PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Tire Deals

Lanks
11-07-2006, 05:40 PM
Just a heads up... Canadian tire in shawnessy is having a grand re-opening sale (maybe all of them??) Anyways there is some really good sales on some shit. I picked up a plastic job-mate tool box containing
-Hammer
-3 assorted pliers
-level
-util knife
-Socket/screwdriver bit set
-tape measure
-drill bit set
-6 screw drivers

FOR 10 BUCKS!!

Its not the greatest of quality of course but for 10 bucks you can't go wrong. Good enough stuff for an amateur anyways

rc2002
11-07-2006, 05:46 PM
Jobmate FTL. That stuff is just as bad as princess auto stuff. Sockets don't fit properly, and it just feels cheaply made.

Mastercraft FTW. It's cheap and has lifetime warranty. I'm sure they have some Mastercraft if it's a grand opening sale.

sneek
11-07-2006, 05:52 PM
not all mastercraft stuff has a lifetime warranty. I know all the Maximum stuff does.

thesmackdown
11-07-2006, 06:29 PM
We've twisted those wrenches to the point of snapping.

SNAP-ON is the way to go!

Lanks
11-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
Jobmate FTL. That stuff is just as bad as princess auto stuff. Sockets don't fit properly, and it just feels cheaply made.

Mastercraft FTW. It's cheap and has lifetime warranty. I'm sure they have some Mastercraft if it's a grand opening sale.

Its cheap stuff for sure... for 10 bucks i figured it was worth it

dave5473
11-07-2006, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by thesmackdown
We've twisted those wrenches to the point of snapping.

SNAP-ON is the way to go!

I prefer my mastercraft wrenches to my snap on ones. Snap on wrenches are really thin and feel like there cutting into your hand when pulling hard and the jaws spread just as fast as the mastercraft ones.

Hash_man
11-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Jobmate is garbage... I have broken many of their sockets. Mastercraft is great though if you're on a budget.

bituerbo
11-07-2006, 07:32 PM
Jobmate shit isn't worth it for the hassle. It's not about oh it was $10 jobmate kit who cares if it breaks - why not by a $30 mastercraft kit which is well made, and won't leave you stranted halfway through a job having to find a way to get back to canadian tire because your car is on jack stands with the suspension removed. - personal experience

I wouldn't get my mom a jobmate kit for hanging pictures on a wall.

Tik-Tok
11-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Whatever works best for the job FTW!

I've got Snap-on, Mac, Mastercraft, Craftsman, and Powerfist (princess auto shite). It's all useful in one way or another.

(Though the powerfist is mostly for modifying to specific applications, you won't catch me grinding down a Snap-on wrench)

3G
11-07-2006, 10:02 PM
Jobmate sucks ass, i bought a box similar to urs 400 something piece, first time i used the ratchet it broke so i returned it

adam c
11-07-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by bituerbo
Jobmate shit isn't worth it for the hassle. It's not about oh it was $10 jobmate kit who cares if it breaks - why not by a $30 mastercraft kit which is well made, and won't leave you stranted halfway through a job having to find a way to get back to canadian tire because your car is on jack stands with the suspension removed. - personal experience

I wouldn't get my mom a jobmate kit for hanging pictures on a wall.

Originally posted by Hash_man
Jobmate is garbage... I have broken many of their sockets. Mastercraft is great though if you're on a budget.

i had a jobmate and was working on the suspension on my car.. i snapped the ratchet and sliced my wrist almost to the bone on the rotor cover and i had no way to get my car back together until my friend could pick me up
fucking pain in the ass!

Speed_69
11-07-2006, 10:33 PM
yea i was going to buy a 90 something piece jobmate kit because it was on sale but then my dad was like don't buy that stuff, it's cheap crap so i ended up not buying it. sure glad i didn't after hearing everyone's experience.

Mastercraft FTW:thumbsup:

nusneak
11-07-2006, 11:45 PM
Those jobmate tool kits are fucking junk.. They should not even be in a store let alone charging people money for them, I got a mastercraft toolset on sale awhile ago... Well really the 'sale' price would have been a more reasonable regular price because I never would have payed the crazy regular price they were asking.

rusich
11-08-2006, 12:04 AM
There is an old British saying: "We are not rich enough to buy cheap stuff."

Lanks
11-08-2006, 12:11 AM
haha me=owned! at least it was only for 10 bucks!