PDA

View Full Version : Fs: 1993 Rx-7 18,500

Crymson
11-07-2006, 01:38 PM
Hi!

I've been out to a few meets this year, and i was at Mazda in the moutains, some folks have seen this car.

The pictures i'm using are not credited to me -- I don't have a digital camera. 2 are from Mazda in the Mountains, and one is from a friend over the summer.

I bought this car over the summer, but want to sell it now because there is another RX-7 that i want to pick up for considerably more money.

Car has 125,xxx orginal Km's
Tire tread is very good.

Modifications are all the reliability mods:

Apexi Turbo Timer
Dowpipe (eliminates Pre-Cat)
Intake
Aluminum AST (very important)

3 problems with the car

1 -- the previous owner had a break-in, and the steering colum switches were replaced. When they were replaced, something was wired backwards/incorrecly, so the highbeams and lowbeam light functions are reversed

2 -- reverse lights do not illuminate. I doubt it's the bulbs, but likely the switch on the transmission not registering reverse being in gear

3 -- break rotors need to be machined, there is some noticable warpage when braking.

I know alot of people are interested in RX-7's because they're pretty, and i'm not trying to dissuade anyone from purchasing one, but if you're only a casual rx-7 fan and are interested in my car, i would suggest you check out the following rx-7 faq's and how to guides because there are some issues with rx-7's that are endemic, and a thorough buyer should know.

How to buy a used 3rd gen rx-7 (http://www.rx7.org/Robinette/buyaused.htm)

When i purchased this car, about 3k km's ago (June). I had a pre-purchase inspection done at Kramer Mazda, serious buyers are definately entitled to this information.

I also ran Carproof on the vehicle, and i should still have it.

Pics (From msprotege.com's mazda in the mountains thread)

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=88836
http://www.msprotege.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=89023

This pic is from my friend

http://members.shaw.ca/blue_fc3s/Tim/IMG_0047%20(Large).jpg

Overall, the car is in very good condition. The interior is in remarkably good condition. This car is a base model, so has cloth seats isnstead of leather. However, the cloth seats hold up alot better than the leather ones did over the last 14 years. The 93's had very bad interior trim pieces, which often peeled very unpleasantly -- i beleive this car had the peeling pieces replaced under warrantee and have the 94 texture, with no peeling or scratches.

I would rate the interior a 8/10 (10 being brand new car, and 1 being a rat infested pickup truck found in a ditch)

The exterior is in good shape, no major dents or scrateches. I'd give it a 7/10, 10 being showroom paint and body, 1 being rusted out 1976 chevette with a duct-tape and cellophane rear window.

The front end is chipped, and the front fascia is warped and slightly faded/off colour -- the warping is due to 213 degree farenheit rad temps, it's very common on 3rd gens. (lost of people have installed 2nd gen thermostat switches which engage the fans at a much lower temp) Most people don't notice unless they're less than 3-4 feet from the car, but honesty is the best policy when you're selling a car. If one was so inclined, mazda sells a new front bumper for 800 ish, but there is a plethora of aftermarket body kits, and most people get the updated 99' front end like what Jamez_sti did with his.

The car is a Calgary car. I'm the 3rd owner, and when i had the car inpsected at Kramer, it showed it as being the original owners car, so it was likely purchased from Kramer Mazda in 1993.

I'm not going to be listing the car publically, only on a handful of enthusiast sites, if i don't sell it, i will keep it.

Again, price is 18.500$, i'm not looking to trade for anything, unless it's some kind of ridiculous deal trade, but i don't think that will happen. I'm not looking to take any offers on the car, i understand people are looking for good deals, and I've never sold a car on beyond so i don't what to expect with regardes to low-ball pm's and such.

I'm definatley looking to send this car "to the right home" if i do sell it, ideally, someone with rx-7 experience, and enthusiasm.

Please PM me, we'll see what we can do about test drives, but the car's lived in a garage it's whole life, so It would be shame to have to drive it in the salt.

If i eventually decide that i can't part with the car, please forgive me.

-Tim