PDA

View Full Version : REDLIGHT CAMERA: help please

jdm_eg6
11-09-2006, 09:00 PM
MOD PLEASE CLOSE

85regal
11-09-2006, 09:37 PM
well, if she couldn't see if the light was green or red, why was she going through it? honestly do you think "i couldn't see the light" is any sort of reason????

cmodem
11-09-2006, 09:59 PM
The way i see it is the ticket is registered owner... red light right?? they can't place demerits on a driver that wasn't pulled over and a cop can be the witness that you/she/whoever is driving.

So in other words it's like a photo radar ticket... no demerits just money... it's just fricking money... so pay it up and tell your gf not to drive so closely.

If you try to fight photos i know the crown can tag you with demerits if you go up there and say i was driving and this happened i don't think it's fair... happened to one of my dad's drivers ahha... so don't fight RO tickets just pay it.

As for if red light tickets are RO... can anyone confirm? i would think it would be since it's just like photo radar.

bspot
11-09-2006, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by jdm_eg6
if she was safe she wouldnt have been so close to the truck BLA BLA BLA,

You spelled it out for me.

Seriously, my friend got a ticket for the exact same thing. He just manned up and admitted it was dumb to go through an intersection when he couldn't even see the signal. If that light had been red for the truck she might have gotten smoked by traffic coming the other way.

guessboi
11-09-2006, 10:09 PM
^ agreed, is just financial loss, your gf is not losing dermits and your insurance will not go up. just pay it and don't pass a light when you can't see it. :clap:

Clever
11-09-2006, 10:13 PM
Go in and talk to them and say you would like to get a reduction on the ticket, they'll probably cut it in half, don't worry about insurance rates and demerits, those will not be affected. I believe my ticket was for $287 ended up paying $140, and make sure you go in early, the line up after 9 am is insane.

jdm_eg6
11-09-2006, 10:18 PM
Ty, yeh i know i hear that. I hope she doesnt have to pay up thats soo gay shes a super good driver. Thanks for the... err help??? but i dont think she deserves this ticket at all. anywayss :drama:

:closed:

Clever
11-09-2006, 10:23 PM
She can claim not guilty and talk to a judge and try to argue her case, she might be able to ask for the pic taken and show the judge the circumstances as to why she ran the red light.

M.alex
11-09-2006, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Clever
She can claim not guilty and talk to a judge and try to argue her case, she might be able to ask for the pic taken and show the judge the circumstances as to why she ran the red light.

I'm sure that would be real successful - 'I ran a red light because I couldn't see it so I figured I shouldn't stop for it'.

Xtrema
11-09-2006, 11:38 PM
I don't think you can fight photo tickets. You just have to pay up.

It's a machine. So it's black and white. The only thing you can argue is weather and that you can't stop.

At least you don't have 3 demerit to deal with.

M.alex
11-10-2006, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

It's a machine. So it's black and white. The only thing you can argue is weather and that you can't stop.

That doesn't work - friend skidded through a red light because it was pretty icy - he tried to argue that he wasn't able to stop and he was told

-get better tires
-slow down more in poor driving conditions

Aleks
11-10-2006, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by M.alex

That doesn't work - friend skidded through a red light because it was pretty icy - he tried to argue that he wasn't able to stop and he was told

-get better tires
-slow down more in poor driving conditions

:thumbsup:

M.alex
11-10-2006, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Aleks

:thumbsup:

too many people drive like idiots out there in winter conditions:nut:

bspot
11-10-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by jdm_eg6
i dont think she deserves this ticket at all. anywayss :drama:
:closed:

Ask yourself these two questions:

Was the light red?

Did she proceed through the intersection?

If the answer to both of those is 'yes' like I imagine it is, you're right, she probably doesn't deserve the ticket. God damned CPS. Its bullshit!

rc2002
11-10-2006, 06:06 PM
Haha, why is thread still not closed?

Mangina
11-10-2006, 06:21 PM
I ran a red once, but I was too drunk too see the light. I fought it and got off.

Speed_69
11-10-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Mangina
I ran a red once, but I was too drunk too see the light. I fought it and got off.
you think you're cool now? :thumbsdow you deserve to get the ticket

89s1
11-15-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69

you think you're cool now? :thumbsdow you deserve to get the ticket

sarcasm is clearly lost on you... this guy was obviously pointing out that her excuse was bunk and that she damn well deserves the ticket.

RobTheGob
11-16-2006, 09:29 AM
It pisses me off when people run red lights.

If it was up to me - the fine would be $1000...

Super_Geo
11-20-2006, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by RobTheGob
It pisses me off when people run red lights.

If it was up to me - the fine would be $1000...

If it were up to me - the fine would be $100,000 and cutting the hands and feet off of all your relatives so they can never drive and repeat the mistake.

So good thing it's not up to me... or you.