PDA

View Full Version : TaiJutsu?

bigbadboss101
11-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Anyone know much about TaiJutsu? I believe it's a variable of Ninjutsu. It's Japanese involving kicking, punching, weapon defence etc.

I am considering taking either it, or MMA. Not sure which yet as I am doing some research.

TimG
11-10-2006, 04:45 PM
taijutsu will be more focused on self defense and not much on the sport side like MMA. Taijutsu will also likely not have as much focus on ground work.

Which TaiJutsu school are you looking at? I only know of one in Calgary; ITTA.

bigbadboss101
11-10-2006, 09:03 PM
Yes I have met Orlando. I live in Calgary but working in Fort Mac. There is a Tae Kwon Do place here that does Thai, MMA etc.
Actually one of the women kickboxing champ is here. She used to train at Mike Miles and now she lives here.

There is also a TaiJutsu place here. I like something that is focused on self defence, but also want to get in better shape.
MMA don't focus on weapon defence, TJ don't focus on groundwork. I like to be well versed all around :-)

kerry
11-12-2006, 01:09 PM
TaiJitsu is good.

Lots of neat actual real life techniques.
If you're doing it to get into MMA, go do BJJ.

If you want to protect yourself, do Taijitsu.
Taijitsu did havce quite a bit on ground work... but not enough
to make you do well if you were in MMA.

I guess if you want to be safer in real life, I'd do the Taijitsu.
Also take a few BJJ classes when you head back to Calgary.

I did a year and a half of Budo Bujinkan Taijitsu, as
well as about a year of TKD and 6 months of judo, and
also tried 2 years of Shotokan Karate *bs don't do it*.

Taijitsu taught me the most. Easily. The other shit is too much
of a sport nowadays.

I did it before I moved to Calgary but went to a place on 32nd
Ave NE a few times. That's the place that I'd suggest if it's still
around. Don't remember the name but the owner was ex-military
police.

The Taijitsu guy in Fort Mac is awesome. His name is Dave and is
a Rokudan. Crazy guy. Works at site too. So if you go I think his
classes are still at the YMCA lol.

bigbadboss101
11-12-2006, 04:09 PM
Cool I will look into the TJ place in Fort Mac. It is at one of the schools YMCA uses.

The one on 32nd is Ninpo. Orlando M.

Definite not thinking of getting into MMA. I like something practical. Philippino MA is pretty good too.

soupey
11-12-2006, 04:24 PM
:rofl:

bigbadboss101
11-13-2006, 06:44 PM
WTF, world tae kwon do federation.

yellowsnow
11-15-2006, 04:07 PM
you should train under gai-sensei :thumbsup:

essential.mix
11-20-2006, 02:21 AM
Go take MMA at Dragons Den..(If your ever in Calgary for a while) or at lease check it out, they have more than one Martial Art there. Its a great work out and they teach great techniques, very good place to learn if your passionate about it. Another good thing about it is that these guys wont waste your time, they make sure you come out of there a better fighter than you went in :clap:

Sprinter
11-22-2006, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
Cool I will look into the TJ place in Fort Mac. It is at one of the schools YMCA uses.

The one on 32nd is Ninpo. Orlando M.

Definite not thinking of getting into MMA. I like something practical. Philippino MA is pretty good too.

When you say Filipino MA, are you referring the two-stick weapon that they use... Arnis I think is what its called?

Taijutsu... Jujitsu... aren't they both a form of self defense? what's the maint difference?

Pee_Sack
11-22-2006, 10:25 AM
I know a few of the guys that train and teach at the taijitsu school up here. If you want me to get you any sort of information send me a pm. I work with 2 of the black belts that teach on and off.

bigbadboss101
11-22-2006, 10:39 AM
Nice. I email David and will try to go for a visit. One of the guys at Popeyes train in it as well.

I am at Suncor, where r u? I believe Dave is on one of the sites as well.

kerry
11-23-2006, 04:52 PM
Dave's at Syncrude I'm sure lol.

bigbadboss101
11-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Everyone knows everyone? :-)