PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine, Opening day tomorrow 11/10 who will be there?

Redlyne_mr2
11-09-2006, 10:48 AM
Heading out to the hills first thing tomorrow..anyone else going?

2.2vtec
11-09-2006, 11:03 AM
I'll be there for sure!

snowboard
11-09-2006, 11:07 AM
will be so busssayyy, but its look pretty good so far!
i need new snow pants this year i got too fat for mine :dunno:

Mar
11-09-2006, 11:22 AM
I'll be there, just bought aaaaaaall new Burton gear.

FungusMonkey
11-09-2006, 11:37 AM
im probably going saturday, not looking forward to the crowds but i need my dose of snowboarding soon or ill go crazy.

Redlyne_mr2
11-09-2006, 11:48 AM
Its never busy, especially on Friday during the work week. There will be no one there, the hills dont start to get busy until Christmas time.

Mar
11-09-2006, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Its never busy, especially on Friday during the work week. There will be no one there, the hills dont start to get busy until Christmas time.

Exactly. I went during the week all last year simply because Saturdays are crazy busy with huge groups going. I'd rather take Friday off and work Saturday, think that's what I'll do this winter.

snowboard
11-09-2006, 12:42 PM

Since when did the hills not get busy till christmas?
and i think a few people might take friday off to go? just like you and the 5 guys in my office and hundreds of other people excited to get out?
Plus i think some peopel get it off for rememberance day.
sheeeeesh.

but yah i never go on weekends, it sucks, you cant even move half the time.

Redlyne_mr2
11-09-2006, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by snowboard

Since when did the hills not get busy till christmas?
and i think a few people might take friday off to go? just like you and the 5 guys in my office and hundreds of other people excited to get out?
Plus i think some peopel get it off for rememberance day.
sheeeeesh.

but yah i never go on weekends, it sucks, you cant even move half the time.
I guess we might have a different idea on what busy is. I consider busy for Sunshine when the lots is full and people start to park along the road. I dont think Ive ever had to wait in line for the lifts either prior to Christmas. Ive been calling everyone I know trying to get people to come out for tomorrow but no one can go because they all have work. Contrary to what you might think there arent too many hardcore riders in this city who are willing to take a day off just to ride 3 lifts. If Im wrong though and it is busy tomorrow then Ill buy you a beer. :D

ercchry
11-09-2006, 01:38 PM
last year having opening day on the 11th it was crazy busy and the lot was pretty much full and there was a huge line at the bottom and real line ups like you would see at loiuse for the chairs

snowboard
11-09-2006, 01:40 PM

I guess we might have a different idea on what busy is. I consider busy for Sunshine when the lots is full and people start to park along the road. I dont think Ive ever had to wait in line for the lifts either prior to Christmas. Ive been calling everyone I know trying to get people to come out for tomorrow but no one can go because they all have work. Contrary to what you might think there arent too many hardcore riders in this city who are willing to take a day off just to ride 3 lifts. If Im wrong though and it is busy tomorrow then Ill buy you a beer. :D

haha deal.
post up how it is, i might take a day off next week and get out thurrrrrr

Gurpy
11-09-2006, 01:51 PM
I'll be up there fri/sat (as long as I dont have to go outa town for work sat) and sun...I think its gonna be a good opening!

ercchry
11-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Past 24 Hours: 7cm, Past 3 Days: 22cm, Base: 61cm

Sunshine will be opening tomorrow and thanks to great early season snow 5 lifts will be running. Wawa, Strawberry, Standish, Jackrabbit, Wolverine will be open. Ski-out is open to Goat's Eye! Reduced lift ticket prices are in effect at $49.95
http://www.skibanff.com/skicam/mobotix/current.jpg

bonnieclyde240
11-09-2006, 02:28 PM
I went to Sunshine on a Saturday, parking was packed, had to park near the entrance along the road, had to walk 15 minutes to the actual parking lot and lodge, not really a comfortable thing to do with gear on, carrying your snowboard and wearing your boots which tilts at an awkward angle so your leaning somewhat forward walking uphill. They were courteous enough to have shuttles to and from the entrance..of course we didn't find out till halfway through hiking when the shuttle passed us, but besides that, it was worth the ride. I would definitely go again but I usually wait until resorts are open for a couple of weeks, so if anyone is going again in a couple of days or weeks, I'm down.

Lo)2enz0
11-09-2006, 02:36 PM
i am going to wait for it to warm up a bit. plus i don't have time till saturday and its going to be CRAZY busy that day

Redlyne_mr2
11-09-2006, 02:46 PM
Conditions look to be ok, nothing stellar but jsut good to get out and have some fun, definitaly going ot bring my rock skis though

kerry
11-12-2006, 01:11 PM
I wanted to go but got ditched out on by my friends.
They decided last minute they didn't want to go lol.

Next weekend ftw!

FiveFreshFish
11-12-2006, 01:21 PM
Opening days are always busy. Anyone have pics to share from this weekend?

garyb
11-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Saturday was awsome! actually had some pow in the morning, crowds weren't so bad on wolverine

CivicTunr
11-12-2006, 06:53 PM
louise > sunshine

riceeater
11-12-2006, 08:19 PM
agreed... sunshine is just one big bunny hill... i like ghoat's eye though

when does louise open?

marko polo
11-12-2006, 08:28 PM
sunshine is pretty good already, went saturday and there was acutally decent powder down backdoor except for the exit part where all the tree root and shit is. i acutally saw a guy go donw that and tried jumping some trees and he ended up smashing into a bunch of fallen over trees and landing on his back. i thought it was fucking hilarioous though.

Chris101
11-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by riceeater
agreed... sunshine is just one big bunny hill... i like ghoat's eye though

when does louise open?

Yesterday, and man was it good for an opening day. Top of the World had some serious powder all the way down.

Mar
11-12-2006, 11:21 PM
We were driving up the hill to get to the parking lot for Sunshine and some douchebag in a Civic tried to cross the solid line and pass us on the wrong side of the road. He got in front of us, started fishtailing, spun around and stopped facing the other direction on the other shoulder.

FiveFreshFish
11-12-2006, 11:51 PM
I bought a SNOWMAX card at the Snow Show last week.

http://www.panoramaresort.com/snowmax.htm

For $120 + tax, that includes the first 4 lift tickets free at Panorama or Kicking Horse, and $15 off the regular price after that.

7thgenvic
11-12-2006, 11:53 PM
anyone go up sunday?

tomorrow is going to be too fucking busy to make a trip out there!

DJ Lazy
11-13-2006, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by CivicTunr
louise > sunshine

Negative... Real Snow > Fake Snow. Then again I don't stay in the resort boundries long enough to care... haha..

CivicTunr
11-13-2006, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy

Negative... Real Snow > Fake Snow. Then again I don't stay in the resort boundries long enough to care... haha..

actually sunshine makes snow too, me and my friends saw them doing it, they were making it on the waterfall run.