PDA

View Full Version : Paintless Dent Removal

Loud-N-Clear
11-05-2006, 06:54 PM
A couple of weeks ago, a friend of mine put a decent sized dent on the top of my door pillar trying to set my alarm off. It's just dented and isn't creased and it wont need any paint. Anyone know a good place to get it popped out, and about how much it will cost?

Dayclone
11-05-2006, 06:59 PM
I think it's called Color Auto or something like that in Airdrie.
There are also local dent repair stores but I think some beyonders
mentions that one of the dent store I don't recall is bad....

Steve

euro_racer
11-05-2006, 07:30 PM
i got my dents taken out at dent clinic...i think it is about 40-50$ for a dent, but don't take my word for it and call them up

lilmira
11-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Try DNT on memorial by Edmonton trail. I got mine done there about a month ago. I paid 60 and I'm very happy with it. I couldn't tell where the door ding was anymore. It took him about 10-15 min. But then it all depends on the size and the location. Talk to Ernie there, he seems like a nice guy and knows what he is doing.

sneek
11-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Hmm i wonder if someone could do PDR on really really small dents inflicted by some idiot with a shopping cart at Costco.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/mini-Accord_017red.JPG

notice the reflection is kind of funny above the front wheel well. :p small but it bugs me

sry i kind of hijacked the thread

lilmira
11-05-2006, 08:14 PM
Mine was about the size of a dime. I didn't believe they could fix it neither. So I stood there and watched when he did his thing. It was no rocket science but it certainly takes some skills. All he uses are some very simple tools. I believe small and sharp dent is harder to fix.

I'm glad that I got it out. It bugged the hell out of me every time I walked to my car.

Weapon_R
11-05-2006, 08:25 PM
They are experts at removing shopping cart dings. You won't know where the dent was anymore, but be sure they write down exactly what panels they'll fix or else they'll only do what you point out to them.

sneek
11-06-2006, 05:17 PM
:D thanks I'll give dent clinic a ring when i have some free time.

Crymson
11-30-2006, 05:30 PM
Who in Calgary does MOBILE paintless dent repair? My summer driver has some dings that need cleaning up, and i don't think my tires would even get me out of the driveway in it right now. I tried Jason at Dent Wizard, but he said they're booked up with dealerships so they're not doing mobile customers for a while?

howtovdos
09-12-2008, 02:29 AM
There are various ways to remove a dent without damaging the paint. Have a look at this interesting video Paintless Dent Removal (http://www.howtovdos.com/video/dp-video-1000021_How_To_Remove_a_Car_Body_Dent_Scratch_-_1.aspx?forceview=&lar=y) . This worked for me. Worth having a look.

97'Scort
09-12-2008, 02:38 AM
Wow old thread. Or you could just call Tomco_PDR, seeing as he's the resident PDR pro/sponsor for the site.