PDA

View Full Version : Nigerian Money scam.... hopefully ownage.

natejj
11-07-2006, 05:50 PM
I Figure I will play this out, see how far I can get. This is the email I got, that started it.

FROM THE DESK OF Mr,ZONGO FADA.
AUDITING AND ACCOUNTING MANAGER,
AFRICA DEVELOPMENT BANK(A.D.B)
OUAGADOUGOU-BURKINA FASO.
WEST AFRICA.
TELE/00226 78878542

Dear Friend,

I am Mr, Zongo Fada manager of Auditing and Accounting department of AFRICA DEEVLOPMENT BANK(A.D.B) here in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.In my department we discovered an abandoned sum of US$10.5m dollars in an account that belongs to one of our foreign customer who died along with his entire family in July 2003 in a plane crash.

Since we got information about his death, we have been expecting his next of kin to come over and claim his money because we cannot release it unless some body applies for it as next of kin or relation to the deceased as indicated in our banking guidlines and laws but unfortunately we learnt that all his supposed next of kin or relation died alongside with him at the plane crash leaving nobody behind for the claim.

It is therefore upon this discovery that I now decided to make this business proposal to you and release the money to you as the next of kin or relation to the deceased for safety and subsequent disbursement since nobody is coming for it and we don't want this money to go into the bank treasury as unclaimed bill.

The banking law and guidline here stipulates that if such money remained unclaimed after fours years, the money will be transfered into the bank treasury as unclaimed fund. The request of foreigner as next of kin in this business is occassioned by the fact that the customer was a foreigner and Burkinabe cannot stand as next of kin to a foreigner.

I agree that 30% of this money will be for you as a respect to the provision of a foriegn account , 10% will be set aside for expenses incurred during the business and 60% would be for me Thereafter, I will visit your country for disbursement according to the percentage indicated Therefore, to enable the immediate transfer of this fund to you arranged,you must apply first to the bank as relation or next of kin of the deceased with a text of application form that i will send to you when i hear from you,so i will like you to send to me your private telephone and fax number for easy and effective communication and location where in the money will be remitted.

Upon receipt of your reply, I will send to you by fax or email the text of the application . I will not fail to bring to your notice this transaction is hitch-free and that you should not entertain any atom of fear as all required arrangements have been made for the transfer. You should contact me immediately as soon as you receive this letter.Trusting to hear from you immediately.

Yours Faithfully;
ZONGO FADA

I responded with

Dear ZONGO FADA

I am terribly sorry to hear about the loss of life of one of your faithful customers in the plane crash in 2003. I am interested in helping anyways I can.... please let me know what I have to do. Thank you for contacting me.

Nathan J.

Let the fun begin!

teggypimp95
11-07-2006, 05:54 PM
I got about 10 differnt emails like that when i had a certain item on ebay for sale, They were all offering me a larger amount of money then i was asking. They all asked if i would ship to nigeria. I contacted ebay and pay pal and found out its just a big scam. There are many differnt styles and types of it going around. Dont waste your time. If you reply to them, they send your email to many differnt other users; To send you advertizment, spam, try to hack and what not (this info from ebay and pay pal).

Cant believe you replied to that lol

AcuraTl
11-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
I got about 10 differnt emails like that when i had a certain item on ebay for sale, They were all offering me a larger amount of money then i was asking. They all asked if i would ship to nigeria. I contacted ebay and pay pal and found out its just a big scam. There are many differnt styles and types of it going around. Dont waste your time. If you reply to them, they send your email to many differnt other users; To send you advertizment, spam, try to hack and what not (this info from ebay and pay pal).

Cant believe you replied to that lol

happens alot on ebay, i mean daily, i got hit every single time i listed my celly (they won the phone and wanted me to send it to nigeria), the funniest one was the lord of the "sun" festival..play it out if u can, many people already have :)

TurboMedic
11-07-2006, 07:18 PM
I've gotten the $5000 cheques from them before, look real, feel real....had fun with it, played up the whole "thanks for the money, waiting for a phone call" shit.....they stopped replying!

japancar
11-07-2006, 07:21 PM
Funny about that. We got hit with forged cheques from Uganda and South Africa. They would send real cheques that were stolen from companies, and the scammers would just put our company name on it. Luckily my bank in Japan said they may not be real, and sure enough, they all came back as forgeries. We didn't send out any cars and didn't lose any money, only time. What a learning experience; we could have lost over 100,000 dollars in cars...