PDA

View Full Version : Catching Mouses

Diesel2005
11-06-2006, 06:24 PM
Does anyone here know how to catch a mouse? There is one running around my house and it was in my room yesterday night. My parents bought some of those sticky sheets, if the mouse steps on it the mouse won't move. Those don't seem to work since the mouse doesn't even go on it.

ANy tips???

CasperWho
11-06-2006, 06:26 PM
Use bait . peanut butter! :thumbsup:

turbo'dGSR
11-06-2006, 06:26 PM
Get a few good old fashioned mouse traps and some cheese or peanut butter. Ive seen them work plenty of times.

oh btw, it's catching "mice". ;)

stealth
11-06-2006, 06:27 PM
Mouse Traps? The old one with the spring? Perhaps some cheddar cheese?

Rat Poison?

dodger97
11-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Try taking a raisin, burn it and place it on the trap...works wonders.

88CRXGUY
11-06-2006, 07:12 PM
I put out a cracker with some cleaner on it and the damn mouse ate it, it didn't kill him though.

But yes use the penut butter it works...

88CRX
11-06-2006, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by 88CRXGUY
I put out a cracker with some cleaner on it and the damn mouse ate it, it didn't kill him though.

But yes use the penut butter it works...

are you kidding me? some cleaner on a cracker :rofl:

dont use rate poison in your house, unless you want a rotting mouse in your floor or where ever its hanging out.

Street_Soldier
11-06-2006, 07:21 PM
Get a cat

Diesel2005
11-06-2006, 07:27 PM
Right now i have cheese on the sticky sheet, maybe i should use peanut butter

paramedic
11-06-2006, 07:29 PM
a friend told me about this but never tried it. get a large pail that's pretty deep, fill the bottom with water, get a empty pop can, make a hole in the middle of both the top and bottom of the can, grab sum floss, thread it thru both holes, then like a tightrope tape both ends of thread to the side of the rim of ur pail, make a ramp going up to the string, position the pop can near the ramp and then place sum bait on that and the mouse will drown once it tries to get to the bait.

Black Dragon
11-06-2006, 07:30 PM
yes please use a mouse trap as its quick and painless, i remember being young and my dad using some kinda pink powder rat poison and as i was watching tv this mouse is dragging its back half of the body across the carpet (paralized), i followed it to its final resting spot where it was pussing yellow and blood....it still haunts me to this day :eek:

Charon
11-06-2006, 07:36 PM
A shotgun, even if you don't hit it you know your going to have lots of fun trying.....

Or you could use regular mouse traps with bacon, or the live mouse traps are pretty good as well. If you get a good one they can catch multiple mice then you can take em outside and step on em. To bad it cant finish the job.

Diesel2005
11-06-2006, 08:10 PM
i'll try it out tonight. lets hope i catch it

adidas
11-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Diesel2005
i'll try it out tonight. lets hope i catch it

Post some pictures when you catch him! So we can all point and laugh.

haha jk

harv91
11-06-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by adidas

Post some pictures when you catch him! So we can all point and laugh.

haha jk

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
lol if not just post some "spotted" threads of him running around your house.

HyperZell
11-06-2006, 09:58 PM
http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/products/04657_imageMain400.JPG

slick2404
11-06-2006, 10:05 PM
dont use cheese. it warms thier blood...its just a myth mice love cheese

schurchill39
11-06-2006, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by paramedic
a friend told me about this but never tried it. get a large pail that's pretty deep, fill the bottom with water, get a empty pop can, make a hole in the middle of both the top and bottom of the can, grab sum floss, thread it thru both holes, then like a tightrope tape both ends of thread to the side of the rim of ur pail, make a ramp going up to the string, position the pop can near the ramp and then place sum bait on that and the mouse will drown once it tries to get to the bait.

Funny you should mention this. We have a couple of these at work. Instead of the sting though we just a thin metal rod and a towel makes a good ramp. Although I have never seen it, it supposidly works.

I usually just throw some work gloves on and corner em.

topmade
11-06-2006, 10:20 PM
We used those metal cages at my old work and they worked very well. We ended up keeping the one mouse as a pet always letting it go and it will keep coming back into the same trap. This went on for a few months, then we got a new guy who killed it on the spot :cry:

djayz
11-06-2006, 10:25 PM
the sticky pads work great

just put it wherever you see the mouse running
i think we caught about 8 or so mice with those sticky things.

MrPid
11-06-2006, 10:32 PM
Hire a pro. They are worth the money.

They will come check it out and seal all leaks where they are getting in and leave traps wherever needed. The good ones will guarrantee their work.

Reality is that you probably have WAY more than just one mouse. Mice have a gestation period of 17 days with an average litter of 12 babies. The one you think you see may be more than one at this point already and if left unchecked the situation can get out of control.

It's also not something to take lightly. They carry hantavirus which can make you really ill.

AB Healthcare - Hantavirus (http://www.health.gov.ab.ca/public/dis_hantavirus.html)

zieg
11-06-2006, 10:36 PM
you did NOT just seriously call them 'mouses'...

Uh, anyway, peanut butter makes good bait. So does birdseed. Whenever one got in my house we would just put some of the above bait in one of those live capture things. Next morning we'd hear it rocking, pick it up and whip it into the field.

..Then we sealed the hole they were coming in through.

redblack
11-06-2006, 10:38 PM
had one last winter in my garage
so i used a sticky pad with some bacon bits in the middle
2 days later it was in the garbage

Kaos
11-06-2006, 10:41 PM
I've had 7 of them in my house.
Been using the victor traps with raisin's and peanut butter on top.
Caught them all the time.

Good luck catching it.

Sasuke_Kensai
11-06-2006, 10:48 PM
Cheese seemed to work just fine for me (always eaten within the day). They even stole it without setting off the trap a few times.

But, with peanut butter you can probably make it easier for them to set off the trap, since they can't just pull it out.

rony_espana
11-06-2006, 10:49 PM
:werd: MrPID

I read somewhere that if you manage to actually see a mouse it means that you got a lot of them.

I would hire a pro that guarantees to get rid of them.

rbau493
11-07-2006, 12:20 AM
Put the traps against a wall, mice will 90% of the time move against a wall or cupboard etc.

QUINN
11-07-2006, 02:07 AM
take an old microwave, plug it in on the floor, peanut butter in the middle, wait till it goes inside, cook on high for 2 mins, now you have cooked bait for the next one!

tapout
11-07-2006, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by CasperWho
Use bait . peanut butter! :thumbsup: :werd: x2

Si_FlyGuy
11-07-2006, 08:40 AM
I read that there's this mouse poison called Tomcat that you can buy at Home Depot. It basically dries the mouse inside out and turns it into dust with minimal smell. It's not pet friendly though.

collectskulls
11-07-2006, 08:57 AM
Just do not borrow this cat to catch it
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a350/collectskulls/cid_002401c6f7ce1166a0e06601a8c0Cha.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a350/collectskulls/cid_002001c6f7ce1166a0e06601a8c0Cha.jpg

Gotrek
11-07-2006, 03:13 PM
Having just caught one of my own here is a very good method.

Buy the old style spring traps.

Put cotton gauze on the trigger and sew it to the trigger with string. Put Peanut butter on the gauze set the trap with the trigger facing a wall. Clsoe to the mouse house if you know where it is.

Wait a few days (mine worked within hours)

If you catch nothing move the traps, mice visit 50 different spots and nibble every night so keep everything around the hosue clean no crumbs anywhere,

The reason the trap works is the mouse's teeth get stuck in the gauze when they pull away the trigger snaps. It has a 100% higher success rate then bait alone.

I had set all my traps without gauze at first and for 2 days they were always cleaned off but not set-off.

If you have rats... Same technique but with Rat traps and you'll want to anchor the trap to the wall as rats usually drag the trap after being caught. yes they are strong fuckers

89coupe
11-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

are you kidding me? some cleaner on a cracker :rofl:

dont use rate poison in your house, unless you want a rotting mouse in your floor or where ever its hanging out.

Poison for killing mice use a chemical that drys the mouse out, they don't rot.

They sell some really good mouse traps at Home Depot, they kind of look like this.

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/images/trex.jpg

hussein
11-08-2006, 11:46 AM
do these things create alot of splatter of blood?

89coupe
11-08-2006, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by hussein
do these things create alot of splatter of blood?

They don't even break the skin, just the bones.

ugotahondaeh?
11-08-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe

Poison for killing mice use a chemical that drys the mouse out, they don't rot.

They sell some really good mouse traps at Home Depot, they kind of look like this.

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/images/trex.jpg

oh shit, I would be afraid to set that thing! :nut:

eur0
11-08-2006, 01:35 PM
looks like a vicious pacman