PDA

View Full Version : Digital Picture Enlargement / Developing

koopkoop2
11-06-2006, 09:42 PM
I have some professional photos taken that I received the JPG files for. I want to get them printed and possibly enlarged. Can anyone recommend a good place to get this done. I don't mind paying a little more, if it means the quality will be better.

Ben
11-06-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by koopkoop2
I have some professional photos taken that I received the JPG files for. I want to get them printed and possibly enlarged. Can anyone recommend a good place to get this done. I don't mind paying a little more, if it means the quality will be better.

What are the original sizes of these JPG's and do you have print authority from the photographer.

Try the Photo Experts in upstairs TD square. It has Beyond.ca support ;)

koopkoop2
11-09-2006, 10:39 PM
Mods, can you please move this thread to General?

BerserkerCatSplat
11-10-2006, 12:51 AM
^Why? Ben already told you the best place to get them printed. Run-of-the-mill places like Black's will fuck with your exposures. (Trust me, I had some prints done by them today for the hell of it, and they completely changed the exposure of two shots.)

Also, as Ben mentioned, be sure you have the professional's permission to be printing the images.

koopkoop2
11-11-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
^Why? Ben already told you the best place to get them printed. Run-of-the-mill places like Black's will fuck with your exposures. (Trust me, I had some prints done by them today for the hell of it, and they completely changed the exposure of two shots.)

Also, as Ben mentioned, be sure you have the professional's permission to be printing the images.

Not sure how you do things, but I don't usaully accept the first person's response to a post as gospel and completely ignore what anyone else might have to say.

msommers
11-11-2006, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by koopkoop2

Not sure how you do things, but I don't usaully accept the first person's response to a post as gospel and completely ignore what anyone else might have to say.

Take a look at Ben's pictures and say that again. He's reputuable when it comes to photography from what I've read on here. Good luck!

clem24
11-12-2006, 01:38 AM
Hey try Costco. The only reason why I tell you is b/c they are cheap. It's $2.99 for 12x18, which is their largest size!! You can upload your pic directly to costco.ca, then choose your store where you want to pick them up.

When you're uploading, just check the box that says "do not modify" so that their printers don't apply any curves to it. For $2.99, it's a very small investment, so really, there's nothing to lose. I've had a few printed from them and I think for the price, it's really hard to beat. :thumbsup:

speedracer
11-12-2006, 02:30 AM
I go to Photo Experts as well for Photo's. :thumbsup: