006, 12:48 AM

When you think about how many husbands and wives with children over 16 probably each have cars and cars for their children Wrong, I dont have one, and Im PISSED!
edit: family of 5 w/ 3 vehicles (4 of 5 can drive).

soloracer
12-17-2006, 08:51 PM
I have 8 so far and can see myself buying a few more yet. An average of 4 per household isn't beyond the realms of possibility I guess. Although the condo owners would probably bring that number down due to their limited parking.

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-18-2006, 01:21 AM

Not really.
When you think about how many husbands and wives with children over 16 probably each have cars and cars for their children or families with summer sporty cars and then their winter SUVs.

Ya I didn't quite think my response through.

It's because I like in a household of 3 and 2 of us drive, with 2 cars... but thats just because my parents separated. if they were together, it'd be 4.

Tik-Tok
12-19-2006, 01:08 AM
2 people in our house, 4 vehicles...

3 of which are V8's... I'm working hard to warm up Canada's winters. :D

Loud-N-Clear
12-21-2006, 01:03 PM
Theres 4 people in my house, 3 of which can drive and we have 4 cars insured and registered year round.

Orbie
12-21-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Davide
I can see that, my house has got three vehicles and we're not rich at all. the richy people having four cars is believable

It's actually very believable, you don't need to be rich or even average to afford 4 or more cars a family. I think when someone says you have four cars people are thinking four new cars, in which case you probably do have to have some money. However, when you think about how cheap and easy it is to spend a couple grand on old, used beaters/cars it becomes very easy to see how families can own a large amount of cars no problem. If you tuned that survey to be the average amount of cars per household M.Y. (04+) then it will probably turn down to 2 or less :dunno:

l8braker
02-16-2007, 03:29 PM
Bentley Calgary has an interm website up: http://www.bentleycalgary.ca/

Took a drive past there today and there was a black CGT outfront.

pepschnops
02-16-2007, 03:52 PM
where are they building the dealership?

Loud-N-Clear
02-16-2007, 03:55 PM
It's where Calgary BMW is in the auto mall.

ricefarmer
02-16-2007, 04:16 PM
anyone else configuring a bentley right now? hehe:D

me&you
02-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by l8braker
Bentley Calgary has an interm website up: http://www.bentleycalgary.ca/

Took a drive past there today and there was a black CGT outfront.

That is the standard Bentley corporate site...

AllGoNoShow
02-19-2007, 09:31 AM
Saw a new Bently up in the Uplands in Hawkwood. Pure sickness.

ScottysZ
02-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
Saw a new Bently up in the Uplands in Hawkwood. Pure sickness.

Ya I saw it on Nose Hill dr. between hawkwood and arbour lake about a week ago. All covered with salt... poor thing.

And 8 cars and 3 bikes at our house.
3 cars and 2 bikes being mine... I gotta sell some shit.:nut:

l8braker
02-24-2007, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by me&you

That is the standard Bentley corporate site...

It's proof that Bentley is on their way into town, in case no one believed it. I'm sure they will have a new site up and running before they open in September.

CFCN had an interview with the salesman and they have already sold their first car and have 6 on order.

SuPhistiKatEd
02-24-2007, 11:44 PM
Saw a beige/mushroom Flying Spur. Teh hot!!

DGill
02-25-2007, 12:17 AM
i saw a yellow bently convertable on barloww :burnout:

Loud-N-Clear
02-25-2007, 08:05 PM
I work at Calgary Honda, and our detail bay has hed 4 seperate Bentleys in there in the last week, all brand new. 2 convertibles, a coupe and a sedan.

scat19
02-25-2007, 08:12 PM
opening in the old BMW Calgary location - and they are moving beside lexus is it?

dino_martini
02-25-2007, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by scat19
opening in the old BMW Calgary location - and they are moving beside lexus is it?

Yeah, BMW should be moving next to Lexus. The new dealership building is coming along nicely.

aklalani
02-25-2007, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by LEB MAFIA

Buddy do you know the actual cost of opening a dealership let alone a FERRARI dealership. Im sure if he had the cash he would but it probably wasnt a viable financial venture for him

LuxCars
02-25-2007, 11:59 PM
^^^

im sure if he has all those cars that he currently has in his dealership he would be financially fit to open up a Ferrari dealership.

me&you
02-26-2007, 05:13 PM
Bentley Calgary will open in a "wing" of the new Calgary BMW building next to Lexus Calgary etc.

Bentley will have a separate showroom that they will share with an "exotics division". The owner is considering a few other brands to join Bentley, but that gets tricky, because they all want their own brand-consistant-showroom (ie all Bentley showrooms are supposed to look alike).

Zahir's lack of a franchise has nothing to do with money. Ferrari NA has literally dozens of people lined up with money, but can't justify more dealers without upping production, which they don't want to do. Basically, Ferrari doesn't need more dealers because they sell all the cars they build now anyways.

Mikey_008
02-27-2007, 11:53 PM
I work at Calgary BMW, and what I'm hearing is once the "NEW" Calgary BMW building is finished right new to Lexus Calgary, then Calgary BMW will be relocating to the new buliding!! And as for the current Calgary BMW dealership, it'll be turned into the offical Bentley Calgary dealership!

Oh and just to add, I got to drive the Coupe to the airport on Derrfoot to drop it off for the owner at the valet service! Damn that car is sexy!:thumbsup:

me&you
02-28-2007, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Mikey_008
I work at Calgary BMW, and what I'm hearing is once the "NEW" Calgary BMW building is finished right new to Lexus Calgary, then Calgary BMW will be relocating to the new buliding!! And as for the current Calgary BMW dealership, it'll be turned into the offical Bentley Calgary dealership!

Oh and just to add, I got to drive the Coupe to the airport on Derrfoot to drop it off for the owner at the valet service! Damn that car is sexy!:thumbsup:

Interesting...

The way TD was talking last week, the exotics would be in the new building too... maybe that will just be until the current building is renovated...

Those CGTs are nice, hey? Was the car you drove Black/Black?

jdmakkord
02-28-2007, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by LuxCars
^^^

im sure if he has all those cars that he currently has in his dealership he would be financially fit to open up a Ferrari dealership.

Maybe all of his money/credit is tied up in the cars he has in Zr.:dunno:

483hp
03-02-2007, 12:39 PM
What a lot of you guys don't realize is that the exotic dealerships generally are not viable businesses on their own. Its a tough business. The people who own these dealerships are making way more hay elsewhere and the motivation for the dealership is something else in most cases.

The western Canada franchise will never get broken up since their allocation is already small as it is. In order to maintain your allocation of a popular product (like an F430 or 599), you have to sell your quota of the 'unpopular' product (like 612's, Maseratis, etc.). I doubt Calgary will ever get a Ferrari dealership unless Vancouver opens a satellite location.

The brokers and operations like Zahir's have got the right formula given the market. Service and sales of used vehicles is very profitable and you aren't restricted to the amount and type of product that you can provide. Therefore they can focus on getting the good stuff without being burdened to move a disproportionate number of low demand cars.

It's kind of like Air Canada vs WestJet. Why would you want to be Air Canada when you can cherry pick the most profitable routes? Who do you think is going to make more money?

rogue
03-13-2007, 09:31 PM
there was a plan in the works for an exotic dealer of the italian persuasion at the base of the tower kinda like how benz was in there but those were loose plans also plans for converting the tower into an exclusive club but i dont think either will fly calgary is a rich oilpatch town everyone will get their 4x4 with 24s instead a few will get the exotics but truck is king in these parts..................unfortunatly.

oh yea and 9 cars at my house 6 are mine. i am dirt poor but hey they all run hehe.

Spoons
03-15-2007, 11:06 PM
About the 4-7 cars per family deal, and parents buying there 16 year olds cars, explains exactly why I like my parents. I see all these kids with there expensive cars that mommy and daddy bought for them, but do they have any respect for the cars themselves? Of coarse not, they will drive it hard, and they will drive it like a douche (I shouldn't say all will, but a majority) My parents can easily afford me a car, they have told me they can, but no, I drive a 1990 Grand Marquis... a big boat POS, but I am more happy with it because it is mine, it got handed down to me, I treat it well, I look after it, and when I buy that nice car for myself, I will respect it. I will have the self pride that I bought it with my own hard earned cash, and I will learn to drive it with respect, knowing my hard work went into. My parents are decently wealthy, but I am glad they don't buy everything my hearts contend, cause then I learn respect in life that some of these rich kids will.

De Dutch
03-17-2007, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by LEB MAFIA

Is that the place in forest lawn, the guy with the enzo? If so, he is fuckin GREEAAAASSSYYY.

Loud-N-Clear
03-19-2007, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by De Dutch

Is that the place in forest lawn, the guy with the enzo? If so, he is fuckin GREEAAAASSSYYY.

Thats the one...

Alpine Autowerks
04-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by 483hp
What a lot of you guys don't realize is that the exotic dealerships generally are not viable businesses on their own. Its a tough business.

The western Canada franchise will never get broken up since their allocation is already small as it is.

History disagrees

Most of you don't realize Calgary used to have a Ferrari dealership during the oil boom of the late 70's early 80's....I worked there as an apprentice. It was called Carriage Lane. They sold Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Jaguar, Porsche, Audi, DeLorean,(plus some other euro junk) and were working on Maserati when the Liberal government nuked our economy and taxed us back the stone ages. They sold more Rollers and Ferrari than the rest of the country combined and were the only dealer to carry an inventory. The store carried it's own weight for it's investors.

AllGoNoShow
04-29-2007, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Alpine Autowerks

History disagrees

Most of you don't realize Calgary used to have a Ferrari dealership during the oil boom of the late 70's early 80's....I worked there as an apprentice. It was called Carriage Lane. They sold Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Jaguar, Porsche, Audi, DeLorean,(plus some other euro junk) and were working on Maserati when the Liberal government nuked our economy and taxed us back the stone ages. They sold more Rollers and Ferrari than the rest of the country combined and were the only dealer to carry an inventory. The store carried it's own weight for it's investors.

Holly shit, never knew that. Thanks Marc!

l8braker
04-29-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Alpine Autowerks

History disagrees

Do you happen to have any old pictures you could scan and post?

Dayclone
04-29-2007, 07:03 PM
Saw a 2000 Dodge Viper the other day supercharged and has 650 WHP. It was sick wished I had the camera with me.

Steve