PDA

View Full Version : auto finder?

k98303
11-09-2006, 07:30 PM
i post my car for sale on trader..then today this guy called me and asked me if i want to put my car on auto finder for sale too..he said $ will refund if car is not sold, $ is 150 dollars..of course i didn't say yes just told him to cal lme back tomorrow. he is from auto finder not auto trader.
has anyone else have calls like this? scammin?

Jynx
11-09-2006, 08:03 PM
You will probably get about ten of those calls. From what i have read here on beyond its very difficult to get your money back from them if your car doesnt sell.

boarderfatty
11-09-2006, 08:20 PM
its a rip off, they do nothing to promote their inventories, when was the last time you saw advertisements for the auto finder, And to get your money back you need to fill out some forms and have them noterized by a notary. they make their money this way since most people dont want the hassle over $150.

I got scammed by a similar company called greatcarsandtrucks.com and others have been had by carz4u.biz
all guarenteeing your car sold for asking price within 90 days for $150 or your money back

Ichigo
11-09-2006, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by boarderfatty
its a rip off, they do nothing to promote their inventories, when was the last time you saw advertisements for the auto finder, And to get your money back you need to fill out some forms and have them noterized by a notary. they make their money this way since most people dont want the hassle over $150.

I got scammed by a similar company called greatcarsandtrucks.com and others have been had by carz4u.biz
all guarenteeing your car sold for asking price within 90 days for $150 or your money back

Godamn greatcarsandtrucks.com got me. I wasnt thinking when I agreed to them. Then a month later I got a message from a person that went through that ad and I was so happy. However it was a person that used to work there and told me they were a rip off and told me good luck on getting my money back. :banghead:

k98303
11-09-2006, 08:59 PM
everyone should be aware..

redart
11-30-2006, 04:47 PM
stay away from those auto finder and greatcars, they're virtually impossible to reach when you need to contact them to get your refund. if you've never heard of auto finder, then probably no one else has either, and who would be searching for your ad to call?

man, greatcarsandtrucks is definitely a scam company, they've made a fortune doing this, take a look at how many BBB complaints they have against them. and they have false inventory numbers, if you try buying a car there it is probably an ad that is like, 1 year old. you won't be able to get your money back, believe me i've tried calling and calling. they just never return your calls. i hope they get arrested or something.

but if you want something that actually works i recommend putting it in autotrader.ca, they are really effective. not the cheapest, but it definitely worked. put my red corrolla on the site and within 1 day i got a 4 calls. success!

Ichigo
11-30-2006, 11:16 PM
How do you post a complaint to the bbb? I think I'll add to their long list of negatives.

New2Talon
12-01-2006, 12:38 AM
I got sucked into this almost 90 days ago now. Ive been trying to contact someone about getting my refund but I think I just kissed that $150 goodbye the moment I answered the phone. I had never heard of this before, and it sounded like a good idea (even checked out their website...) :banghead:

FACK, thinking about it makes me mad now. :guns: :guns:

Cruz
12-01-2006, 12:54 AM
When I was shopping for a car a while back, I found an ad on greatcarsandtrucks and called the guy. He sounded totally confused and I asked him if he was the one selling the listed car. He replies, "Ya...2 years ago!"

He goes on to tell me that the company is a scam and don't even call anyone else on the site because they don't update it and the phone number they gave him is now out of service. They apparently don't return calls.

redart
12-06-2006, 12:36 PM
Here is Calgary's BBB list of complaints against them:

http://worf.usshurdman.com/~calgary/commonreport.html?compid=37515

topmade
12-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Scam, all scams. I would only use Autotrader, Bargain finder, or Beyond when buying/selling cars.

lilmira
12-06-2006, 02:02 PM
Just persuade them to buy your car for 150 off the asking price.

SilverBoost
12-06-2006, 02:21 PM
Here's a life lesson,

if anyone calls to offer, or emails or snail-mails you any sort of document unsolicited, that offers to somehow make your life easier for a small guaranteed fee....... run. 9 times out of 10 it's a BS scam.