PDA

View Full Version : light blue green chevy truck

ga16i
11-06-2006, 08:08 PM
Spottd a light blue green chevy light truck being towed by A Chief towing... unless chevy made a FWD light truck that also happens to have a pumpkin in the rear, something didn't look quite right. That truck was being towed with the front wheels up and the rear wheels dragging. It entered Deerfoot from Anderson at around 6:15pm tonight. If your truck is more F*@#ed up than before, this maybe why :)

Annoyingrob
11-07-2006, 02:23 AM
I think they do that because if they towed it with the front wheels on the ground instead, they would turn, and can send the truck off course. It's a lot easier to stick it in neutral, or disconnect the driveshaft then to lock the front wheels up.

alienman
11-07-2006, 02:55 AM
No i use to drive tow truck, if it is a 4x4 and you can't unlock the hubs or put the transfer case in nuetral then you either deck it or dolly it, or remove the rear drive shaft. The only other thing is if it is a standard then you can put it in nuetral and tow with the rear wheels down. Otherwise you tow from the back, the steering locks when the vehicle is off as well you can use the seatbelt through the steering wheel just for that added safety and the truck or car for that matter will follow behind the tow truck no problems.