PDA

View Full Version : Sterio Issue:

Ben
07-18-2002, 12:51 AM
Okay...bugs galore...Firstly...

1) Sterio craps out and I only get bass, but its shitty quality bass... (only out of subs)

2) My subs go in tune with my exhaust, so when I'm idling, I almost go deaf as the subs are at LOW ASS BASS...

3) Subs sound like they are not moving in perfect unison

Anyone have a clue?

I think my subs are toast, but I want to preserve them as long as possible...

redline_13000
07-18-2002, 12:55 AM
alternator maybe

Weapon_R
07-18-2002, 01:37 AM
Could it be your amplifier also?

D'z Nutz
07-18-2002, 04:52 PM
Unless you actually describe your set up, I think it's going to be hard to give an accurate guess.

Is your stereo run off an amp? If it is and this is after a while of heavy blasting, it could be you're not providing your amp with sufficient cooling or your amp isn't mounted properly for the heat sink to cool properly. My second guess would be wiring (whether you're running of an amp or not, especially ground).

As for your subs, have you checked the gains on your amp? My first assumption was the alternator as well. Do your lights dim on deep bass hits?

Ben
07-18-2002, 05:04 PM
My set up:

Panasonic DF100 Head

F- 4x6 Ultimate Titanium speakers
R- Rockford HPC1204 4"

Subs:
2x10" Rockford Punch Subs (Basic)

Amp:
Rockford 56.2

Monted to the back of custom box.

Wires: Stinger Helix

Lights dont dim.

Sterio craps out from the start, but has only started recently...

I'm thinkig about gutting the car and s5tarting over...but if its a quick fix I would like to execute that option first.

Thanks for the help guys

2000impreza
07-18-2002, 05:33 PM
have you checked the ground wires to the amps? maybe airleak in sub box if its sealed type.

Ben
07-18-2002, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by 2000impreza
have you checked the ground wires to the amps? maybe airleak in sub box if its sealed type.
No Leak, and ground wire is intact and snugg

GT2NV
07-18-2002, 07:01 PM
OOOOOOO MY GOD BENNY I HAD THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM WITH MY JETTA LMAO :nut: :nut: :nut: THAT IS SO FUNNY, .... I LOVE PUMPING ENGINE NOISES ON MY SYSTEM AHHAHAHAA wow i thought i was the only one lmao

Ben
07-18-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by black94gt
OOOOOOO MY GOD BENNY I HAD THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM WITH MY JETTA LMAO :nut: :nut: :nut: THAT IS SO FUNNY, .... I LOVE PUMPING ENGINE NOISES ON MY SYSTEM AHHAHAHAA wow i thought i was the only one lmao

Well it sounds awesome, but It cant be great for the system, as well as it distorts the hell out of the music I'm listening to...

please help.

boi-alien
07-18-2002, 10:25 PM
you're not running a high low converter are you?!

Ben
07-19-2002, 02:20 PM
Well, I tore all the power wires out of my car today, checked them, soldered all the shitty connections, and put them back in...which solved problems 1 and 3, and number 2 about 50%.

I'm thinking its an alternator issue...maybe it needs a filter put on the line or one replaced....

But damn, system sounds better than it ever did. I beefed up the power connections, and replaced the head units power cable to a bigger one...through to the battery. What a difference!

boi-alien
07-20-2002, 07:26 PM
that'll happen benny hehe....

but from the sounds of it, i think it's an alternator issue

GT2NV
07-21-2002, 01:12 AM
yeah im not sure what happened there but once i replaced my stock system with the aftermarket one, it fixed so it wasent a big deal=( to bad shes sold now, i miss her:( :(