PDA

View Full Version : alcohol+pills=?

dave101
11-07-2006, 10:35 PM
just didnt know who else ask but you guys:thumbsup:

would it be harmful to me if i had a drink or 2 while being on zoloft? i'm not sure of the effects

dj_rice
11-07-2006, 10:36 PM
It doesnt say on the box?

adam c
11-07-2006, 10:44 PM
usually any pills mixed with alcohol is bad news

Hydr0nik
11-08-2006, 12:37 AM
Its not recommended but I used to be on it and i drank and i had no side effects so...

3G
11-08-2006, 12:47 AM
i wouldnt take a/d with alcohol

euro_racer
11-08-2006, 01:00 AM
usually alcohol + medicine/pills = bad

3G
11-08-2006, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by euro_racer
usually alcohol + medicine/pills = bad

especially antidepressants

BigShow
11-08-2006, 01:13 AM
You'll end up throwing up.

Lo)2enz0
11-08-2006, 01:53 AM
unless you have a death wish, stay away from mixing the 2

your health is more important than getting wasted

Gondi Stylez
11-08-2006, 02:27 AM
^^ :werd:

A/D's + alcohol doesnt sound like a great situation either!

Finish ur dosages for Zoloft and then go have a few rounds with the boys! The beer isnt going anywhere :)

GTS Jeff
11-08-2006, 01:26 PM
I believe the general reasoning is that when your liver is working its balls off to metabolize whatever drug you're already taking, it has less time to metabolize the alcohol in your system, so the alcohol sticks around for longer...meaning you get moe drunk for moe longer.

Same reason why you don't take painkillers to cure hangovers.

Hanzo
11-08-2006, 01:43 PM
plus if you're on A/D, you shouldn't get drunk... it'll mess up your mood and stuff. there's always plenty of time to get wasted once you're off the A/D. so just take it easy for now until you're ready :D

dave101
11-09-2006, 10:50 PM
i could be on zoloft for the rest of my life guys. Not that i'm clinically depressed or wahtever, but u can tell when your off of it. i dunno. i'm kinda baked right now.

but one of you said you drank while you were on it.......i guess thats good enough for me

edit: oh ya, i'm doin jagerbombs saturday and its only my second time to drink.........the last time was last year.

haha.......shiett

Delta
11-13-2006, 09:00 PM
Don't do it man, especially if it's your second time. It may not say on the package or whatever, still doesn't mean you can. If you feel pressured to drink just say yer driving or you have something early in the morning. I'm on Acutane and my doctor advises not to drink, my liver will get fucked and i might not get to drink after, which would suck.

infected
11-13-2006, 09:05 PM
Big no no.

Hydr0nik
11-13-2006, 09:34 PM
most if not all scripted pills get tested withh alcohol and tobacco as modifiers as they are real world yhings that are likely to be interacted with whatever you are taking. Tylenol is supposed to be bad for your liver if you drink alot...drinking alot is bad for your liver tylenol makes it a little worse..anything in moderation will not hurt you..(hard drugs excluded).. dont get drunk all the time as alcohol is a depressant. Just use your head..

doublet
11-20-2006, 11:24 PM
I have gone through the pharmaceuticals guide and edited a bunch but here is what I can find. The big thing is the drugs action. It selectively inhibits serotonin reuptake.

Zoloft
sertraline

Contraindications/Cautions
hypersens. to drug/class/compon.see
MAO inhibitor use w/in 14 days
disulfiram use (oral sol)
caution in pediatric/adolescent pts
caution if impaired liver fxncaution in elderly pts
caution if volume depletion
caution if diuretic usecaution if seizure disorder
caution if mania/hypomania
caution in pregnancy >20 wks
avoid abrupt withdrawal
caution if alcohol use

Use alcohol cautiously. Alcohol may increase drowsiness or dizziness while taking sertraline.

Rockski
11-21-2006, 05:29 AM
i belive in moderation, if im on meds, i slow down to one or 2 beers and get FUCKED UP, just like now... but thats where i draw the line... and atleast i know when to do that