PDA

View Full Version : Cadillac CTS

snowboard
11-06-2006, 12:56 PM
Has anyone ever heard any horror stories about the cadillac cts? 2003-04?
I am kinda looking into one but i cant seem to find much about them.. anyone ever heard of chronic repeating problems with them that i should watch out for?

also whats your general opinion on them?

Mitsu3000gt
11-06-2006, 05:39 PM
In my opinion, they are built like crap, are not fast and have very cheap interiors with tons of plastic. They depreciate like rocks for a reason, as they are a collection of parts from the lowest bidders. That said, they are one of the better caddillacs but I would spend my money on almost anything else.

I don't know about their most common problems.

Jynx
11-06-2006, 05:49 PM
My mom has one and she loves it.

2003 with 95xxx KM, never had any problems.

A fair bit of plastic on the doors, but i guess to each their own rite.

I would recomend the car.
For the price of a 2003 its a great buy. It definetly has adequate powerand is extremelly comfortable.

andyg16
11-06-2006, 05:57 PM
the quality of caddis went down hill after 2000 i agree with Mitsu3000gt they started using crappy plastic moldings for the interior and dont have the luxury feel a cadillac should have

sneek
11-06-2006, 06:04 PM
It's really not a bad car. I don't find the interior cheap feeling at all. I think the regular CTS has wayy to many buttons but that can be solved by getting a -V :D

I think im going to get flamed for this but a Nissan Altima has a cheap interior and the cars not super cheap eather.

rc2002
11-06-2006, 06:06 PM
Like Mitsu3000gt said, those cars depreciate like crazy. Even buying a used one, you'll lose tons of money on the car. If you're ok with that, then I say go for it.

Cadillac = :bigpimp: They're some of the most comfortable cars I've ever ridden in.

benyl
11-06-2006, 07:38 PM
Don't get a CTS-V if you want it out of the shop...

Mitsu3000gt
11-07-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by sneek
It's really not a bad car. I don't find the interior cheap feeling at all. I think the regular CTS has wayy to many buttons but that can be solved by getting a -V :D

I think im going to get flamed for this but a Nissan Altima has a cheap interior and the cars not super cheap eather.

Nissan's are known to have average interiors, but I would still take a nissan interior over a caddy's. A friend of mine has a Nissan Armada and there are a couple questionable things in that interior considering the price of the vehicle.

If you don't find the caddy's interior cheap, have you ever been in a BMW/AUDI/Mercedes? If so, what do you think if their interior?

VF-1A
11-23-2006, 02:48 PM
When i was in towing i picked up a demo just outside of Carstairs. It was on is way to GSL from Edmonton. It had just under 500km's on it and the diff blew.

I'm back in auto parts at one of the authorized AC Delco distributors in Calgary and have sold numerous 4 wheel brake jobs for CTS's. If you want a damn near $400 brake job just for pads and rotors, pick one up right away.

AllGoNoShow
11-23-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by VF-1A
When i was in towing i picked up a demo just outside of Carstairs. It was on is way to GSL from Edmonton. It had just under 500km's on it and the diff blew.

I'm back in auto parts at one of the authorized AC Delco distributors in Calgary and have sold numerous 4 wheel brake jobs for CTS's. If you want a damn near $400 brake job just for pads and rotors, pick one up right away.

$400 for 8 pads and 4 rotors? Fuck yah I'll take that over my car any day.

benyl
11-23-2006, 02:59 PM
That is a pretty cheap brake job... haha

snowboard
11-23-2006, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by benyl
That is a pretty cheap brake job... haha

Not that i could afford a V, but what is wrong with them?

benyl
11-23-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by VF-1A
It had just under 500km's on it and the diff blew.

One of the bigger problems with the V.

3g4me
11-23-2006, 03:08 PM
Cts is nice, my grandfather has one and he likes it. I would get it in a second if it came in AWD.

z06power
12-17-2006, 12:04 PM
The CTS is a nice car, and the CTS-V is a great performance value. Drove the 255hp manual cts and loved it. Nice change from the same old boring mercedes and bmw's.