http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36470

And another one that isn't as good:

http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=35367

dj_rice
11-06-2006, 06:52 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SilverBoost
11-06-2006, 09:09 PM
Wow.... that sucks. I never trust just my ebrake. Always leave it in gear. And if it's on a grade I'll shut the car off if I'm getting out. The e-brake on SPEC Vs suck ass too.... although not that bad.

Honda_002
11-06-2006, 09:15 PM
hahah, thats why I always leave my car in gear:rofl:

theken
11-06-2006, 09:21 PM
i have never left any of my cars in gear just pull it up all the way, theres no way it should roll or move, if it does, get your e-brake fixed cause it is a piece of shit

adidas
11-06-2006, 09:22 PM
Man that sucks but funny at the same time!

codepoet101
11-06-2006, 09:26 PM
yeah i trust my e brake 100%

Gondi Stylez
11-06-2006, 09:32 PM
^^ :werd:

bspot
11-07-2006, 01:08 AM
Apparently the ebrakes on the cobalts with the disc brakes suck hard. I've noticed that if I park on someones driveway and don't want to leave it in gear so I can remote start it, I have to really yank up on it to hold a hill. That said, its always held.

stevieo
11-07-2006, 01:51 AM
wow that SUCKS!

now im kinda paraniod.. the only time I leave it in gear is when I park on a really really steep hill, usually in regular parking lots and in front of my house just pull the e-brake all the way.

Cruz
11-07-2006, 02:02 AM
I have never parked in gear and don't intend to. I don't really see that happening to a euro car but you never know.

Annoyingrob
11-07-2006, 02:30 AM
That first one was quite funny. I can just imageine it:
"Oh shit, someone stole my car!"
..minutes, or even seconds later.....
"SON OF A BITCH!"

I guess cobalts just like to go for swims.

I think this thread makes everyone paranoid about their e-brakes. I always leave my car in neutral with the brake on, but never really wondered if my brake was bad.

bspot
11-07-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Cruz
II don't really see that happening to a euro car but you never know.

:werd: I heard things don't break in euro cars.

Aleks
11-07-2006, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by bspot

:werd: I heard things don't break in euro cars.

:rofl:

mx73someday
11-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Next time I see a parked Cobalt out of gear, Im gonna try pushing it.

Mr_ET
11-07-2006, 05:28 PM
the e brake on my 1991 civic has been working wonderfully for the last 15 years :)

let's turn this thread into a domestic import war again! yay:D

takes out popcorn...

CivicTunr
11-07-2006, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by mx73someday

:rofl: :rofl:

tentacles
11-07-2006, 05:35 PM

And then after it goes into the ditch, show the owner some nice pictures of great JDM cars with reliable E-brakes they could buy? :thumbsup:

Friend of mine's Integra actually rolled into the Glenbow Resevoir because his ebrake line snapped. Nice insurance payoff for him.

DoubleLP
11-07-2006, 05:35 PM
I always park my car with the e-brake and in gear. As long as I have not set up the remote start which then of course I can not leave it in gear.

If either one fails, the other should prevent things like the car taking off from happening.

ricefarmer
11-07-2006, 05:40 PM
what a tool:rofl:

scat19
11-07-2006, 06:39 PM
shitty

euro_racer
11-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by SilverBoost
The e-brake on SPEC Vs suck ass too.... although not that bad.

:werd: when i was selling my old spec v the guy took it to some shop and they commented/failed the car for the e-brake lol...and then took it to nissan and they said it is completely common for them to be like that :thumbsdow

i dont think it is a matter of import vs domestic here but i agree never to trust the e brake and park it in gear

LilDrunkenSmurf
11-07-2006, 09:51 PM
MY left ebrake cable snapped, so I only have the right cable (I have new ones... but the old ones wont come out >.<) So I ALWAYS leave it in gear and still use the ebrake.. it works, but i'm still nervous about it.

trikypenguin
11-07-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Annoyingrob

I guess cobalts just like to go for swims.

haha i don't know what it is but thats the funniest thing i've read in a while :nut: :rofl:

Hoey
11-07-2006, 09:58 PM
That forum is fucking rediculous. SS Cobalts! SWWEEEET:rolleyes:

SilverBoost
11-07-2006, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by euro_racer

:werd: when i was selling my old spec v the guy took it to some shop and they commented/failed the car for the e-brake lol...and then took it to nissan and they said it is completely common for them to be like that :thumbsdow

i dont think it is a matter of import vs domestic here but i agree never to trust the e brake and park it in gear

yeah if anyone has seen me doing a burnout at the track they might have noticed I can't hold that thing there for long.... I always thought that the rear tires woudl drag out of teh box until I saw a video and they just turn. That's with me holding back on the e-brake as far as it'll go.... complete garbage.

And as for remote start, that's one of the reasons I wouldn't get it on a standard because you'd have to leave it out of gear. I'd never trust it personally. I always park with both.

Arthur Dent
11-08-2006, 12:19 AM
at least it didn't go nose first ...

bspot
11-08-2006, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Hoey

Thats what happens when you end up with a whole bunch of 17 year old ex-Jbody owners in one spot. That place sucks thoroughly.

brandon
11-08-2006, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by Hoey

wtf is wrong with an Cobalt SS?

Ashkente
11-08-2006, 03:06 AM
Why not park in gear? Guaranteed it won't move unless your clutch is made of glass. Not like you can start any newer cars in gear anyhow. If you can, fix your switch :P

SilverBoost
11-08-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by brandon

wtf is wrong with an Cobalt SS?

Yeah, I don't get the hate toward the Cobalt. I see it as a sign of CHEV finally getting it right. They've come a long way from the Cavalier.

jasonrx-7
11-08-2006, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by theken
i have never left any of my cars in gear just pull it up all the way, theres no way it should roll or move, if it does, get your e-brake fixed cause it is a piece of shit

:werd:

tictactoe2004
11-08-2006, 10:58 AM
Or... since he "always" leaves it in gear... he pulled into the parking spot, thought about shutting his car off and putting it in gear then said "fuck it" but in the rush he was in forgot to pull the parking break and it just slowly rolled back... I just find the one pick of the window half down and the ebrake all the way up a little strange.... give me a break, thats not a big incline at all and that ebrake is all the way up..

I call :bullshit:

mikestypes
11-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Ashkente
Why not park in gear? Guaranteed it won't move unless your clutch is made of glass. Not like you can start any newer cars in gear anyhow. If you can, fix your switch :P

Why not?? Because with zero oil pressure in the engine, the parts stopping your car from moving are metal on metal (ie: your crank and rod bearings).

bspot
11-09-2006, 01:14 PM
My Dad just told me a pretty funny story related to this. Last weekend when we got the huge snow he moved my mom's car out of their garage so he could dig out the snow shovels. Its an automatic, so at the very least he had it in park. When he went back out the car was in the middle of the street because the driveway was so icy it just slid down :rofl: