PDA

View Full Version : Pinks All Out

GC84ever
11-08-2006, 09:57 PM
So what does everybody think of this new version of Pinks that starts near the end of the month of Nov?
From the website (http://www.speedtv.com/features/855/) it's supposed to be Heads-up all the time, cars will be 9 sec cars, and for cash instead of taking the other car.

I like the last detail best. Because on the regular show you always see (relatively) cheap cars battling it out. So it basically all domestics, since you can build a 10sec muscle car for example for a whole lot less than say a 10sec import. Because who would dare take a chance of losing a $80K Skyline to a $40K mustang/camaro?
But now that it's for a cash prize I think alot of import cars will be entering since they won't be losing their very valuable car. Personally I can't wait to see a GT-R R34 or Supra take on a built muscle car.

Bad news is they'll still be using the same host though. And I hate that guy; oh and his annoying brother also.

n1zm0
11-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by GC84ever
Bad news is they'll still be using the same host though. And I hate that guy; oh and his annoying brother also.

http://www.speedtv.com/_assets/library/img/allout_160x600.gif :banghead:

yes more imports vs domestics, but this cash prize defeats the purpose of the show's title. :dunno:

and the host is annoying as fk

B20EF
11-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

but this cash prize defeats the purpose of the show's title. :dunno:

:werd: They'll have to change it to browns ($100 bills)

euro_racer
11-08-2006, 11:29 PM

yes more imports vs domestics, but this cash prize defeats the purpose of the show's title. :dunno:

euro_racer
11-08-2006, 11:29 PM

hahahahah YOU BASTARD!!! i was going to post that picture up too LOL....what a goof that host is :banghead:

sneek
11-08-2006, 11:39 PM
did they already have this before? I remember something with the wooly mamoth..I haven't watched pinks in ages thanks to school.

BTW: domestics aren't that cheap to build! there are the guys that are really serious and put in hundred of thousands into their camaros vs people who put hundreds of thousands into their imports.

Hash_man
11-09-2006, 12:13 AM
I think it'll be more entertaining than the current pinks... its so annoying watching one guy show up with a waaay slower car, and wanting a like 8 car lead... thats retarded.

Heads up is definately the way to go... And yes the host is a douchebag :guns:

sneek
11-09-2006, 12:17 AM
lol i remember this one guy got 20 lengths. If your car needs 20 lengths to have an even race... you shouldn't be racing!

Eken9
11-09-2006, 01:12 AM
You just represented IMPORTS.

Vietsta
11-09-2006, 01:16 AM
they had a 240 on there a couple of weeks ago but it had a dodge engine in it or something. never saw the engine

B17a
11-09-2006, 10:05 AM
I watched it this morning, some ugly ass Monte Carlo spanking around these guys in a turbo 300Z I think, the old school ones. Both were ugly and both were annoying crews.

Cruz
11-09-2006, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by sneek
did they already have this before? I remember something with the wooly mamoth..I haven't watched pinks in ages thanks to school.

BTW: domestics aren't that cheap to build! there are the guys that are really serious and put in hundred of thousands into their camaros vs people who put hundreds of thousands into their imports.

Hundreds of thousands? Not quite, bud.

GC84ever
11-09-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by sneek

Sorry you must have misread what i wrote

I like the last detail best. Because on the regular show you always see (relatively) cheap cars battling it out. So it basically all domestics, since you can build a 10sec muscle car for example for a whole lot less than say a 10sec import. Because who would dare take a chance of losing a $80K Skyline to a $40K mustang/camaro?

From the times I watched the show some teams only spend a month or as little as a week building there cars, or they say its a junk car with some power mods.

I'm also sure it's a lot cheaper to make a V8 have 400-500hp compared to a typical import 4 banger.