PDA

View Full Version : Averatec 3150H Laptop - Help needed

soupey
11-06-2006, 02:16 PM
hey, if anyone has this laptop could you please pm me? im in need of a copy of the restore cd's, it'd b great if someone could please help me out

thanks

Nate
11-06-2006, 04:40 PM
You can DL the stuff you need other than windows from thier website

Averatec (http://support.averatec.com/downloads.asp)

in*10*se
11-06-2006, 04:59 PM
i think i have a 3250.

i'm assuming u want the format and install cd's

soupey
11-06-2006, 05:28 PM
yea, the windows home ive downloaded off the net isnt working, and i read on some other forum that averatec laptops are finnicky about what cd's u use to restore the OS...and the person i bought the laptop from didnt have the original restore cd's...

im not 100% sure if other models will work on the laptop, on the averatec site they sell restore cd's but its retarded, they charge $11ish USD for the cd itself and ~$65 for shipping to canada:bullshit: , not including any duties or anything that may occur along the way...

so trying ot see if someone here on beyond can help me out, thanks for the response so far tho

dragonone
11-06-2006, 06:07 PM
go to the store u bought it from and ask them for restore cds
where i used to work, if you plead your case a bit, or if you have bought warranty, the manager will make them for you for free
and even if they charge you, it was $39 for the whole set last i checked

soupey
11-06-2006, 08:27 PM
bought it from a private seller

buuut i got it working now anyways, there was some messed up partitioning settings that were really screwing things up, but its all good now...

thanks for everyones help

:closed: