PDA

View Full Version : 350z rims and tires

Shaad
11-09-2006, 12:23 AM
Thinking of getting rid on my 18" ray's and going to 17" on my 350. I want same size rims on all 4 wheels or atleast find a cheeper alternative to my current setup.

Right now Im running 225/40/18 front, and 245/40/18 rear. aspect ratio is suppose to be 45 though. anyway...

Anyone out there change their 350z wheels? or anyone know anything about tires and rim setups? Or can make recommendations? I want to find that happy medium between decent grip/performance and CHEEP!!!(enfisis on cheep tires)

thanx

Quiesco
11-09-2006, 03:10 PM
Do you have brembo's? If so, finding a 17" rim that will fit is do-able, but challenging.

Also, why have you chosen to run a 40 series tire instead of 45? Is it really cheaper? And running a non-staggered set-up will only save you like $10-20; is that really worth it?

If you're really strapped for cash maybe just go with cheaper brand tires, or buy a slightly used set of the forum.

Good luck!

rc2002
11-09-2006, 03:48 PM
:werd: I think it was just the track pack that came with Ray's wheels... It wouldn't be hard to find aftermarket wheels that could clear the brembos.

I personally would leave the 18's on. Why drive a nice car and downgrade it? 17's look terrible on that car.

Shaad
11-09-2006, 08:38 PM
the reason I running 40s instead of 45 is becuase of that tire sale resently at kal-tire. I wanted 45, but they didnt make them for the tire that was on sale(falcon ZE512) and offered me a doubled the price set of tires, so I told them just put 40s on for now. They cost me $800 including labour, taxes and all that. I figured good enough for now while I think of what Im going to do with rims and such.

I have the brembo brake setup yeah, I like the 18" but 17" seem a lot more common so I thought more of those tires sizes are produced, which in turn would have nicer sales once and a while(hopfully)

I dont want to sacrifice performance really, 17" should be fine. I just dont like the idea of a slightly different tire costs a whole lot less. I wants deals too!

wish I could see a 350 with 17" on to see... if its too ugly I'll keep 18" and look for a cheeper setup for that. Another problem is finding a buyer for my old stock rims..